Support/atmosphere at home games.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Support/atmosphere at home games.

It was interesting to read a thread earlier in the week with regards to our support specifically the noise levels at home games.

I attended Portmsouth vs Scunthorpe on tuesday night as I had bugger all to do and they are my local league team (Free ticket to boot) and the atmosphere from the Portsmouth fans for 90 mins was unreal. Constant singing and vocal backing for the team, in what was essentially a meaningless game for them as their season is going knowwhere.

My point is that we as a club should be able to produce that if mid table teams can. Many opposition fans have commented on our fans being the quietest they have or should I say haven't heard, and when you heard the noise levels at other grounds its obvious what they mean. Apart from sporodic chanting from P,R and Q blocks all we normally get is 5 mins of chanting after we score at home. I can put this down to the following factors.

1 The majority of our supporters are in a state of shock at our current position and react with stunned silence at home games. Come on how many of us really expected us to be top at this stage?

2 Nerves perhaps its down to nerves for the same reason.

3 People are still pissed off at ticket prices understandable considering ours are amongst the highest in the division. perhaps the average working class singing fan has been priced out of coming to Loftuis Road as it is too expensive and instead replaced by richer fans who don't have as much passion.

4 We need a **** with a bell like Portmsouth have LOL.

The atmosphe at the moment pales to insignificance compared to noise levels at LR during the Div 2 promotion and even playoff final season. What everyone elses take on this?

you know nothing john snow!!!!

Comment

if we had come with a mad late run to put ourselfs within touching distance then the atmosphere would have risen due to our late burst-the problem is due to nerves that have been there since the start of the season and the fact that we've been top since. after previous letdowns etc we have become sceptical in many ways-too many to mention now(we all know.). if we go up early doors then you'll see a party.
      PRIDE OF LONDON.

Comment

Shydom ? shy-syndrome.
        :shy:

Comment

people knock our support because we're top.

Comment

Nothing to do wiv nerves coz I sing fine its either lazyness or not being bothered

Comment

If you're happy and you know it clap your hands.

No seriously, what better reason than being top do you need to get behind the team, it ain't difficult is it.
              Queens Park Rangers
              NPower Champions 2010/2011

PREMIER LEAGUE 2011 - ETERNITY (Oh well got that wrong, we'll be back though)

Comment

Originally posted by 80sCasual View Post
                If you're happy and you know it clap your hands.

No seriously, what better reason than being top do you need to get behind the team, it ain't difficult is it.
                What he said.

Comment

Working...
                X