Well, Swansea have given up on us...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well, Swansea have given up on us...

Angel Rangel admits catching runaway leaders QPR now appears unlikely, but has called on Swansea to ride through their current rough spell and secure the second automatic promotion spot.

Right-back Rangel was part of the Swans side who went down 2-1 at Derby on Saturday, leaving City with just one point from a possible nine.

Similar struggles for promotion rivals Cardiff, Norwich, Nottingham Forest and Leeds mean Swans' position has not been hugely threatened, although the R's have moved 10 points clear at the top with nine games remaining.

"We were all gutted and the changing room was very, very sad (after the Derby defeat)," Rangel told City's official website. "But we said before the game that if we win it wouldn't get us promoted and if we lost we wouldn't be out of the play-offs.

"Our aim a few weeks ago was to catch QPR, but they are now 10 points ahead with nine games to go. It's not impossible but we have to be realistic and get enough points to get into the top two. Once we get a win everything will change."

Sensible lad.
    Final Version - Hope you like it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d1z0UQ0eqRM

Follow Me On Twitter: http://twitter.com/#!/QPRGoddard

Lovely knowing psychologically we are battering all supposed threats.

Rat race for 2nd as we go about our business.

Comment

Angel Rangel.

Sounds like a Mexican cartoon character.

"Los Continouso Adventurious si Angel Rangel la Gatti - Inkispinky, Chris Waddle"

Comment

Angel Rangel...

Sounds like something Mutley would say to **** Dastardly.

Final Version - Hope you like it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d1z0UQ0eqRM

Follow Me On Twitter: http://twitter.com/#!/QPRGoddard

Comment

Originally posted by Ric-Roc View Post
          Lovely knowing psychologically we are battering all supposed threats.

Rat race for 2nd as we go about our business.
          With our lead reduced to 7pts and the possibility of a 3pt deduction as a few are now saying, lets not get too complacent.

Comment

I'm looking at the gap to 3rd place which is still 10 points and +20 GD

Comment

Originally posted by acricketer View Post
              I'm looking at the gap to 3rd place which is still 10 points and +20 GD
              Yeah, the autos are definitely looking good. Norwich are still within reach of top spot though.

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley76 View Post
                Norwich are still within reach of top spot though.
                You have very little faith. They have won 20 points with last minute goals, that won't happen every game.

Comment

With a 10 pt gap we have to wait until the 5th last game, (Derby H) and see what happens from there.

With a 10 pt gap we have to wait until the 4th last game, (Cardiff A) and see what happens from there.

Comment

Originally posted by Ric-Roc View Post
                    You have very little faith. They have won 20 points with last minute goals, that won't happen every game.
                    I got every faith mate. Personally I think its a question of whether we finish 1st or 2nd. Just saying lets get too carried away just yet, as far as finishing top goes, especially with this 3pt cloud still hanging over us (as some respected posters here are saying).

Comment

I got every faith mate. Personally I think its a question of whether we finish 1st or 2nd. Just saying lets get too carried away just yet, as far as finishing top goes, especially with this 3pt cloud still hanging over us (as some respected posters here are saying).
                      I hear what your saying. Personally I'd LOVE to win the title obviously, BUT if it turned out we finished 2nd I would still have a massive sex wee for the simple fact we're going up.

I think we've done enough for at least 2nd. Performances are good.

Comment

It is as if a every time manager gives it large about them gunning for QPR, they fall flat on their faces and guess what Lambert said when being interviewed after the game last night. He should have learn't from Billy Davis and his comments when they had two games in hand and were playing us, Rodgers after Swansea beat Leeds 3-0 and that ****** from Cardiff who has been banging on all season how they will catch us as we aint all that.

Comment

If QPR are 1/33 to win the league, what odds are Norwich to finish top, might be worth a cheeky bulls eye.

Comment

Originally posted by paulmason View Post
                            Billy Davis and his comments when they had two games in hand and were playing us
                            With Burnley in good form and 2 games in hand its looking very ominous now for Forest to even make the play-offs. And Davies will blame his board as usual.

Comment

[QUOTE=paulmason;553199]It is as if a every time manager gives it large about them gunning for QPR, they fall flat on their faces and guess what Lambert said when being interviewed after the game last night. He should have learn't from Billy Davis and his comments when they had two games in hand and were playing us, Rodgers after Swansea beat Leeds 3-0 and that ****** from Cardiff who has been banging on all season how they will catch us as we aint all that.[/QUOTE]

To be fair Paul, Jon Parkin has been out injured.

Comment

Working...
                              X