• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BuzsakyIsGod View Post
    Isn't tribalfootball a load of balls?
    Fair point!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Jeffro View Post
      My thoughts exactly SirLes..
      Shirt sales alone would hit thousands...
      Club Kudos, Marketing, Sponsorhip... Right up Berni's street.
      Good friends with him too, anything can happen here to be honest.

Comment

Originally posted by qpr View Post
        We could get better and younger players for his wages but that's just my opinion ... plus Routs is class
        I am sure that is right, but I think the players would love to have him at the club.
        twitter @silvercue

soundcloud

Comment

Originally posted by SirLes View Post
          More ambitious than signing the biggest icon in world football? Who did you have in mind?
          Charlie Austin?
          :drunk:

Comment

Originally posted by kingy10 View Post
            Charlie Austin?
            Banging them in at burnley is he???
            http://twitter.com/Mellowhoop

Comment

Originally posted by kingy10 View Post
              Charlie Austin?
              If we go to the prem i think it would be a bridge to far for austin

Comment

Originally posted by Nodge70 View Post
                All done through image rights. Would not be an issue, I suspect. Certainly not half as much as sticking DB in Lotto branded gear would be.
                Not wishing to rain on the image rights parade, but when playing for UTD and Madrid it is relevant as they are the 2 biggest global brands in world football and sell hundreds of thousands of shirts, many of which would have adorned his name. In LA they love an icon and he was as big as US football could get, so again generates stupid marketing potential....

Then there's QPR, exactly how many shirt sales, beckham pens, calendars etc etc do you think we'd sell, when we don't even fill the stadium on a regular basis.

Unless having him here were to generate further investment from Beckham mad business men, then image rights with us would only cover a few months wages at best i would imagine, probably not even close to that in reality.

That said, there is no chance this will ever happen!

Comment

Take your point, Del. I still think that DB is a global icon and even people who don't follow Rangers would still buy stuff.

Comment

Beckham transcends whoever he is playing for. Don't you think Gulf Air or whoever cough up a little more when they see Beckham rolled into their shirts?

He is truly Global. He could sign for Brentford and their merch would still sell in Seoul.

Comment

LA Galaxy, who the hell heard of them before Becks joined them??? Now look how many shirts they have in ENGLISH sports shop! Sex sells and so does Beckham!
                      CHAMPIONS
                      Ainsworth is a Legend http://twitter.com/#!/ChrisHermitage Has scored at Loftus Road

Comment

Originally posted by hermitage10 View Post
                        LA Galaxy, who the hell heard of them before Becks joined them??? Now look how many shirts they have in ENGLISH sports shop! Sex sells and so does Beckham!
                        what sort of ar**hole would wear a galaxy shirt, yesterdays man, for gawd sake we can do better than Beckham
                        I must away now, I can no longer tarry
                        This morning's tempest I have to cross
                        I must be guided without a stumble
                        Into the arms I love the most

Comment

Never happen - we'd stuff up the registration!

Comment

Originally posted by lymehoop View Post
                            what sort of ar**hole would wear a galaxy shirt, yesterdays man, for gawd sake we can do better than Beckham
                            we seriously couldnt.
                            his experience and football and behavioural skills would be invaluable to players like adel and routledge etc, and he would bring any star player we would want to buy who before might of thought they were too good or big for us here as well.
                            also we would sell a million qpr shirts worldwide and start a whole new fanbase all voer the world which = kerrching (hence why there is more chance of hell freezing over than him ever joing rangers)

Comment

Originally posted by G.T.P View Post
                              we seriously couldnt.
                              his experience and football and behavioural skills would be invaluable to players like adel and routledge etc, and he would bring any star player we would want to buy who before might of thought they were too good or big for us here as well.
                              also we would sell a million qpr shirts worldwide and start a whole new fanbase all voer the world which = kerrching (hence why there is more chance of hell freezing over than him ever joing rangers)

Waht Gal said!!

Comment

Working...
                              X