The real Fitz Hall

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The real Fitz Hall

So hands up who now feels that Fitz is finally living up to his big name reputation?
    He has come in to replace an out of form player in Connolly, and has looked absolutely superb, infact the only defeat was against Millwall and Fitz didn't play.
    I never slagged Fitz like many others did but admit he gave me concerns, I will now go as far as saying he is our number 1 CB currently, and the recent form of KG puts him at number 2, but big Dan will be very close to the team.
    Warnock has really pulled a masterstroke with our defence at the business end of the season.

Has Your opinion of Fitz changed?

When he plays 30 odd good games I will judge.

He has come into side at the tope of the league and played against some sides who have barely attacked us.

You will have seen yesterday that Donny hardly threatened us all game. Poor team.

Can't pass judgement after about 4 games.
    First game: Arsenal vs Queen's Park Rangers at Highbury, Saturday 17th November 1984.

Comment

Fair point Hammersmith. But to be fair whenever he has come in before he has been a liability, he isn't now, that's a major improvement. Many have said he was immense yesterday.

Comment

time will tell , he has a lot to put right
        Football played the Charlie Ferris way

Comment

Apart from a tendencey to get the wrong side of the player he is marking time and time again resulting in the chance of him giving away a penalty, I think Hall has played pretty week since he got here when he gets his sorry 'arris out on to the pitch.

There is nothing wrong with his playing ability whatsoever and never has been - he has two faults as far as I can see - one, he is not a leader of men and when the team is not playing, he rarely lifts his team-mates and his game goes to pot and two, most fundamentally, he can't last any more than three games before he has to have a rest. He always seems to have niggle after niggle and never a **BIG** injury.

Too much of an injury liability to take us forward next season...

Comment

Originally posted by Jeffro View Post
            Fair point Hammersmith. But to be fair whenever he has come in before he has been a liability, he isn't now, that's a major improvement. Many have said he was immense yesterday.
            I was there yesterday. He had a good game but so did the whole side. Warnock bigged him up in his comments after the game. Think a bit of that was to try and cover himself after making him captain at the start of the season which I still thing is the strangest decision Warnock has made all season.

Oh well, it was 3 points and roll on our next game.
            First game: Arsenal vs Queen's Park Rangers at Highbury, Saturday 17th November 1984.

Comment

remember boro coming to loftus rd and lita giving hall a torrid time,lost 5-0 if im right and me shouting for hall to go.no effort at all,but under a good man like warnock hes certainly blossoming.come a long way since furs done him ,and am now starting to believe that he could be a solid player for us next season
              Ooh northern lads love gravy

Comment

Connolly wouldn't get anywhere near the team at the minute whilst the 3 better CB's are in form.

Decent back up though.

Comment

Originally posted by vanhoop View Post
                  remember boro coming to loftus rd and lita giving hall a torrid time,lost 5-0 if im right and me shouting for hall to go.no effort at all,but under a good man like warnock hes certainly blossoming.come a long way since furs done him ,and am now starting to believe that he could be a solid player for us next season
                  This is kinda my point vanman, he has perm experience too.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeffro View Post
                    This is kinda my point vanman, he has perm experience too.
                    Not much. Could hardly get in a poor Wigan side.

Comment

More than any other CB we have, other than shittu. I think we need to sign a powerful CB like a poor mans Chris Samba, suits the perm down to a ground. All top sides have one. Vidic, Terry, carragher, Johnson, king, distin etc. It is essential.

Comment

I always said I felt he was a decent Prem defender, but never looked the part at this level. Pleased he's playing well, though. Maybe it's because we're playing like a Prem side?
                        Your mum would love me...

Comment

Stop it Benny, he's not allowed to be any good remember that!

Comment

I have a lot of confidence in pretty much most of our players, always liked Ephraim and Hall, i'm just HOPEFUL Rowan Vine might be able to return to his best too
                            Under Les Ferdinand:
                            Luke Freeman, top assists in the league: 4million
                            Alex Smithies, great goalie for this club: 3,5million
                            Charlie Austin, 19 Premier League goals: 4million
                            Jack Robinson: Contract ran out, left for free
                            And many more mistakes

LES FERDINAND, IT'S TIME TO GO

Comment

Remember......QPR is a SQUAD team and all have been suburb

Comment

Working...
                              X