Already 14,000 season tickets sold.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Already 14,000 season tickets sold.

Brighton that is. As of end of last week. (Not bad eh?)
    Just remembered on driving up to Saturdays game Talk Sport were interviewing Someone to do with their new Falmer Stadium. Apparantly it will hold 22,500 people.

Posted this here as I thought it was QPR related due to selling of season tickets Pre promotion.
    Queens Park Rangers
    NPower Champions 2010/2011

PREMIER LEAGUE 2011 - ETERNITY (Oh well got that wrong, we'll be back though)

My stepson got his recently. He got invited, presumably along with all the other existing ST holders to view the ground and choose which seat he would like. They have done some pretty good things down there to be fair to them. I just wonder how long it will be before they start getting accused much like us, of buying success.
    The numbers for this season will of course be slightly distorted due to the fact that it's been so long since they've had their own ground. Even his grandparents have bought a couple for next season.

Comment

Have you seen their new ground? Looks impressive!

Comment

I work for Amex the ground's sponsor. I was offered a chance to buy up to 4 season tickets before they went on general sale. Fair play and good luck to them though...

Comment

Presume local planners insisted it didn't blight the views and hence they've built it in a hole in the ground. Does look nice though but I worry about drainage if pitch is gonna be beneath natural ground level (Though I'm sure the experts have accounted for that).
          Just realised it'll be funny if them and Palarse pass each other going up and down and fail to rekindle their dormant rivalry (though not sure you can count an argumewnt between a wet lettuce and a soggy paper bag as a rivalry really... more of a tiff?)

Comment

Just one thing, and i think it's quite a big one, there doesn't seem to be any seats, there's gonna be some cold wet arses in there next winter.
            I suppose it explains why they have sold so many season tickets though, i've heard of cutbacks to lower the cost of ST's for fans but this is ridiculous.
            Queens Park Rangers

Comment

Impresive...like the pics of the seagull !!

Comment

Its a fantastic looking stadium, very innovative, the architects deserve a lot of credit for getting it right.

Comment

not a patch on Loftus Rd
                  Football played the Charlie Ferris way

Comment

Originally posted by superhoop67 View Post
                    not a patch on Loftus Rd
                    No.

Nowhere near as awful as our stadium.

Comment

Originally posted by The White City General View Post
                      Its a fantastic looking stadium, very innovative, the architects deserve a lot of credit for getting it right.
                      Bloody well should be though for £90m.

Comment

Originally posted by brightonr View Post
                        Bloody well should be though for £90m.
                        Loose change for us.
                        Queens Park Rangers

Comment

The roofs wonky behind the goal.

Comment

Originally posted by EYR View Post
                            The roofs wonky behind the goal.
                            Probably help them shoot straight, fans wouldn't notice it anyway aren't they all bent in Brighton?
                            Queens Park Rangers

Comment

Another "Just add water" ground, like Reading, coventry, Derby.. boring.

Comment

Working...
                              X