"No New Stadium Whilst I'm Manager" Says NW

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "No New Stadium Whilst I'm Manager" Says NW

Good interview with NW on the BBC website.

BBC, Sport, BBC Sport, bbc.co.uk, world, uk, international, foreign, british, online, service

well a stadium will take a few years to build

Comment

does it mention that lady di opened c club in that interview?

Comment

Great interview!

Comment

NW on Loftus Road

In the post match interview, NW made a comment which implied a decision having been made for Rangers to remain at Loftus Road rather than build a new stadium.

This might be part of Bernie's decision to sell up?

What are the options for redeveloping part(s) of Loftus Road, as capacity clearly isnt enough to support the team (we can't continue to have 10m pound plus losses)?

Does anyone know what the breakeven crowd would be, based on our current wage structure? According to the accounts, matchday revenue was only 2.5m last year, or around 110,000 to 130,000 per year, out of total turnover of 14m pounds. It's striking that ticket revenue is less than a third of total revenue. Do those figures add up, as they imply that the meagre average ticket price is less than 15 pounds per game?

If we sold out every game for a season 18,000 x 20 pounds per ticket,= 360,000 per match x 20 premier league games = 7.2m revenue. Gates of 25,000 would raise 10m revenue per season.

Comment

I'm glad we're keeping Loftus Road for now.. the place is special in comparison to some of the horrible soulless grounds like Coventry there are now.

Comment

Bernie can't get his hands on the land so hes given up and selling us on?

Comment

Originally posted by EYR View Post
                Bernie can't get his hands on the land so hes given up and selling us on?
                More or less the size of it.

Comment

great to hear neil really enjoying himself as our manager and loving the fans , so lets carry on getting behind the team for final 11 games. u'rrrrrs

Comment

Originally posted by Nodge70 View Post
                    More or less the size of it.
                    Nodge the land can't be worth that much mate, now if he had plans to redevelop the BBC and that has fallen through that different.
                    Kept the faith!

Comment

I thought all the legal stuff was well and truely dusted well before Bernie and Falbio arrived; there was an covenant on it to state it has to be used for the community and it couldn't be removed.

Not sure why Bernie would want us for the land if there had already been detailed work done to remove the restrictions which came to nothing

?

Comment

Personally I think we should share the Olympic stadium with West Ham.

Comment

Originally posted by waterbuffalo View Post
                          Personally I think we should share the Olympic stadium with West Ham.
                          What about buying Upton Park?

Comment

Originally posted by SheepRanger View Post
                            What about buying Upton Park?

no, Stadio Olimpico De Londres, that should be the home of QPR,
                            that way we can attract uruguayans and argentinians and italians who are used to playing in front of huge empty spaces.

Comment

Originally posted by californiahoop View Post
                              Nodge the land can't be worth that much mate, now if he had plans to redevelop the BBC and that has fallen through that different.
                              LR is/was just a parcel of land that's not worth BE's time and investment if it can't be tied in with the bigger piece of land.

Comment

Working...
                              X