Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why holding this year's FA Cup semis at Wembley adds inconvenience to yet more injury

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why holding this year's FA Cup semis at Wembley adds inconvenience to yet more injury

Here’s something that everyone knows: football fans have an unending supply of money. Here’s something else everyone knows: Football fans don’t care how much inconvenience they’re put through, just so long as they’re able to watch their team play. Want more? Okay. They don’t care how many hours of their free time is used up in the pursuit of 90 minutes’ of football. They don’t care how many traffic jams they’re forced to endure, how many expensive train tickets they’re asked to buy, how unr...

More...

Good piece, but something we already know, it ain't gonna change in a while I'm afraid.
    I was at our semi v West Brom at Highbury in 82, would it have better at wembley? No I don't think so, the celebration at Highbury not only of winning but knowing you were now going to be playing in the Wembley FA cup final made it all the more better, for the players they were now to realise their dream of walking out at Wembley. (I think the same would be said by anyone from any team who remembers semis before they switched to wembley)
    Can't be said of the semis nowadays surely.
    Queens Park Rangers
    NPower Champions 2010/2011

PREMIER LEAGUE 2011 - ETERNITY (Oh well got that wrong, we'll be back though)

Comment

Originally posted by 80sCasual View Post
      Good piece, but something we already know, it ain't gonna change in a while I'm afraid.
      I was at our semi v West Brom at Highbury in 82, would it have better at wembley? No I don't think so, the celebration at Highbury not only of winning but knowing you were now going to be playing in the Wembley FA cup final made it all the more better, for the players they were now to realise their dream of walking out at Wembley. (I think the same would be said by anyone from any team who remembers semis before they switched to wembley)
      Can't be said of the semis nowadays surely.
      Spot on mate. I was behind the goal at that game and when we won, all the chants of Wembely were fantastic even the players joined in with us...cant do that now.

Comment

Working...
      X