Chelsea to White City

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

From a corporate view point it makes perfect sense

especially now QPR are about to restablish in the premiership and have money for investment available

new stadium on white city with joint ownership and groundshare between qpr and chelsea makes very good sense

unless of course you are a qpr or chelsea fan,
    its New Era number 8 i tell thee, bring on the fireworks

Comment

Originally posted by PeterG View Post

especially now QPR are about to restablish in the premiership and have money for investment available

new stadium on white city with joint ownership and groundshare between qpr and chelsea makes very good sense

So what sort of capacity do you think Chelsea would be looking at 50-60000??~?

We would come nowhere near filling SB as it is.

Comment

Originally posted by The White City General View Post
        The irony is 90% of Chelsea fans nowadays won't realise what an issue this is.
        100%

We've never been anything to them.

Problems will be our end, not theirs. Aside from the heritage aspect.

Comment

Originally posted by JudoRanger View Post
          surely this wont be allowed.

there is a rule that protects clubs from other clubs moving into their area. leyton orient used it when opposing west hams bid to move to the olympic stadium.
          hopefully we can do the same if it ever arises.
          Is this the same West Ham who have been awarded the OS by the OPLC and been given Premier League approval to move?

Comment

Originally posted by The White City General View Post
            So what sort of capacity do you think Chelsea would be looking at 50-60000??~?

We would come nowhere near filling SB as it is.
            Groundshare with them would be a joke.

Would be so many empty seats it would be unbelieveable.
            Now, Then, Forever
            [CENTER]QPR-Football League CHAMPIONS

Comment

Originally posted by PeterG View Post

EXACTLY! But we know how much/little the board think of us fans

Comment

I wonder if our owners have considered buying Stamford Bridge if Chelsea move?

Comment

let me see, 18,000 qpr, plus 25,000 fulham when they get relegated, plus 35,000 west ham, plus 6,000 leyton orient.........no problem

Comment

Bob Hope

Comment

i would think chelsea would be looking at 60k plus capacity

if we were to groundshare there would be an awful lot of empty seats at least for the first few years but succesfull teams bring in the crowds and anyone buying into qpr now will have long term plans for the team and the brand. all emotion aside I think that Queens Park Rangers can be made a more attractive brand proposition than Chelsea both in the west london home counties catchment and also (especially ) abroad

ask george graham when he was Arsenal manager if he thought Arsenal could sell 60k regularly and he would have told you that was madness, same with Man U even in the early days of Fergie

the ability to move into a 60k plus stadium without really moving location and with only half the costs (or even less) for a new stadium build and half running costs is going to be an attractive proposition
                      its New Era number 8 i tell thee, bring on the fireworks

Comment

Actually we are moving to Wales for obvious reasons,we will get much
                        less punishment for disciplinary issues and the Welsh fa wll overule the
                        English fa and will withdraw all charges relating to the Faurlin fiasco:

Comment

We get to have a pop at Chelsea's plastic fans on a regular basis.

I'm up for it!!.

Comment

Working...
                          X