No announcement yet.

"No New Stadium Whilst I'm Manager" Says NW

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The guy doing the stadium tour Saturday mentioned that the Ellerslie Stand could be extended fairly easily and suggested that this is a real possibility. He also said that plans were already drawn up with regards to a museum at the back of the Loft.
    I blew a lot on vodka and tonic, gambling and fags. Looking back, I think I overdid it on the tonic. - The one and only Stanley Bowles

Comment

Originally posted by Cambs Hoops View Post
      The guy doing the stadium tour Saturday mentioned that the Ellerslie Stand could be extended fairly easily and suggested that this is a real possibility. He also said that plans were already drawn up with regards to a museum at the back of the Loft.
      Not without costing an absolute fortune. Purchasing the entire row of housing would be just the start. Most have been converted into flats, each costing around £200k - There's £15m for starters without even putting any foundations in.

Would love to see the plans for it.

Comment

Without expanding or move to a bigger stadium, this club will just stagnate then.
        Last edited by Scarlet pimple; 07-03-2011, 12:15 PM.
        They seek him here.................

Comment

Originally posted by Cambs Hoops View Post
          Were you on the 1100 tour?

David

Comment

Originally posted by Nodge70 View Post
            Not without costing an absolute fortune. Purchasing the entire row of housing would be just the start. Most have been converted into flats, each costing around £200k - There's £15m for starters without even putting any foundations in.

Would love to see the plans for it.

We can't extend backwards only upwards so I don't see why we would need to purchase any housing.

David

Comment

Originally posted by davidla80 View Post
              We can't extend backwards only upwards so I don't see why we would need to purchase any housing.

David
              And how much bigger would that make Loftus Road's capacity then?It can't add more than 4-5,000 seats. That would mean a maximum capacity of about 23,000

If QPR win promotion, they will need a much bigger capacity then Loftus Road will ever realistically hold and 23,000 will not be suitable to fund a premiership club that wants to be anything more than a perenial struggler. QPR could easily find themselves doing a Portsmouth who also have a small outdated stadium.

QPR could easily have sold more than 20,000 for the Leicester game if the seats provided a reasonable view. Just imagine how many tickets QPR could sell as a top 10 Prem side against Arsenal, Chelsea, Spurs, West Ham, Man U or Liverpool etc. For starters these clubs would sell out the away end and buy many in the other stands too, just as they did last time QPR were in the Prem League.

Comment

Originally posted by davidla80 View Post

David
                Eh? Even if H&S legislation would allow such a steep structure (they wouldn't), where would you put the foundations, drainage, water supply etc and supports for the prefab terracing, not to mention the additional exits and entrances for another 3k seats?

Plus the cost of any extension for such a small level of extra capacity renders the whole thing economically unviable, even if somehow you could crowbar in some corporate hospitality areas. We missed the boat with the School End.

In fact, the Ellerslie in it's current form, wouldn't even get a safety certificate if it was being built today.
                Last edited by Guest; 07-03-2011, 02:29 PM.

Comment

I always thought it was a given that ER was a no goer.

I thought the only way to get the increase (before moving) was to expand the Loft and SAR

Comment

I'm not saying it will get done or even that it's a good idea, just that the tour guide on Saturday said we could extend the ER stand upwards not backwards.
                    You'd have to ask him about the whys, whens and hows

David

Comment

Rumour ive heard from Steve Wicks is that they are looking at another tier
                      on SA rd and possibly Elerslie as well.....

Comment

Gotta do something. Heard Harry Redknapp interview recently where he said Spuds simply could not compete with top 4/5 on crowds of 36K.
                        Same logic will apply to us - we won't be able to compete with likes of West Ham, Wolves, Bolton, Fulham etc on crowds of 18K; it's just not sustainable.
                        Plus, I'd like to endure in the prem and aspire to much more than finishing 17th every year (which seems to be sum total of many clubs' ambition).
                        I cannot see how any redevelopment of LR could possibly achieve more than a few thousand additional seats and it'd take years to overcome the inevitable residents' opposition every inch of the way.

Comment

We need a new bigger stadium......end of.
                          On the same lines as LR but bigger obviously.
                          In west london if poss or a40 corridor.
                          They seek him here.................

Comment

Originally posted by Hoopla73 View Post
                            In the post match interview, NW made a comment which implied a decision having been made for Rangers to remain at Loftus Road rather than build a new stadium.

This might be part of Bernie's decision to sell up?

What are the options for redeveloping part(s) of Loftus Road, as capacity clearly isnt enough to support the team (we can't continue to have 10m pound plus losses)?

Does anyone know what the breakeven crowd would be, based on our current wage structure? According to the accounts, matchday revenue was only 2.5m last year, or around 110,000 to 130,000 per year, out of total turnover of 14m pounds. It's striking that ticket revenue is less than a third of total revenue. Do those figures add up, as they imply that the meagre average ticket price is less than 15 pounds per game?

If we sold out every game for a season 18,000 x 20 pounds per ticket,= 360,000 per match x 20 premier league games = 7.2m revenue. Gates of 25,000 would raise 10m revenue per season.
                            Well based on those figures it should take about 10 years to pay our new stadium off. Oh yeah I forgot that probably doesn't account for the time value of money, inflation etc....oh and don't forget the interest rates on loans we would probably take out to build the bloody thing in the first place. Lets hope in that time we never get relegated with our new stadia otherwise crowds will fall and these lengths of time will further increase thats if we don't go bust. We may raise a couple of quid of the land of LR but I tell you now we won't be building a new stadium in Central London for anything under £100 million.

Is that extra £10 million a year in revenue starting to sound like a **** in the ocean now

Comment

Working...
                            X