A key question to consider….

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A key question to consider….

When deciding whether we should/would be deducted points? Did the saga give us an advantage over the other teams in the championship? Going into administration, a club is deducted points because the players on the pitch were paid for (wages etc.) by a club that couldn’t sustain them e.g. Portsmouth. That gives an unfair advantage because other teams pay for players within their financial constraints. Is Faurlin’s anyone else’s player? No. Unless I’m completely misreading the situation, we’ve not been honest about some bits of the financial aspects of the transfer and who is getting what. It’s dishonest at worst or just stupid but I can’t see how a points deduction can be justified. A fine, yes but nothing more.

Lets hope the FA see it that way. Me, i fear the worst

Comment

I hope you are right. All this speculation will probably drive us all insane. The best we can do is be patient, hope for the best and get behind the team.

Comment

I had a nightmare last night that we were deducted 18 points suspended until next season,meaning that we made it to the premier league but started on minus 18 points.but then again i also dreamt that the entire royal family were kidnapped by somalian pirates leaving Phil Vickery as the only heir to the throne,so i wouldnt read too much into my theory

Comment

Originally posted by uxbridgeranger View Post
          I had a nightmare last night that we were deducted 18 points suspended until next season,meaning that we made it to the premier league
          That is one of the better outcomes to be honest as we will get all the financial rewards, including parachute paments, associated with Premier League membership.

Being deducted points this season will be the fear as we will be shafted and people and potential backers will walk.
          twitter @silvercue

soundcloud

Comment

The FA declared him eligible so surely no points deduction imo. But 7 charges seems strange for 1 transfer

Comment

Originally posted by James1979 View Post
              When deciding whether we should/would be deducted points? Did the saga give us an advantage over the other teams in the championship? Going into administration, a club is deducted points because the players on the pitch were paid for (wages etc.) by a club that couldn’t sustain them e.g. Portsmouth. That gives an unfair advantage because other teams pay for players within their financial constraints. Is Faurlin’s anyone else’s player? No. Unless I’m completely misreading the situation, we’ve not been honest about some bits of the financial aspects of the transfer and who is getting what. It’s dishonest at worst or just stupid but I can’t see how a points deduction can be justified. A fine, yes but nothing more.

This is how I look upon it as well!! A fine must be enough.
              QPR
              Best team in the world
              Sort of

Comment

Working...
              X