Lee Cook setback

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lee Cook setback

More problems with his knees according to Dave Mc.

Shame if it's another long layoff but I doubt anyone would be that shocked.

If true, there will be an Insurance payout in the near future when he retires, which would be a shame.

Comment

Looking that way, lovely guy by all accounts and was a rare glimmer of class for us during some pretty dark days but no club can afford to keep paying someone presumably pretty substantial wages when he is not able to kick a ball.

Comment

Pretty sure it won't be long before someone nicknames him Lee Crock. :pleasantsuprise:

Comment

Real shame for him. Hate to say it but I think his career could be coming to an end.

Comment

Still, its nice that the club paid back that money he let us off when he left for Foolham. Looking at the accounts, we kind of need it as much as we did then! Great decision to give another sick note a lot of money - who signed him back? How good was that medical. That decision was made on a sentimental basis; face it, Cookie was shot when we sold him to Fulham and will never recover. Thanks for the memories and for those gloves you always wore, but your time is up.

Comment

A real shame.
              In his first spell for us after when we officially signed him he was top drawer, a real special player and i got to admit, him leaving for Fulham probably hurt me more than any other player leaving that i can recall. I remember Sir Les going to Newcastle but even though i was gutted i kind of thought he deserved the big move, Spunky going to Arsenal p issed me off because he was pushing for a move for ages and i resented him for it whilst Sinton moving was always going to happen imo. Big Dan going was a big blow because we were a poor side and needed him but Cookie eventually leaving was like a bird you really liked packing you in, it hurt.
              I sat next to him at Stamford Bridge in the FA cup game a few years back.
              Top man. Top Player.
              One of us

Comment

Originally posted by Bigdave View Post
                A real shame.
                In his first spell for us after when we officially signed him he was top drawer, a real special player and i got to admit, him leaving for Fulham probably hurt me more than any other player leaving that i can recall. I remember Sir Les going to Newcastle but even though i was gutted i kind of thought he deserved the big move, Spunky going to Arsenal p issed me off because he was pushing for a move for ages and i resented him for it whilst Sinton moving was always going to happen imo. Big Dan going was a big blow because we were a poor side and needed him but Cookie eventually leaving was like a bird you really liked packing you in, it hurt.
                I sat next to him at Stamford Bridge in the FA cup game a few years back.
                Top man. Top Player.
                One of us
                just for the one act of giving his signing on fee to rangers when we were in dire financial straits, he will always be held in the highest esteem
                I must away now, I can no longer tarry
                This morning's tempest I have to cross
                I must be guided without a stumble
                Into the arms I love the most

Comment

Originally posted by stainrodisalegend View Post
                  Looking that way, lovely guy by all accounts and was a rare glimmer of class for us during some pretty dark days but no club can afford to keep paying someone presumably pretty substantial wages when he is not able to kick a ball.
                  QPR are in debt to him though!...If ever a player deserved a club to stick by them it's Lee Cook and QPR!!

Comment

he was quality , that season when Dex and him were playing out of their skin. I always remember a Leicester Game, we were 2 0 down at half time and we won 3 2, Cook scored a blinding diving header to win it. He was a good rangers player and supporter.

Comment

Some is a bit harsh on here. Setback doesn't mean crippled. He was and probably still is a cut above many of the rest and many we have had and will have so that plus his love of the club should cut him some slack. Fitness was never a big part of his game (commitment yes) so he can get it back. I would love to see him strut out in the 17 again.

Comment

Originally posted by stanley75 View Post
                        Some is a bit harsh on here. Setback doesn't mean crippled. He was and probably still is a cut above many of the rest and many we have had and will have so that plus his love of the club should cut him some slack. Fitness was never a big part of his game (commitment yes) so he can get it back. I would love to see him strut out in the 17 again.
                        Lets just hope it's a setback and not something more serious, Warnock said it's swelling of the knee which doesn't sound too bad.

Comment

Well I hope promotion gets all tied up and that he and Rowlands can play some part against Leeds. That would be a good gesture by the club.

Comment

Harsh maybe, but the signs are not good. Knees are the bread and bones (!) of footballers and, whilst they can get over one bout of serious knee trouble, recurring injury will simply not go away; that is why it is called recurring(!).

He will always be associated with my favourite time in recent years being an R (Olly's re-build of the team from the depths of Chris Wrong's interference) and deserved his move to Fulham on the back of his form. But, sentiment goes right out of the window - he is getting a pretty wedge I'd imagine for doing nowt but employing our medical team and whoever gave him the new contract should be asked the question: 'WHY did you give him the new contract?' and whoever did the medical (was there one????) should be asked questions too.

Comment

well at least he's still fit in PC land...

Comment

Working...
                              X