Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• QPR set to escape with fine over Faurlin saga

http://www.fulhamchronicle.co.uk/lon...2029-28359740/

QPR are headed towards a slap-on-the-wrists fine from the FA – after Chronicle sport learned the club is confident only one of seven transfer irregularity charges is likely to be proved.

The big fear is the game’s governors will deduct points from the Championship leaders and leave promotion hopes in tatters – but last night there was even greater belief in the Rangers camp they won’t pay the ultimate price.

It is understood QPR chiefs will hold their hands up over the FA registration of Peppino Tirri – the agent involved when midfielder Alejandro Faurlin was signed in the summer of 2009.

Among other alleged offences, Rangers are charged with using an ‘unauthorised agent’, while chairman Gianni Paladini and the club are also charged with submitting false information in documents lodged with the FA when Faurlin signed an extension to his playing contract last October.

The club is confident any so called ‘false information’ charges will be dismissed, but are worried Tirri may have been registered only as a Fifa agent and not on the FA approved list at the time the Argentine player was signed from Instituto de Cordoba two years ago.

An FA spokesman refused to reveal when the 54-year-old Italian was finally admitted to the FA register – but tellingly admitted all ‘Fifa agents have to be registered with the FA as an overseas agent’.

The spokesman added: "This is a sensitive issue and there’s not much more that can be said at the moment.

"The date of the QPR hearing has yet to be confirmed."

Good stuff!

Comment

Sounds good but as mentioned before the F.A. are a strange bunch so I wouldn't read too much into this.

Here's hoping though.

Comment

"Ain't no stopping us now - we're going up !!!"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DY0tsKCB4lc

Comment

All still speculation given the panel hasn't even been convened and it has almost unfettered discretion over the penalty. They can still go any way they like. That said, I think this sound about right from the little we do know.

Made me smile that the FA spokesman confirms the hearing hasn't been scheduled yet. Clearly some on here need to get in touch and put him straight since they maintain they know better.:drunk:

Comment

Sadly, this is not 'good stuff' at all. It is extremely illadvised for unidentified club sources to be briefing the media 'off the record'. It smacks of arrogance giving the impression that we think we are in the clear when a date hasn't even been set for the hearing yet. I wish they would all keep quiet and act a bit more professionally. Then we might get away with the fine.

Comment

Originally posted by stanley75 View Post
              All still speculation given the panel hasn't even been convened and it has almost unfettered discretion over the penalty. They can still go any way they like. That said, I think this sound about right from the little we do know.

Made me smile that the FA spokesman confirms the hearing hasn't been scheduled yet. Clearly some on here need to get in touch and put him straight since they maintain they know better.:drunk:
              That can't be right??? Jeffers and Nodge said we will have an outcome yesterday????

Comment

Originally posted by JeanD View Post
                Sadly, this is not 'good stuff' at all. It is extremely illadvised for unidentified club sources to be briefing the media 'off the record'. It smacks of arrogance giving the impression that we think we are in the clear when a date hasn't even been set for the hearing yet. I wish they would all keep quiet and act a bit more professionally. Then we might get away with the fine.
                I know what you're saying,but least they're talking about a fine and not points,that's all I care about.

Comment

nice to have a bit of an update on it anyway. I pray that no points are taken - as i would be absoloutely distraught, and i know others would too. We deserve to go up, and it would be a travesty for a points deduction to stop it happening

Comment

Originally posted by JeanD View Post
                    Have to disagree, any strand of positive news has to be a good thing - 'No smoke without fire' kind of thing. I'm sure there will be negotiations going on behind the scenes between the legal teams way before any hearing.

Please, only positive thoughts from now on

You R's !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Balders1967 View Post
                      Have to disagree, any strand of positive news has to be a good thing - 'No smoke without fire' kind of thing. I'm sure there will be negotiations going on behind the scenes between the legal teams way before any hearing.

Please, only positive thoughts from now on

You R's !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                      That!

Comment

The other day the talk was the F.A. wanted to resolve it ASAP so as not to affect the play off dates, the fact a hearing date has not even been set yet can only be a good thing in my eyes. Let the season wind down, slap on the wrist & on we go.

I HOPE

Comment

The FA could not realistically set a hearing date until they receive our response to the charges, which has to be in 14 days from the 9th. It's in our interests to take all of that time. Then the FA will need a little time to digest the response before fixing the date. My guess is a fair amount of prep will be required of the panel members before the hearing so that may be a couple of weeks later. The verdict may not come out on the day either.

The newspaper report looks like standard PR. Admitting to a charge which has nil consequence or a slap on the wrist, whilst contesting all the others tells you nothing. Anyone really encouraged by that is being a tiny bit gullible.
                          Last edited by Loftladder; 18-03-2011, 01:36 PM.

Comment

Getttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt in!!!!!!!!

#QPRJunglists #QPRPartybusmassive @epn1882chalet QPR - JUNGLE - DnB - Westside Hounslow

Comment

Means nothing.
                              Until the verdict is announced, it's all guesswork, speculation, and a touch of spin.

The club don't give the verdict, the local papers don't either... The FA do.
                              Final Version - Hope you like it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d1z0UQ0eqRM

Follow Me On Twitter: http://twitter.com/#!/QPRGoddard

Comment

Working...
                              X