No announcement yet.

QPR in takeover talks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

On the glass half-full side, this could be where we attain the ownership buy-in which enables the serious investment required for a premiership team.

Amit has stated previously that the Premiership requires big money and they are prepared to spend. If this is the case, hopefully it is the Mittalls.
    What worries me slightly is the due diligence as I would not have expected that for an internal sale.

Comment

then

if only we can keep neil warnock,thats really all i care about,if this de stableizes the club and neil gets upset,then i shall cry.
      as long as we can keep our fantastic governor,then nothing else matters but if neil leaves us then our club will soon die
      well thats my thoughts and they come from my heart
      butv if we lose ol big edds adopted son it will rip me apart
      so what i say to you neil if you are reading this
      stay with us for ever,as only you can do the biz
      Click here to view my blog.

More...

Comment

" A source said: "They're very serious and have the funds to back them in the Prem. "

Sounds perfect to me.
        IF Flavio and Bernie were to go I would thank them a lot for the good they did for this club, i'd quite like to see Flavio, Bernie and the Mittals still have something to do for this club even if they are little shares
        Under Les Ferdinand:
        Luke Freeman, top assists in the league: 4million
        Alex Smithies, great goalie for this club: 3,5million
        Charlie Austin, 19 Premier League goals: 4million
        Jack Robinson: Contract ran out, left for free
        And many more mistakes

LES FERDINAND, IT'S TIME TO GO

Comment

Wasn't it not too many moons ago that there was a rumour of setting up a QPR 'feeder' team in The U.S. to try & corner the ever growing U.S. soccer market?

With The Mittals taking care of India, it would only make sense to bring in U.S. backing to corner The U.S. market.

Football (soccer) is the fastest growing sport in North America & it also seems to be very popular in Inida as well - SO would make perfect marketing sense to capture both those markets to secure any long term success.

On a side note; after doing a Google search I found a post from early January on a FM 2011 forum:

i just started fm 2011 with qpr and won promotion to PL thru a playoff.. then a consortium decides to takeover and now it has given me a transfer budget of 40mil just to avoid relegation...!!! is this normal or am i one of the lucky ones????
          Art immitates life? :drunk:
          Minds Are Like Parachutes.
          Work Best When Open...
          @Nowt2SeeHere

Comment

Originally posted by Youvebeenrangered View Post
            I think there is truth in this.. Bernie lost alot of money to his ex wife.. If the club gos up as others have said the club will be worth more.. Perfect time for bernie to sell, he doesn't want to lose anymore which he certainly would if we go up cos he will have to spend more to keep us up.

Perfect time for him to go if we go up, he's not interested anymore. I expect the only reason he took more shares a while back was so when we got to this stage of the season and with the club seemingly now more valuable he would would have more to sell..
            Agreed........Plus the fact he is 81 years old this year & wont go on forever

Comment

Originally posted by HammersmithR View Post
              There must be something in this story.

Nothing is straight forward at Rangers.

Why would Bernie and the Mittals want to sell when hopefully we're soon gonna be in the Prem???
              Erm, because that is the point that they are GUARANTEED to get their money back and make a handsome profit without any more outlay?

You need to stop thinking like a fan and start thinking like the business men our owners are. Bernie certainly didn't get involved for his love of QPR or football (how could he like football and be a fan of the Russian's team???) and the Mittals appear resistant to increasing their 20% share for reasons that only they will know.

As with all things QPR, time will tell and there is little point worrying until we hear bad news - POTENTIAL take over by POTENTIALLY bad (or good(!)) people is the current state of this news story...

Comment

Originally posted by Artful View Post
                Agreed........Plus the fact he is 81 years old this year & wont go on forever
                nearly all billionaires live forever. hes got another 25 years in him id guess.

Comment

To be fair the sun did publish this last year

hardly happened
                  Now, Then, Forever
                  [CENTER]QPR-Football League CHAMPIONS

Comment

There's going to be loads of botox written and speculated about us over the next few months if we go up
                    I blew a lot on vodka and tonic, gambling and fags. Looking back, I think I overdid it on the tonic. - The one and only Stanley Bowles

Comment

Our sponsors are gonna be Microsoft

Comment

Ive been told by a mustard source that the new owners will be Advent International.They are going to turn the club s ground into britains biggest poundland outlet whilst redeveloping the Astro pitches for us.Also expect to see P Risdale being in charge day to day.
                        Chelmsford City the home of Radio

Comment

Most importantly, I wouldn't mind rumping Bernie's daughter, Tamara.

Comment

Originally posted by iheartwegerle View Post
                            Most importantly, I wouldn't mind rumping Bernie's daughter, Tamara.
                            yes, look where it got camp.

Comment

I'm still convinced flavio sold shares to pay a tax bill after the italian authorities impounded his boat for tax irregularities, as if he would do such a thing

Comment

Let's hope someone buys us and pays off the debt. Otherwise, we're ****ing skint!!

Comment

Working...
                                X