No new deal for QPR star Adel Taarabt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No new deal for QPR star Adel Taarabt

“I can’t see that happening,” said Warnock. “Adel has been well taken care of at QPR, and there’s no need to do anything for the time being.”

Fulham is a typically diverse London area with something for everyone - from the hustle and bustle of North End Road Market, to the refined chicness of the iconic Fulham Road. It boasts superb pubs and restaurants, two Premier League football clubs and excellent transport links.
    TaarabT Abdel

Rangers have no plans to extend Taarabt deal

QPR won't be offering Championship Player of the Season Adel Taarabt a new contract at Loftus Road.

More...

Comment

Erm...why? We don't want to be in the situation that Blackpool are in with Charlie Adam
      Now, Then, Forever
      [CENTER]QPR-Football League CHAMPIONS

Comment

Let us wait until the start of the next season, when we are up there it will all probably make more sense.
        Banning people is no longer my hobby,
        but take a look at my photo blog:

http://kirillqpr.blogspot.com/

How and why did I start supporting QPR in Estonia:
        http://www.wearetherangersboys.com/forum/blog.php?b=852

Comment

Sensible, a new contract now would probably include a massive pay demand. Hasn't he still got two years left on this current contract anyway?
          I just hope Adel doesn't throw a strop in response...
          2011-2013, 2 seasons in the Premiership, 76 games, 14 wins........two years of my life I'll never get back!!

2013/2014 mediocrity topped off with a win at Wembley....

2014/2015 was pretty much the same as 2011-2013.....

2015/2016, average at best.....

2016/2017, same old, same old....

2017/2018, aim low, avoid disappointment!

Its the hope that kills you!

Comment

Why not a new contact with a clause similar to the one Routledge had so if someone comes in with a good offer they can leave if the price is right (around £9M). Good for the player and the club.

Comment

Originally posted by The Moroccan View Post
              “I can’t see that happening,” said Warnock. “Adel has been well taken care of at QPR, and there’s no need to do anything for the time being.”http://www.fulhamchronicle.co.uk/lon...2029-28395387/
              Don't see any real problems here. The contract has plenty left to run and the crucial part of the comment - no need to do anything for the time being. Neil will clearly want to focus solely on getting the job done for now.
              #standuptocancer
              #inyourfacecancer

Comment

Originally posted by stanleyhoop View Post
                Why not a new contact with a clause similar to the one Routledge had so if someone comes in with a good offer they can leave if the price is right (around £9M). Good for the player and the club.
                If Carroll went for £35m and Adam's valued at £14m then £9m is far too low. As qprjames says not offering a new contract could leave us in a similar bind to what Blackpool are in in 18 months' time - I'd rather we ensured a big payout now because I doubt Adel would sign a new contract if he ends up proving himself in the Premiership. Get him now while he's still happy...

Comment

No New Deal For Taarabt-Warnock

Neil Warnock has dismissed the suggestion that Adel Taarabt could be offered an improved contract at Queens Park Rangers.

The midfielder penned a three-year deal upon his arrival at Loftus Road and is currently less than 12 months into that agreement.

He has enjoyed a remarkable 2010/11 campaign, helping to spearhead QPR's promotion push.

The Morocco international has also been named Championship Player of the Year, a fitting reward for his efforts so far.

Warnock, though, is adamant that there are no plans to discuss a new deal with the 21-year-old.

QPR may be closing in on promotion back to the Premier League, but their boss feels that the squad is already being rewarded enough.

"I can't see that happening," said Warnock when asked about a possible new contract for Taarabt.

"Adel has been well taken care of at QPR, and there's no need to do anything for the time being."

I would imagine his agent will be pushing for a new deal to reward him for such a succesfull season?

Comment

Would imagine all contracts re-negotiated should promotion be achieved, think thats what the "for the time being" bit was about?

Comment

Yea I thought that. To be honest the whole team deserves contract improvements not just Taarabt.
                      Last edited by Guest; 25-03-2011, 12:44 AM.

Comment

I'd imagine a lot of players have a % wage increase for if we go up.

Comment

Working...
                        X