Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scunny away

Packed it, booked it.....

Useful travel tip for booking by train - On homepage of eastcoast trains, there is a banner for saving money when travelling in a small group. Using this link I saved £15 pp when compared to just going in to book travel by the main booking area!

Not sure why they did this, as I nearly didn't find the link and was going to drive instead.

£42 return if anyone wants to know!

2touch im originally from the wormholt.....sundew ave!
    you know nothing john snow!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by factamondo View Post
      Oh nice, lived on The Curve until last year!

Comment

not the same as it was the old place......yew tree rd looks like the setting for 'black hawk down' these days!!!
        you know nothing john snow!!!!

Comment

I know what you mean. Was never boring though, Finchley is as dull as dishwater!

Comment

My mate weareqpr is picking me up on the way
            I blew a lot on vodka and tonic, gambling and fags. Looking back, I think I overdid it on the tonic. - The one and only Stanley Bowles

Comment

I'm from the wormholt too lived in tamarisk sq with Dennis wise and co then moved to peony gardens just Off the curve a couple of me school mates lived on sundew ave back in the late 70's.

Comment

not the same as it was the old place......yew tree rd looks like the setting for 'black hawk down' these days!!!
                Tis a shame the way things go Facto...Wormholt was once a 'stronghold'.

Comment

Originally posted by The White City General View Post
                  Tis a shame the way things go Facto...Wormholt was once a 'stronghold'.
                  Still is?

Comment

Originally posted by 2touch View Post
                    Still is?
                    To a far lesser extent if anything, not the same estate it was when I grew up on it.

Comment

as an aside to the Wormholt discussion, anyone actually getting the train to Scunny should book two sets of tickets - return to Doncaster, and a return from Doncaster to Scunny. you have to change at Donny regardless, and splitting the tickets reduces the cost significantly.

got my return tickets for about £30 that way.
                      RUN, MWEPU, RUN! CHARGE FORTH AND BOOT THAT BALL DOWNFIELD MY BOY, YOU MAGNIFICENT CHAMPION YOU!

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff View Post
                        as an aside to the Wormholt discussion, anyone actually getting the train to Scunny should book two sets of tickets - return to Doncaster, and a return from Doncaster to Scunny. you have to change at Donny regardless, and splitting the tickets reduces the cost significantly.

Nice one, know of any deals on Barnsley?
                        Queens Park Rangers
                        NPower Champions 2010/2011

PREMIER LEAGUE 2011 - ETERNITY (Oh well got that wrong, we'll be back though)

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff View Post

Damn, why didn't you post that yesterday before I booked?

Why do the train companies have such a nonsensical pricing structure that makes the prices vary so much?

Comment

Originally posted by Cambs Hoops View Post
                            My mate weareqpr is picking me up on the way
                            Really, you should jump in with me, Stan_Bowles, Stanley 75 and knocker

Comment

5 of us driving to Scunny.

Comment

Working...
                              X