Doogie Freedman!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Doogie Freedman!

ive read so many quotes from saturday from this man and he comes across as a proper gent.
    admitted it was a stonewall penalty and said we were by far the better side and we have premership players. waht a gent being so gracious in defeat, how many other managers have not been after we have beaten them this year.
    heres to doogie, all the best man, hope you keep your club up i really do.

Crystal Palace manager Dougie Freedman felt referee Martin Atkinson was right to send off Paddy McCarthy at QPR.

McCarthy saw red after fouling Adel Taarabt to give QPR a penalty and that proved to be the winning goal as Heidar Helguson tucked it away for 2-1. James Vaughan had earlier cancelled out Helguson's opener for the Hoops.

Freedman said: "We've no complaints at all. Unfortunately, Paddy gave the referee an opportunity to give a penalty and to send him off.

"Of course that was a turning point, especially in what was a close game that I thought was going to the wire.

"We had to defend for our lives in the first 40 minutes, but I felt once we got the goal it gave us a boost and we could have gone on from there.

"QPR are top of the league and are a very good side with Premier League players, but we gave them a run for their money.

"My players didn't complain. They never do. We dust ourselves down and go again, and we showed that again.

"We've been playing like that for four or five weeks. We never give in, and that's the encouraging thing for me."

Thought danns looked very good, poss the only one of their team who might get in our's, plus clyne.

Certainly not that old woman speroni.
    They seek him here.................

Comment

I'd have Clyne like in a heartbeat. Would slot in to our side perfectly.

No-one else. Ambrose and Speroni didn't look any better, or equal, to what we have now.

Claude Davis was the only other one to spark a little bit of interest when he came on. Big, fast, powerful.

Comment

I noticed this from Freedman yesterday.
        He is one of the rare gents in football.

Dougie Freedman, now the Palace manager, was in the squad at Loftus Road when the club were in the top flight.

“I would like to see QPR go up for the club’s sake,” said the Scot, who failed to make the first team in his time at Rangers. “They were in the Premiership then and the fans have always stuck by them. I hope they do it for that reason.

“They have really good, top quality players — that is why they are top of the league. They know when to put pressure on, when to take slow free kicks, when to take quick corners, that is the difference."

Fair play to him.
        I wish him well.
        Final Version - Hope you like it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d1z0UQ0eqRM

Follow Me On Twitter: http://twitter.com/#!/QPRGoddard

Comment

Originally posted by Goddard View Post
          I noticed this from Freedman yesterday.
          He is one of the rare gents in football.

Dougie Freedman, now the Palace manager, was in the squad at Loftus Road when the club were in the top flight.

“I would like to see QPR go up for the club’s sake,” said the Scot, who failed to make the first team in his time at Rangers. “They were in the Premiership then and the fans have always stuck by them. I hope they do it for that reason.

“They have really good, top quality players — that is why they are top of the league. They know when to put pressure on, when to take slow free kicks, when to take quick corners, that is the difference."

Fair play to him.
          I wish him well.

Good luck Dougie, pity you have such twahts for fans.
          They seek him here.................

Comment

Yes read that too . Palarse dont deserve him

Comment

Claude Davis nodge?? are you having a laff.bloke is utter muck. palace fans would love shot of him. hes been sent off few times this year and been responsible for half of their pens......id go as far as saying id prefer............Bob malcom
              http://twitter.com/Mellowhoop

Comment

doogie on late kick off, loads of talk about our deduction and action about us as well.

Comment

Interesting to listen to.
                  Wonder, on the basis of what was said, how many clubs are nervously awaiting the outcome of our hearing?
                  Sounds like there might be a lot of similar "third party" situations around.
                  Sat on the fence when commenting on our situation, I felt.
                  Faurlin is my hero!!! Love him!!! #########

Comment

was a bit scary when brighty was going on about it in detail wasnt it. (doogie is my new fave man in football, he loves us)

old dave from a kick up the r's aint changed one little bit since i remember buying my first ever copy off him all them years ago. aint aged one bit and the hairs always been exactly that length and style.

Comment

Dave is a legend!!!
                      It gives me a real kick when I see people I know on the telly.
                      Faurlin is my hero!!! Love him!!! #########

Comment

Originally posted by G.T.P View Post
                        was a bit scary when brighty was going on about it in detail wasnt it. (doogie is my new fave man in football, he loves us)

old dave from a kick up the r's aint changed one little bit since i remember buying my first ever copy off him all them years ago. aint aged one bit and the hairs always been exactly that length and style.

Except I remember him when his hair was black,not strawberry blonde like last night.Agree Dougie is a true gent and one of the few nice people in football today.

Comment

How refreshing to see and hear a manager talk sensibly, sure I heard him say that we outplayed them but they just dug in. Also nice to hear him openly back us in the Battle of Faurlin and was even nicer hearing NW talk about it too, saying he was very happy with what he has been told but he can't talk about it ! Surely that is a message to the Fans to say 'look I cant say anything but all will be hunky dory'.

Comment

here, its well worth watching the first ten minutes. love the old boy who looks like he could be from any era of qpr in the footage as well.

Comment

Originally posted by G.T.P View Post
                              all the best man, hope you keep your club up i really do."[/b]
                              He has always been a nice guy and although it is looking unlikely, nothing would make me happier seeing those tramps getting relegated when we are being promoted.

Comment

Working...
                              X