Just Back

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just Back

Just got home from a great day at the home of football. From todays viewing, Leicester are a VERY good side. They domiated us for large periods in the game, were very classy and looked strong in all areas of the pitch. They brought a good following (3000) and the atmosphere was very good overall.

Kenny - What a man. Kept us in the game, and I have no doubt that he can help us stay up in the premiership. Top class performance from a top class player. Was winding up the leicester fans aswell.
    Orr - Decent performance, did nothing particularly wrong but did nothing outstanding. Did what was needed quite well.
    Sh*ttu - Coped with Yakubu very well, a great signing by Warnock.
    Hall - Did well until he went off injured, its a shame because he's been playing really well.
    Hill - Did quite well, same as Orr really.
    Derry - Very good performance, made some great interventions. Performance of a leader.
    Faurlin - Class above, second half he outshone adel with the tricks and his passing range is mad. Great performance.
    Buzsaky - Decent performance, looks sharp and could be a key man this season.
    Taarabt - Kicked around the pitch but ok performance, just had one of them days.
    Routedge - Played well defensively, didnt have much chance of skinning naughton though.
    Helguson - Well done to him, played well as a lone striker and won headers.

Subs

Connolly - Absolute mare. Worst performance I've ever seen from him. Almost cost us three times, if it wasnt for kenny they would have counted.
    Miller - I was shouting for him to be put on on 70 minutes, what a beast. Made a great impact, that goal has just put us 8 points clear.

Not the best performance but we got a result. We are now 8 points clear and its ours to lose. I've got two moans though. One, dont groan and give abuse to Taarabt. On 55 minutes, he tried to get past his man but failed, people were groaning smashing on the walls shouting 'pass it you greedy c*nt' dont be a pr*ck all your lifes you d*ckheads. We needed to try something, just because it failed you dont groan. Also, if you left at 85 minutes (like i saw about 20 people do at 85 minutes) im glad you missed the goal. Im not surprised people left early, there was an 18k crowd, 2k of those dont come regularly. 5k of them werent there when we were doing poor last season. When we're not playing well you leave early? Good, you deserve to miss out on a great feeling. Im delighted, very good day.

Onwards and upwards

good post, think kenny is our player of the season so far.

Comment

Warnock said "It was a cracking goal. I've never enjoyed myself so much in my career in football." and it perfectly describes the celebrations to that goal, everyone was hugging strangers, on seats and falling over rows. Thats what football is all about.

Comment

Agree with pretty much all that Del.

Routledge wasn't in the game enough 1st half, Naughton played him well. But 2nd half he came into it more, culminating with a great pass to Miller and we know what happened next.

In general, I though the crowd was very good. Fairp lay to QU block, they sung constantly for first 30 mins of both halves unitl nerves got the better of everyone.
        But the atmosphere after we scored was electric, up there with PlayOffs v Oldham post Furlong's goal. No rush for the exit after the final whistle near me, everyone seemed happy to stay behind, cheer, sing, hug each other and appluad the players off the pitch.

Same again next Saturday please.

Comment

Originally posted by DelTrotter View Post
          Just got home from a great day at the home of football. From todays viewing, Leicester are a VERY good side. They domiated us for large periods in the game, were very classy and looked strong in all areas of the pitch. They brought a good following (3000) and the atmosphere was very good overall.

Kenny - What a man. Kept us in the game, and I have no doubt that he can help us stay up in the premiership. Top class performance from a top class player. Was winding up the leicester fans aswell.
          Orr - Decent performance, did nothing particularly wrong but did nothing outstanding. Did what was needed quite well.
          Sh*ttu - Coped with Yakubu very well, a great signing by Warnock.
          Hall - Did well until he went off injured, its a shame because he's been playing really well.
          Hill - Did quite well, same as Orr really.
          Derry - Very good performance, made some great interventions. Performance of a leader.
          Faurlin - Class above, second half he outshone adel with the tricks and his passing range is mad. Great performance.
          Buzsaky - Decent performance, looks sharp and could be a key man this season.
          Taarabt - Kicked around the pitch but ok performance, just had one of them days.
          Routedge - Played well defensively, didnt have much chance of skinning naughton though.
          Helguson - Well done to him, played well as a lone striker and won headers.

Subs

Connolly - Absolute mare. Worst performance I've ever seen from him. Almost cost us three times, if it wasnt for kenny they would have counted.
          Miller - I was shouting for him to be put on on 70 minutes, what a beast. Made a great impact, that goal has just put us 8 points clear.

Not the best performance but we got a result. We are now 8 points clear and its ours to lose. I've got two moans though. One, dont groan and give abuse to Taarabt. On 55 minutes, he tried to get past his man but failed, people were groaning smashing on the walls shouting 'pass it you greedy c*nt' dont be a pr*ck all your lifes you d*ckheads. We needed to try something, just because it failed you dont groan. Also, if you left at 85 minutes (like i saw about 20 people do at 85 minutes) im glad you missed the goal. Im not surprised people left early, there was an 18k crowd, 2k of those dont come regularly. 5k of them werent there when we were doing poor last season. When we're not playing well you leave early? Good, you deserve to miss out on a great feeling. Im delighted, very good day.

Onwards and upwards

Agree with all except Buz - not good enough, play Adel in the "free role" instead and Tommy or Ishmael as winger.

Comment

Working...
          X