Project I've been working on

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nick. View Post
    Great idea, what stands have been suggested for expansion?

I have vague recollections of talk of another tier on Ellerslie in the past
    Second tier on Ellersie is what I heard. Not sure how you could do it though.
    Now, Then, Forever
    [CENTER]QPR-Football League CHAMPIONS

Comment

could try and link a second tier starting on the same level as the loft and school end?

i can see my seat on the half way line, love it!

Comment

Great idea, what stands have been suggested for expansion?

I have vague recollections of talk of another tier on Ellerslie in the past
        Can I make suggestion maybe put it to a vote due to the work you may have to put into it so don't just be influenced by one opinion.

Personally I think you you should keep it realistic. Add '5-7k' to the capacity.

Both the Ellerslie Road Stand and Loft would be the 2 stands IMO and I like to see a redesign of the SAR Stand roof without the pylons.

I have always thought the Loft could become single tier and Ellerslie Road a two tier stand (with shallow lower tier and steep upper tier).

Maybe start with one stand then 2 etc, quite excited to see someone knock an artist impression up of this
        Last edited by The White City General; 26-03-2011, 07:10 PM.

Comment

Ok, just like in real life, it will be much easier to use as much as possible of the existing structure. Anyone care to speculate what an additional tier on Ellerslie might look like? when you say aligned with the Loftus Road end, do you mean with the roof, or the upper tier?

So starting with Ellerslie, the choices would be a new tier starting at roof level, or a partial destruction of the existing stand to give it a lower tier much like that of Loftus and School ends, and then a second tier which is higher than all other stands.

In real terms, one would have to assume we would need to buy all those houses in Ellerslie Road to make it possible. This is why I always thought SA Road would be a good candidate. Close SA Road entirely, it's a pretty quiet road anyway, and just build an entirely new, maybe single tier, enormous stand. Not sure where Flabio's vanity seats would go.

Comment

Ok, just like in real life, it will be much easier to use as much as possible of the existing structure. Anyone care to speculate what an additional tier on Ellerslie might look like? when you say aligned with the Loftus Road end, do you mean with the roof, or the upper tier?

So starting with Ellerslie, the choices would be a new tier starting at roof level, or a partial destruction of the existing stand to give it a lower tier much like that of Loftus and School ends, and then a second tier which is higher than all other stands.

In real terms, one would have to assume we would need to buy all those houses in Ellerslie Road to make it possible. This is why I always thought SA Road would be a good candidate. Close SA Road entirely, it's a pretty quiet road anyway, and just build an entirely new, maybe single tier, enormous stand. Not sure where Flabio's vanity seats would go.
            agree about s/a road. create a new road system back near the rubber. close the rest of the road(pedestrianise). build a complete new ground on the new space. a ten ml spanner and a set of allen keys should be enough to dismantle the stands. sorry lost the run of this thread there.
            PRIDE OF LONDON.

Comment

No chance with the SAR idea, best idea would be to 'hang' the roof over the road but you won't be able to move the stand back.

I'd imagine the Ellerslie Road structured like Chelsea's Matthew Harding stand. Shallow lower tier and steep upper tier. You need to think of the angles of the stands more so fitting into existing spaces. If height was not an issue then you should consider how you can expand the capacity vertically. Your design must fit the existing footprint of the stadium.

Comment

wow fantastic
                FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER http://twitter.com/SamGuzinski

Comment

Good work, very impressive.

Don't the lines on the pitch go the other way though.

Comment

That is very good

Comment

Think Ellerslie would need knocking down, and put a much steeper stand in that goes higher, incorperate toilets and outlets within the stand, underneath.
                      They seek him here.................

Comment

Originally posted by Hoopaman View Post
                        Good work, very impressive.

Don't the lines on the pitch go the other way though.
                        I think it's down to perspective, i.e. which way you are viewing the direction of the mown grass, but easily changed if required.

I haven't been down there for a while, so was basing it on some photos from a couple of years ago.

Comment

I think it's down to perspective, i.e. which way you are viewing the direction of the mown grass, but easily changed if required.

I haven't been down there for a while, so was basing it on some photos from a couple of years ago.
                          Perhaps. I'm pretty sure they go across the pitch. Aids offside decisions. Great job mate. Pat yerself on the back from me.

Comment

Cheers for the feedback, I'll change the lines. (it's a really easy fix)

Having said that, I don't think you'd see them at all in that sense if you were looking from one end of the pitch, as they just reflect whether the blades are towards you or against, which you wouldn't see if you were side on.

Seeing as the two pictures I've done are more lengthways than sideways, I might have to leave them for now.

Large areas of grass are notoriously difficult to model in a rendering package. If you are close up, you can do some really nice effects that give the impression of individual blades of grass, but that's impractical for something the size of a football pitch, it would takes weeks to render.

So I took a very high res pic of Loftus Road from 2009 and used a section of the pitch as a repeating texture which has done a nice job of almost eliminating the biggest problem with large areas of grass, obvious repetition of the texture where you see the same blemishes appearing over and over in a straight line. So the pitch is really just a compromise, but one that worked out ok I think if you'd seen the first few effots.

The ad-boards are something else that instantly dates the images obviously, I'll Sky+ the next home match on telly and maybe update those.
                            Last edited by Nick.; 27-03-2011, 11:27 AM.

Comment

It looks like it depends on where you are sitting as to what you see, I guess they cut it in both directions;

Comment

How dare you use that pic to remind us of our one home defeat this season

Comment

Working...
                                X