Project I've been working on

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nik29 View Post
    Great stuff - I was about to ask where I could get a print of the 2nd pic from!
    I'm happy to run off prints just need to figure out how to approach it. The prints are quite costly, so I might get a batch done or something. I can create prints of any other views too, like Jamie Mackie's current one

Comment

Just Brilliant.

How many hours did you spend on it?
      Now, Then, Forever
      [CENTER]QPR-Football League CHAMPIONS

Comment

Top work! we have got some very talented fans urssssssss
        F*CK OFF CHELSEA WEST LONDON IS OURS!

Comment

Originally posted by qprjames View Post
          Just Brilliant.

How many hours did you spend on it?
          You know what, I probably shouldn't work that out to keep my sanity

Including time spent learning the software, it's got to be 50+, hence I'm glad to have it finished as I'm back to health and back to work and just don't have the time

Though I'm tempted to do a 1990's version by ripping all those seats out, and maybe set the time to night and turn the floodlights on to see what it looks like. Lighting is a real art in 3ds max though, so that will take a further big investment of time

Comment

Stunning technological skill there - awesome really. Could you muck around by putting machine guns on the roofs or trains emerging from players tunnel and stuff? I know that'd be juvenile but I think you could be on to something interseting (and lucrative?) with a sort of mash-up of modelling/collage/art/sci-fi but I don't have the wit or skill or imagination to nail that idea down (I'd probably not get beyond putting rude words on the advertising hoardings!)

Comment

Originally posted by PedalR View Post
              Stunning technological skill there - awesome really. Could you muck around by putting machine guns on the roofs or trains emerging from players tunnel and stuff? I know that'd be juvenile but I think you could be on to something interseting (and lucrative?) with a sort of mash-up of modelling/collage/art/sci-fi but I don't have the wit or skill or imagination to nail that idea down (I'd probably not get beyond putting rude words on the advertising hoardings!)
              Yeah definately, was thinking people might want their kids pics on the scoreboard or stuff like that, or their own companies logos around the ground, creating personalized one-off prints.

I don't have a creative mind to make the things you mention work, but they definately could. I'm more a binary straight lines and numbers man, so reproducing a piece of architecture where all the design has been done is more up my street

I'll have a think about it, maybe I should set up a website where people can request stuff and haggle a price.

If anyone has any ideas/requests please do let me know, this was never intended to be a moneymaking venture, but if there's some interest I'd be well up for working on this if I can make a couple of quid to cover my time and the cost of printing.

Comment

Definitely worth sending to EA though, they can do the rest. Never know what could come from it ;)

Comment

Very impressive mate, and very interesting.. I looked into Maya at one time but didn't spend enough time on it to learn anything of use...

I’m also working on a ‘project’ at the moment which will be finished at the end of the season and having seen your work I'm now wondering how i could incorporate it into my project...
                  Your screen shots are taken from various angles from within the ground so does that mean you can virtually move about in the ground and possibly video that instead of just taking still screen shots ?
                  We got our Ranger's back!

Comment

Originally posted by hhrangers View Post
                    Definitely worth sending to EA though, they can do the rest. Never know what could come from it ;)
                    Done. I'll buy you a pint if anything comes of it.

Originally posted by Devon Park Ranger View Post
                    Very impressive mate, and very interesting.. I looked into Maya at one time but didn't spend enough time on it to learn anything of use...

I’m also working on a ‘project’ at the moment which will be finished at the end of the season and having seen your work I'm now wondering how i could incorporate it into my project...
                    Your screen shots are taken from various angles from within the ground so does that mean you can virtually move about in the ground and possibly video that instead of just taking still screen shots ?
                    Yes absolutely, you can move the camera to any point in the ground to within fractions of a millimetre if that was required, and then 3ds Max can animate a cameras movement/panning and produce an AVI. I'll try and knock up an example and stick it on youtube. It can do any resolution, so 1080p HD would be possible for instance, just a bit time consuming to produce.

Comment

Absolutly superb, Nick.
                      They seek him here.................

Comment

any chance of knocking up some lucy pinder pics in same stylee!!!!
                        you know nothing john snow!!!!

Comment

Wow, thought it was photos until I read the thread.

Comment

Nick I am wondering if you can produce a theoritical impression of an expanded capacity at Loftus Road?

Comment

in the old unigate site!!!!!!
                              PRIDE OF LONDON.

Comment

Originally posted by The White City General View Post
                                Nick I am wondering if you can produce a theoritical impression of an expanded capacity at Loftus Road?
                                Great idea, what stands have been suggested for expansion?

I have vague recollections of talk of another tier on Ellerslie in the past

Comment

Working...
                                X