No announcement yet.

The Premiership London Match Memories?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Premiership London Match Memories?

Next season should see trips to Tottenham, Arsenal, Chelsea (big doubt over West Ham), but what memories of London derbies do you have?

Which ones stand out the most?
    ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
    THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Remember taking my boss ( a Spurs fan) to a game at LR, Kerslake scored both in a 2 nil win, my boss was really pi**ed off for more than a week afterwards.

1 nil win (Falco) at Highbury stands out, but some of those late 70's div 2 games at Fulham were fun and lively. Winning at Chelsea on bank holiday Monday (can't remember the year) 2 nil with Buzby scoring. Arrived at half-time after a late decision to go and could only get into the Shed end, mind you didn't have to pay!!
    22nd February away v Charlton is the 40th Anniversary of my support of QPR and my first game. Away v Chelsea 3-3 23rd Feb 1974. 40 years of pure magic!!

Comment

Obviously Chelsea 6-0,but also 4-2,3-1 and a 1-0 with Dixon missing a penalty,
      Westham away 3-0
      Arsenal twice beating them at home in 89-90 season
      Tottenham at home 2-0 on my 21st birthday with one of the best goalkeeping cockups ive ever seen
      must of been to quite a few through the 80's and early 90's
      Tottenham away coming back from two down only foe Lineker to get his hattrick in the last minute.Losing 3-1 at Chelsea thinking they were going to put 6 past us.
      Arsenal putting 4 past us at home in the late 80's
      Losing 5-2 at home to spurs with Hoddle and Waddle putting on the best midfield display i have ever seen by an away team at LR
      Loads more ive probably forgotten but these stivk in my mind the most.

Comment

Chelski...always..my brother and his brother in law are ST holders a couple a rows behind the Chels pensioners and the in law hardly ever goes so i go with bruv And i always wear me QPR top. When we score I'm the only one in the stand who's QPR ...oh the looks i get from the pensioners classic.

Comment

Beating Liverpool at home 3-2 under Trevor Francis was good.

Loads of memories but that game stands out for me.

Comment

I remember beating Leeds 4-1 at home with Sir Les getting a brace think Sinton and Wilson scored as well. Strachan got a goal if i remember

Comment

Originally posted by markarnold View Post
              I remember beating Leeds 4-1 at home with Sir Les getting a brace think Sinton and Wilson scored as well. Strachan got a goal if i remember
              Tuesday night game?

Comment

Sorry but wasn't the thread London game? to many to mention one that does spring to mind about late 80s a night game beating arsenal in the league cup with K.Sansom scoring winning goal for us with a rasping drive from edge of box.

Comment

Always enjoyed going to Highbury - we used to drink in a pub close to the ground - 'Bank of Friendship' ? or something like it - great banter between about 6 of us and a couple hundred Gooners.

Remember the Peanut seller in the Clock End walking around the terrace shouting "PEANUTS" !!! - they were glamourous days

Comment

Michael Robinson sending us through to the Milk Cup Semi Final with a lob from the halfway line at Stamford Bridge. So, so sweet after Bates slagged us mercilessly in the programme notes saying we could only play on the plastic.

Packed terrace full of R's and being under a barrage of **** and corrugated iron on the way out.

Comment

Smashing 4 past suds with a raymond wilkins diving header.

Comment

Working...
                      X