Sign of a good team

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sign of a good team

A lot of the time, we win games but I dont actually think we play very well. Leicester to me looked the betetr side for most of the game and played the better football, but I alwys have the confidence we will end up winning! No idea how we keep playing "not so well" but keep pulling off loads of cleen sheets and wins! Signs of a good team, and genius from Warnock!

Why does everyone keep saying we didn't play well yesterday, I thought it was far from a poor performance. I thought we upped our game in the second half and IMO shaded it over all. I'm amazed that when we play a tight match and grind out a result it gets refered to as a poor performance, they are the best perfomances.

Comment

We didnt play well last night. But do remember that all the teams now want a result against us.
      Anyway, from the start, I would have liked us to use more width in our play ! We play it to narrow for my liking. It could be due to the absence of Tommy Smith, but I would have wanted Tarrrabt to pass a bit more when their is space and players available out wide.
      Have to say Taraabt and Routledge etc appernetly was not 100 percent up for it due to illness. Still they had a good game IMO.

Kenny, Shittu and Faurlin were gods, in my eyes.
      Last edited by Shania; 06-03-2011, 12:35 PM.
      QPR
      Best team in the world
      Sort of

Comment

Originally posted by The White City General View Post
        Why does everyone keep saying we didn't play well yesterday, I thought it was far from a poor performance. I thought we upped our game in the second half and IMO shaded it over all. I'm amazed that when we play a tight match and grind out a result it gets refered to as a poor performance, they are the best perfomances.

Our passing game is a bit staccato up front! Thats all.

I think we are capable to play so much better, if especially Taraabt uses his vision and pass more often.
        Make no mistake, he IS a great player BUT.
        sometimes a bit frustrating to watch.

My view only.
        QPR
        Best team in the world
        Sort of

Comment

Agreed. IMO their chances came from mistakes by Connolly.. We showed yesterday what we've shown the whole season Quality and a magic team spirit.

Comment

Originally posted by W12hoops View Post
            Agreed. IMO their chances came from mistakes by Connolly.. We showed yesterday what we've shown the whole season Quality and a magic team spirit.
            I totally underestimated how good Leicester are, had Sven been there at the start of the season they'd probably be occupying one of the automatic places at present.

Comment

I totally underestimated how good Leicester are, had Sven been there at the start of the season they'd probably be occupying one of the automatic places at present.
              Nah top 6

Comment

Originally posted by Dando View Post
                A lot of the time, we win games but I dont actually think we play very well. Leicester to me looked the betetr side for most of the game and played the better football, but I alwys have the confidence we will end up winning! No idea how we keep playing "not so well" but keep pulling off loads of cleen sheets and wins! Signs of a good team, and genius from Warnock!
                I think discipline and substitutions have a lot to do with it. Oh, and Lord Kenny of the Goalposts.:pleasantsuprise:

Comment

Originally posted by Shania View Post
                  We didnt play well last night. But do remember that all the teams now want a result against us.
                  Anyway, from the start, I would have liked us to use more width in our play ! We play it to narrow for my liking. It could be due to the absence of Tommy Smith, but I would have wanted Tarrrabt to pass a bit more when their is space and players available out wide.
                  Have to say Taraabt and Routledge etc appernetly was not 100 percent up for it due to illness. Still they had a good game IMO.

Kenny, Shittu and Faurlin were gods, in my eyes.
                  Can I be a god in your eyes, too?

Comment

It's a results-based game and there are no points awarded for artistic merit or how much possession you have. I think we have a solid game-plan that works 95% of the time. I'm not a master tactician but it's noticeable that we score a lot of goals late on in games - I suspect that NW is happy to let the opposition have bags of possession in harmless areas and just tire themselves out. Conversely, we always seem to have bags of energy in the latter stages and are thus able to capitalise. Leicester probably had some players that were more "eye catching" than likes of Hill, Derry or Faurlin but as I say, sometimes less is more and just one of Derry's interceptions is far more important than some fancy-Dan jinking around with ball for 5 minutes and achieving not much at all.

Comment

Working...
                    X