Richard Langley On Trial..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Richard Langley On Trial..

Watch live or catch up on all your favourite STV programmes. All the soaps, entertainment and drama you love plus STV Player exclusives and premieres

Aberdeen have handed a trial to former QPR midfielder Richard Langley. The Jamaican international is set to fly in and bid to impress manager Craig Brown.

The Dons manager has been keen to bolster his squad and Langley is one of two free agents who will get a chance to land a deal at Pittodrie.

Langley was most recently with Thai side Pattaya United but spent most of his career in England. The 31 year old has played for Bristol City, Luton Town and Cardiff City as well as two spells at Queens Park Rangers, for whom he made over 150 appearances.

The midfielder has been honoured at international level, earning a dozen caps for Jamaica.

Craig Brown has said that he would also be looking at another option as he aims to strengthen his squad.

"I will look to take in two midfielders on trial next week," he said after his team’s 0-0 draw with Hearts on Saturday..

"One is an experienced foreign international, who has played at a high level in England. I have already seen him in action.

"There will be a chance for me to see him close up and it will also give him the opportunity to have a look at Aberdeen.”

Thought he was back over here trying to be a journo?

Comment

Apparently was on the scrap heap 2 months ago. Would be a very good move for him to come back at that level, signed by an ex International manager.

Personally I would of seen him get back to non league standard only. Good luck to him.

Comment

On seeing the thread title I asked myself "What's he done?"

Comment

He's been at Rangers for a while coaching one of the youth teams. Kevin Gallen is doing a side as well.
          First game: Arsenal vs Queen's Park Rangers at Highbury, Saturday 17th November 1984.

Comment

Looks like a no go. From Eurosport;

Aberdeen manager Craig Brown has revealed a deal for former QPR midfielder Richard Langley is unlikely until the summer.

Jamaica international Langley has trained with the Dons for two days as he looks to return to British football following a spell in Thailand.
            But Brown would have to persuade the Aberdeen board to extend his budget to bring the 31-year-old in immediately.

"He is a very good player," said the Aberdeen manager, whose team face St Johnstone on Wednesday night. "The problem is we're almost at full complement in terms of staff.
            "But Richard knows that even if we can't, for budgetary reasons, give him an offer now, we've seen him and when we're preparing for next season he comes into strong contention.

"You can tell that he is a top-class player. He has fitted in very well to the training routine."

Comment

Working...
            X