Players Positions on Saturday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Players Positions on Saturday

After watching the difference in the first 70 minutes v Ipswich and then the last 20 minutes, just an observation about the players positions on Saturday.

Why play Adel up front.
    He rarely looks comfortable and plays well there, but on the left, he scores loads and makes loads of goals.

Why play Wayne on the left.
    The only time he was on the right on Saturday, he skinned a defender and slammed the ball in the side netting.

Why play Buzz on the right
    When we have a fit Wayne Routledge who is on fire.

Why play Ishmael Miller on the wing
    I hope when he plays, he plays on the shoulder of the last defender, as Saturday proved how big, quick and strong he is and is wasted on the wing.

Roll on tomorrow night where another 3pts will be chalked off.

Tomorrows Treble
    Millwall v QPR - (Away win)
    Palace v Cardiff - (Home win)
    Swansea v Watford - (Tempted to say away win, but will be a Draw)
    Last edited by paulmason; 07-03-2011, 10:10 PM.

Think Routledge was there to do a job on Naughton - which he did very well IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by paulmason View Post
      After watching the difference in the first 70 minutes v Ipswich and then the last 20 minutes, just an observation about the players positions on Saturday.

Why play Adel up front.
      He rarely looks comfortable and plays well there, but on the left, he scores loads and makes loads of goals.

Why play Wayne on the left.
      The only time he was on the right on Saturday, he skinned a defender and slammed the ball in the side netting.

Buzz on the right
      When we have a fit Wayne Routledge who is on fire.

Ishmael Miller
      I hope when he plays, he plays on the shoulder of the last defender, as Saturday proved how big, quick and strong he is and is wasted on the wing.

Roll on tomorrow night where another 3pts will be chalked off.

Tomorrows Treble
      Millwall v QPR - (Away win)
      Palace v Cardiff - (Home win)
      Swansea v Watford - (Tempted to say away win, but will be a Draw)
      Some valid points Paul, though I think Miller may once again be used as an impact sub, but saying that HH prob needs a rest..

Comment

Originally posted by Nik29 View Post
        Think Routledge was there to do a job on Naughton - which he did very well IMO.
        spot on

Comment

"Why play Wayne on the left.
          The only time he was on the right on Saturday, he skinned a defender and slammed the ball in the side netting"

Was it not from the left where WR played through Miller for our winner.

Comment

Originally posted by Ric-Roc View Post
            The only time he was on the right on Saturday, he skinned a defender and slammed the ball in the side netting"

Correct Riccy baby.. great ball it was to, and he set up HH at Boro from left.

Comment

In the words of our very own resident nut nut

FACTAMONDO!!

Comment

Originally posted by Ric-Roc View Post

I knew somone would say that, he also put a lovely ball in for HH's 2nd at Boro (with his right foot). But if that is justification (poor really as we were not as effective down the right) for Wayne to play on the left, what about the ball Adel played for Wayne's goal v Coventry and Adel's tricks and flicks all season when he has picked the ball up on the left, mugged someone, cut in and scored a wonder goal or made one for someone else.

This would actually be a good statistic for a 'statto' to work out if they can be bothered, as i think Adel's contribution from the left is massive, compared to anywhere else.
                Last edited by paulmason; 07-03-2011, 01:01 PM.

Comment

How about they just carry on swapping during the game then Paul, which is what currently happenss.
                  Gives defender's a different player to think about and both players are dangerous whatever side ( Adel vs Cardiff etc)

Comment

Originally posted by Jeffro View Post
                    How about they just carry on swapping during the game then Paul, which is what currently happenss.
                    Gives defender's a different player to think about and both players are dangerous whatever side ( Adel vs Cardiff etc)
                    Jeffro, I dont care what they do as long as we get 3pts, but the perfect example of how effective we can be on the attack was seen in the last 20 minutes v Ipswich, when they were not swapping every couple of minutes. We had shape, balance, width and people playing in the favored positions and we murdered them. Compare that with the previous 70 minutes when the were swapping all the time and I dont think we had a shot at goal. Yes you could say Miller did not have a good game, but what was he doing on the wing anyway.
                    Last edited by paulmason; 07-03-2011, 01:05 PM.

Comment

I agree to an extent that Routledge should stay right as he cant use his left foot, but let Adel wander.,

MAny times on Sat, Adel was far left next to Routs by the paddocks!!

Comment

We went 4-4-2 for the first time at home this season 2nd half, and I don't think it did us any favours at all. Agree I'm not sure why we should be worrying about an opposing full back in a home game, but of course in Warnock we trust and we got the result.

Comment

some fair points but agree with jeffro on balance - it is the fact that our attacking midfield can play anywhere - and frequently do - that make them so difficult to pick up. Why stick to a rigid formation to make it easier for the other team to mark?

Comment

ps: think we also have to get out of the habit of criticising Warno's tactics and respect that he knows better than us. So many times this season I've sat there thinking "why hasn't he done x or y?" but ultimately the results speak for themselves. On Saturday my brother was doing his nut because he said Warno had left it "too late" to bring on a sub. When Miller came on he shouted "what's the point now, he should have been on 20 minutes ago." And yes you could argue he was right, up until the point Miller stuck the ball away. Lets just leave all the grown up stuff to Neil.

Comment

I think with the results weve had and position we're in that NW knows what he's doing. Let him carry on Paulo.

Comment

Working...
                              X