X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eight More Games

And we'll be champs, thanks, hull

cheers, qpr forever, never surrender

i cant wait to see the trophy held aloft...........not ashamed to say i get all bleary eyed just thinking about it!!!!
    you know nothing john snow!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by factamondo View Post
      i cant wait to see the trophy held aloft...........not ashamed to say i get all bleary eyed just thinking about it!!!!
      talk about ashamed, I fell off the bloody wagon, my doctor's gonna kill me..

Comment

this will be the year that you'll tell your grandkids about.
        and we'll kick the **** out of arsenal next season. We're ****ing back.

Comment

It's weird... I went to 80% of our games when we won div2 in 82/83 but I don't remember having soooo much anticipation as now?? S'pose it must be way that footy's (especially the prem) has moved on and the chasm in terms of £money that exists between divisions now and also the saturation coverage the prem gets in papers /telly.

Comment

Originally posted by PedalR View Post
            It's weird... I went to 80% of our games when we won div2 in 82/83 but I don't remember having soooo much anticipation as now?? S'pose it must be way that footy's (especially the prem) has moved on and the chasm in terms of £money that exists between divisions now and also the saturation coverage the prem gets in papers /telly.
            yeah, back then teams like forest, derby, ipswich could win the second and shoot up the table in the first, unfortunately those days are gone, teams like Hull and Leicester can hang around for two months, then collapse again.
            Also the fact that the last team in the premiership gets 30 million for going down means that once you make it, you can get back again, ala west brom and newcastle, could you imagine our squad if we spent 30 mill on players?
            We have to compete with arabs, russians and americans and chinese, it wasn't that way in 82, I was in london in 82, bought a scarf for 99p. Good old Venables. Our manager went to Barca and took england to the semis, our bloody manager, can you imagine an englishman from forest given the job by Barca now?

Comment

I hope we reach at least 82 points by the time we meet Cardiff.
              QPR fan since1987

@yousef_qpr

Comment

Originally posted by PedalR View Post
                I think what makes it so different now is what the club has been through since getting relegated from the Prem -- let's face it, it's not hat many years since we faced extinction, and we were nearly left out of the fixture list for the following season. It's not that long since we were reliant on bucket collections, sponsored walks and fans dipping into their own pockets to buy and pay players.

Knowing all that makes this so, so special, because we were so close to not having a club at all.
                Faurlin is my hero!!! Love him!!! #########

Comment

Originally posted by factamondo View Post
                  Stop it, stop it, you brought a big lump to my throat and nearly made me choke on my toffee!
                  Seriously, I've been close to tears before and after the last few games, and already know I will weep uncontrollably when mathematical promotion is our and the Championship and the presenting of the trophy -- tears in my eyes just thinking about it.
                  Faurlin is my hero!!! Love him!!! #########

Comment

Originally posted by Yousef View Post
                    I hope we reach at least 82 points by the time we meet Cardiff.
                    Should be there after the next 2 games. Sheff U and Scunny.

Comment

Working...
                    X