Prem XI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nodge70 View Post
    Everyone said that none of Blackpool's side were good enough for the Prem. Look at them now. Sure, they may still go down but they've already got 33 points. More than we had the year we were relegated.

Ian Evatt - did anyone honestly see Evatt being a regular PL starter and managing to shut out the likes of Torres and Defoe? I thought he was a clumsy cumbersome player who had the turning circle of the QE2 and the speed of a reversing milk float.

Same with DJ Campbell, Brett Ormerod and Charlie Adam - bombed out of Glasgow Rangers, now on the wish list of 2 of the biggest clubs in Europe.

No doubt there will be 3 or 4 players who wouldn't make the grade if we get to the PL, but let's wait and see and give them a chance.

Remember players like Bruma are entirely untested and very much flavour of the month. No guarantees at all.
    Nodge, if Blackpool go down then they wern't good enough lol.
    They seek him here.................

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet pimple View Post
      Nodge, if Blackpool go down then they wern't good enough lol.
      I think what Nodge is saying that a few individuals who could have so easily be written off this time last year are good enough just let down by team mates who aren't good enough (or might not be good enough).

I agree with Goddard that we should hold off on debates like this until promotion is secured. A) It stops us looking like idiots if we don't get promoted and B) We should have learnt by now not to write people off before they've even kicked a ball ("Derry's not good enough for a team with promotion aspirations etc etc")

Comment

connolly is that player who on paper because he came from arsenal has the potential but sadly has never gone past that mark of being "potentially a great player" and we've had him what 3 years now?
        Soldier: "im on reconnaissance sir.. im looking for our camouflage expert.. have you seen him?"
        Lovejoy: "No?!"
        Soldier: "GOD DAMNIT THAT GUYS GOOD!"

Please Follow My Twitter

Comment

Goddard - Won't get slaughtered by me couldn't agree with you more. This team deserve every bit of praise and credit which is due for finally giving us our Rangers back. May i just add before anybody writes any of our players off, a lot of people wrote off the likes of Derry and Hill before they had even kicked a ball for us and also questions were asked of Kenny after all of two games !!! Surely there is something to be learnt in that alone. C'mon U R's nearly there now !!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Goddard View Post
            Yes I know that, I've speculated myself about players coming in. Everyone will.
            It wasn't aimed at your post, or anyones in particular. You didn't write off any of the current players.

The problem is... when we are still going for the finish line, players who are currently in the team deserve a bit more than stick on a mb at this moment in time. And I don't neccessarily mean THIS thread.
            But it will happen more and more, as the summer goes on.

People are 100% entitled to post what they like about this team, or an individual player... like you say, it's a message board, and that's what they're for.
            But by the same token, people are also entitled to give an alternative point of view. A reply. And that's all I've done.

I'm really proud of this team, and at this moment in time (there's that line again!) I think they deserve a bit more. That's all I'm saying.
            ...and then u might get a reply on your reply

Comment

Originally posted by swede View Post
              ...and then u might get a reply on your reply

Quite right too.

ETC.....

Final Version - Hope you like it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d1z0UQ0eqRM

Follow Me On Twitter: http://twitter.com/#!/QPRGoddard

Comment

Were all proud of what the team are and have achieved, also keith Curl who has responsability for organising the defence has done a brilliant job considering the what he has to work with.
                They seek him here.................

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet pimple View Post
                  Were all proud of what the team are and have achieved, also keith Curl who has responsability for organising the defence has done a brilliant job considering the what he has to work with.
                  Agree about Curle.

Not had enough credit for his role. The players seem to like him too.
                  Like Kenny Jackett under Holloway.
                  Final Version - Hope you like it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d1z0UQ0eqRM

Follow Me On Twitter: http://twitter.com/#!/QPRGoddard

Comment

Working...
                  X