Bellamy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bellamy

Craig Bellamy admits it is "very unlikely" he will return to Cardiff City next season, but acknowledged it would be "uncomfortable" to go back to Manchester City if Roberto Mancini is still manager.

Wales international Bellamy is spending the season on loan at Cardiff after falling out of favour with Mancini at City and has scored eight goals in 27 appearances.

A permanent deal at Cardiff is likely to be out of reach, even if the club secure promotion to the Premier League, and Bellamy is braced for a return to City.

He has a further year left on his contract at Eastlands, but accepts it could be a difficult season if Mancini remains City boss.

"Even if Cardiff are promoted, I feel it's very unlikely I'd stay," Bellamy told the Daily Mirror.

"It is not an option to have another year on loan here - I don't want to be on loan anywhere next season.

"The deal Man City did with Cardiff was for them to pay a lot of my wages but if we got promoted, they would have to buy me. It sounded romantic in August but if we look at it money-wise, it's probably not going to happen.

"It is difficult because I do have another year at Man City. I could be there the whole year and not be involved. It would not be ideal for anyone if that happens. It certainly wouldn't be ideal for them.

"I will have to be at Man City because I have a year left, but it will be an uncomfortable situation for everyone really, if Mancini is still in charge.

"There's nothing I can do. He is the manager. He chooses the squad - and rightly so."

Bellamy added: "You never know whether it could still work out for me there. It all depends who you are working with. That's the key.

"If it was [Jose] Mourinho, you don't see many players who can't work with him or he can't revive. Or Harry Redknapp. Certain managers have that gift."

gotta be worth an enquiry.....would love to see him in the hoops

Not exactly done well in this league. They're going to implode if they don't go up this season.

Bellamy - back to Man City
    Whittingham - out of contract
    Bothroyd- out of contract
    Olifanjana- back to Hull

More loan players going back. Loads in debt.

Couldn't happen to a nicer club.
    First game: Arsenal vs Queen's Park Rangers at Highbury, Saturday 17th November 1984.

Comment

Originally posted by HammersmithR View Post
      Not exactly done well in this league. They're going to implode if they don't go up this season.

Olifanjana- back to Hull

No wonder they've started jumping from the upper tier !!!

ABANDON SHIP !!

Comment

Olifanjana- back to Hull

Steam straight in would be good additions to a newly promoted squad.

Comment

if whittingham is out of contract we need to jump straight in on that one!

forget bellamy.. he is a has been.. bothroyd is worth a shout.
          Soldier: "im on reconnaissance sir.. im looking for our camouflage expert.. have you seen him?"
          Lovejoy: "No?!"
          Soldier: "GOD DAMNIT THAT GUYS GOOD!"

Please Follow My Twitter

Comment

Olifanjana- back to Hull

Couldn't agree more!

Comment

Hmmmmmmmmm...

Whittingham yes but always thought that Boothroyd was very overrated and couldn't see him doing much in the Premmo...

Bellend is a c.o.c.k of the very lowest order and seems to disrupt just about every dressing room he enters so no thanks...

Comment

Assuming Swansea don't go up, I would rather go for Scott Sinclair.

Comment

Originally posted by vblockranger View Post
                  Craig Bellamy admits it is "very unlikely" he will return to Cardiff City next season, but acknowledged it would be "uncomfortable" to go back to Manchester City if Roberto Mancini is still manager.

Wales international Bellamy is spending the season on loan at Cardiff after falling out of favour with Mancini at City and has scored eight goals in 27 appearances.

A permanent deal at Cardiff is likely to be out of reach, even if the club secure promotion to the Premier League, and Bellamy is braced for a return to City.

He has a further year left on his contract at Eastlands, but accepts it could be a difficult season if Mancini remains City boss.

"Even if Cardiff are promoted, I feel it's very unlikely I'd stay," Bellamy told the Daily Mirror.

"It is not an option to have another year on loan here - I don't want to be on loan anywhere next season.

"The deal Man City did with Cardiff was for them to pay a lot of my wages but if we got promoted, they would have to buy me. It sounded romantic in August but if we look at it money-wise, it's probably not going to happen.

"It is difficult because I do have another year at Man City. I could be there the whole year and not be involved. It would not be ideal for anyone if that happens. It certainly wouldn't be ideal for them.

"I will have to be at Man City because I have a year left, but it will be an uncomfortable situation for everyone really, if Mancini is still in charge.

"There's nothing I can do. He is the manager. He chooses the squad - and rightly so."

Bellamy added: "You never know whether it could still work out for me there. It all depends who you are working with. That's the key.

"If it was [Jose] Mourinho, you don't see many players who can't work with him or he can't revive. Or Harry Redknapp. Certain managers have that gift."

gotta be worth an enquiry.....would love to see him in the hoops
                  Think that Bellamy has just put the final nail in the coffin containing Cardiff's morale!!!
                  Faurlin is my hero!!! Love him!!! #########

Comment

I do hope so Swanley.

Regards us buying Bellend next season, and even if we do go up ( not certain yet ), I can't see us paying anyone £90k a week.
                    So it ain't gonna happen. Thankfully.

Whittingham and the Hull loanee might be interesting though.

Also I agree about Sinclair. And would prefer Watford's Graham to Bothroyd.

Comment

Originally posted by QPR1976 View Post

Regards us buying Bellend next season, and even if we do go up ( not certain yet ),
                      its more certain than night following day now. its so certain its beyond certainty.

Comment

It should be, on the pitch, but we have 1 massive match left to play out off the pitch. Against the FA, a real 10 pointer, so to speak.

Comment

90k a week. Does this mean he's on more than every Arsenal squad member? Thought their limit was 70k.

Comment

Originally posted by qpr_forever View Post
                            90k a week. Does this mean he's on more than every Arsenal squad member? Thought their limit was 70k.
                            dont know if youve heard, but some uber uber uber rich arabs brought manchester city and pay the highest wages in the world to their players, even the shite players. one bloke whos not even that good is on 225 grand every single week.

Comment

Originally posted by G.T.P View Post
                              dont know if youve heard, but some uber uber uber rich arabs brought manchester city and pay the highest wages in the world to their players, even the shite players. one bloke whos not even that good is on 225 grand every single week.
                              Who ... Tell me, this aint happening.

Comment

Working...
                              X