Surely Now Time For An Extra 4,000 Seats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Surely Now Time For An Extra 4,000 Seats

Demand will be very high (if/when we get promoted) for next season.

Do we look for a new ground or do we try and build where we got, because unlike some who compare it to the last time we were in the Premiership, today has proved demand for big games.

All clubs on average crowds go up about 20-25% when promoted, yet as it stands we have no-where to put them.
    ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
    THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

I thought it was impossible for us to expand even 1000 seats?

Comment

If we go up (yes like it or not its still an if) then I can't see any scenario where we install extra seats in 2 Months. Lets have at least one season of consolidation before we even think of extra capacity.
      http://twitter.com/#!/superhoops10

Comment

even if we could expand LR it would mean actually reducing capacity for at least half a season while the redevelopment was in progress

buy the unigate - helical bar site build the 60k super stadium and dam the torpedoes, lot of steel required in a new stadium!
        its New Era number 8 i tell thee, bring on the fireworks

Comment

If we really can't do anything to Loftus Road and have to move, please please please can we not move into a shitty bowl arena like the likes of Donny/Cov/Leics even Reading have.. they are truly sh.ite!!

A bigger version of LR with a bit more leg room would be sweet as.

Comment

Could get another thousand right away, get rid of W12 and C club and have the original 19270.
            Opinions are like A******s, everyone has one, but nobody wants to see the other guy's.
            -----------------------------------------------------------------
            https://twitter.com/#!/QPRBOB

Comment

Originally posted by qblockpete View Post
              Demand will be very high (if/when we get promoted) for next season.

Do we look for a new ground or do we try and build where we got, because unlike some who compare it to the last time we were in the Premiership, today has proved demand for big games.

All clubs on average crowds go up about 20-25% when promoted, yet as it stands we have no-where to put them.
              Won't happen anytime soon, half a dozen home games ago we got 13k against Coventry. I think 3/4k expansion on the capacity would be acceptable but we'd probably have to reduce the capacity or ground share to achieve it.

All today has proved is that we have plenty of fans who like the big day out. If we are selling out against the likes of Wigan, Stoke etc next season then go for it but for now we'll make do what we have got.

I have my ST so I'm not bothered
              Last edited by The White City General; 25-03-2011, 06:35 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by QPRbob View Post
                Could get another thousand right away, get rid of W12 and C club and have the original 19270.
                Can't be done, as much as some people moan about the c club an w12, the hospitality areas and such had to be improved to match premiership criteria in the event we got promoted..
                Cant believe it, ive been PWOPER MUGGED ORF...

Comment

thing is Pete, we, like many clubs, could sell thousands extra when we play arsenal, ****, manure etc but when we play bolton, wigan, blackpool etc we are very unlickely to sell 13,000 on awednesday night/sunday morning at £50 a shot? the jonny-cum-latelys who snatched up the last of the leeds tickets wont be so keen to pat £50 to see blackburn (at a time to suit sky)

Comment

Originally posted by Youvebeenrangered View Post
                    Can't be done, as much as some people moan about the c club an w12, the hospitality areas and such had to be improved to match premiership criteria in the event we got promoted..
                    Fair enough, didn't know that.
                    Opinions are like A******s, everyone has one, but nobody wants to see the other guy's.
                    -----------------------------------------------------------------
                    https://twitter.com/#!/QPRBOB

Comment

Good job we started this thread - I had almost forgotton what we all say twice a week in the regular capacity discussions.
                      twitter @silvercue

soundcloud

Comment

we should halve the cappacity so people can actually seat down with out their legs being behind their ears.
                        Chelmsford City the home of Radio

Comment

Fill in the corners again in upper away end

Comment

Originally posted by Nik29 View Post
                            A bigger version of LR with a bit more leg room would be sweet as.
                            Yes an identi-kit replica of LR but twice the size would be peeeerfectamondo.

How about we build it on Queens Park, our original home

Comment

take the supporting posts out as well though.
                              Chelmsford City the home of Radio

Comment

Working...
                              X