Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Your Feelings To Returning and New Fans?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your Feelings To Returning and New Fans?

With the sell outs inevitable for the home games for this season, what is your feelings towards fans who are just pitching up?

I am fairly split, because the club did shaft many fans when they went about spliiting friends and families when increasing the cost significantly on the seats they had filled for many years. What does interest me is the amount of last 5-6 match ticket bundles that have been sold at full price whack without battering an eyelid.

I am a great believe in market forces and as recent results show, its an entertainment business and fans can declare their underlying love for the club, but it comes down to value for money. Who is going to pay good money to watch a struggling team and being bored of watching your team lose?

Already, I suspect a number of fans are waiting in the wings to buy a season ticket for next season, with the prospect of seeing better calibre games. if anyone thinks I am having a pop at fans I am not. My partner is exactly the same, she had a a season ticket with me in 2002, but tells me she would love to come back to more games next season. I'd say thats an opinion that many supporters share.

For me its more the merrier and great to see the club potentially back in the big time with a great following, as this will be needed next season. I would have a problem if fans that have followed the club are priced out next season or had someone take a season ticket off them, by getting in first.
    ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
    THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Much prefer sell outs to 13-14000 each game
    CHAMPIONS
    Ainsworth is a Legend http://twitter.com/#!/ChrisHermitage Has scored at Loftus Road

Comment

We do this every season, and hear the same type of post from you, mate.

It is what it is. That's life. If you have't got the money, you won't leave yourself short for a love that seems to drain the life out of you. When times are good on the pitch, it's far easier to part with money you cannot afford to lose, as you feel you're getting rewarded for it.

Me...If I've not got the dough, I won't go. No matter who we're playing, and which league we're in. If I am flush, then I'll be there. Leeds away on a Tuesday night for a 0-0. Barnsley away on a Wednesday to watch us lose. The game and performance isn't the be all. of course, it helps, but I go as I love football. I love QPR, and I enjoy the trips with my pals. Me and my youngest brother go whenever we have the cash. I'm sure many fans are the same.
      Your mum would love me...

Comment

Can't really argue with any of that Pete. I'm definitely a supporter of the "more the merrier" argument. I don't really care if the person sitting next to me has been to 1 game or 100 as long as they're qpr. But yes, I hope those that have been this season and the ones before get some sort of discount for their support and are able to keep their seats for next season.

Comment

Bennyboy r's

if you read what I said.

You'd find we pretty much agree.

Think you must have skipped a few words on what I wrote.
          ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
          THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Comment

I agree with Benny's point and not so much with Pete on this one.
            I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Originally posted by qblockpete View Post
              Bennyboy r's

if you read what I said.

You'd find we pretty much agree.

Think you must have skipped a few words on what I wrote.
              I don't think I have mis-read at all. I'm not having a dig, just saying my piece. You've asked a question, and I've answered it.

I also made an observation that you have asked very similar things during the course of the last 4 or 5 seasons. The answer never changes, Pete.

I can guarantee that the majority of clubs are the same. Would Manure sell out every week if they had our trophy history, and shared the same fortunes as our last 15 seasons? I sincerely doubt it.
              Your mum would love me...

Comment

Rather have it full than empty.. I'm not so crazy about a load of somalians getting free tickets though, so hopefully the sell outs are due to paying fans who have a real love for Qpr rather than handouts..

Once again proves IMO we could fill out a bigger stadium week in weeknout in the premiership..
                Cant believe it, ive been PWOPER MUGGED ORF...

Comment

Number one priority for the club is letting existing season ticket holders have a reasonable period to renew them before putting them on general sale and hopefully get some form of extra financial benefit for stumping up in in advance for years

Sorry if that sounds harsh

Comment

Originally posted by qblockpete View Post
                    Wat is your feelings towards fans who are just pitching up.
                    Welcome back........ glory hunter.

Comment

I get the right hump when it takes forever to take a leak and get a pie at half time, forever to get out after final whistle and even worse, queues to get in. Much prefered it when I could just bowl up, get a drink and some grub, sit down, watch, go for a half time break and then leave the ground without doing the old shoe shuffle! Miserable sod me - but then the atmos is no better when it's full, in fact lots more pressure on the players and all that.

At least, as we stand, our ground isn't big enough for a load of plastics - just a load of whatever you call em's that got bored and stayed away?

I will sit smugly in the knowledge that I have barely missed a game throughout the misery and came out of it the other side with my kids converted to the bleed blue and white hoops brigade.
                      #standuptocancer
                      #inyourfacecancer

Comment

Same at every club,when your doing poorly people find other things to do on saturday.When your 6 wins away from the premier league everybody wants to be a part of it. Just how football is.

Comment

All I got to say to returning fans is don't start moaning about the restricted views and expensive ticket prices because that is what you'll be faced with because us loyal supporters have all the best seats.

Comment

How can I complain? I AM a glory hunter.
                            So are many on here, and most wont admit it.

I started properly following QPR in 1972/73, and I wouldn't have done if we were sh*t back then.
                            As it happens we were a top division team, on the rise, and the best in London.

I would suggest that many of our current fans mainly support QPR because of how good we were in the "Golden Age" between 1967 and 1995.

If we had been as good as say, Brentford between those years, many current QPR fans would be Spurs, West Ham, Arsenal etc... fans now.

Just being honest, like.
                            Final Version - Hope you like it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d1z0UQ0eqRM

Follow Me On Twitter: http://twitter.com/#!/QPRGoddard

Comment

Originally posted by Goddard View Post
                              How can I complain? I AM a glory hunter.
                              So are many on here, and most wont admit it.

I started properly following QPR in 1972/73, and I wouldn't have done if we were sh*t back then.
                              As it happens we were a top division team, on the rise, and the best in London.

I would suggest that many of our current fans mainly support QPR because of how good we were in the "Golden Age" between 1967 and 1995.

If we had been as good as say, Brentford between those years, many current QPR fans would be Spurs, West Ham, Arsenal etc... fans now.

Just being honest, like.
                              Speak for yourself I support my local team, passed down through the generations of QPR supporters in family.

Comment

Working...
                              X