Goals for and against.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Goals for and against.

An interesting stat that may have been mentioned before,in which case I apologise.QPR have scored (along with Leeds) the most home goals (35) and let in only 9 away,which is by far the best in the whole country.

Its a great stat. This probably sounds arrogant but I don't even feel that nervous away from home now, I just don't think the other team is good enough to score - in previous seasons with the poss exception of Derby away last season I've felt nervous whenever the other team has crossed the half way line. Every manager we come up against seems to say his team had an off day, we were lucky, we parked the bus, our fullbacks didn't get forward - yadder, yadder, simple truth is they aren't good enough to break us down. Only time we let in a goal now is due to an individual error or a bit of bad luck (eg the deflected Forest goal), I can't remember the last time we were really carved open.

Comment

Originally posted by stainrodisalegend View Post
      Its a great stat. This probably sounds arrogant but I don't even feel that nervous away from home now, I just don't think the other team is good enough to score - in previous seasons with the poss exception of Derby away last season I've felt nervous whenever the other team has crossed the half way line. Every manager we come up against seems to say his team had an off day, we were lucky, we parked the bus, our fullbacks didn't get forward - yadder, yadder, simple truth is they aren't good enough to break us down. Only time we let in a goal now is due to an individual error or a bit of bad luck (eg the deflected Forest goal), I can't remember the last time we were really carved open.

I'm starting to feel the same way SIAL.I'm a born pessimist,but haven't felt like this in a very long time,probably back to the Rodney Marsh days when we won the 3rd Div by 11 clear points from (ironically) Middlesboro,scored well over 100 goals and let in fewer than 30.Happy Days.

Comment

Which ever stats you look at for us this season they look very pleasing
        I blew a lot on vodka and tonic, gambling and fags. Looking back, I think I overdid it on the tonic. - The one and only Stanley Bowles

Comment

Watford ripped us apart SIAL, other than that, you're right, no one team has really brokem down our defence with any great effect.
          2011-2013, 2 seasons in the Premiership, 76 games, 14 wins........two years of my life I'll never get back!!

2013/2014 mediocrity topped off with a win at Wembley....

2014/2015 was pretty much the same as 2011-2013.....

2015/2016, average at best.....

2016/2017, same old, same old....

2017/2018, aim low, avoid disappointment!

Its the hope that kills you!

Comment

Originally posted by Kevster269 View Post
            Watford ripped us apart SIAL, other than that, you're right, no one team has really brokem down our defence with any great effect.
            Thats the only team and will be the only team.
            Opinions are like A******s, everyone has one, but nobody wants to see the other guy's.
            -----------------------------------------------------------------
            https://twitter.com/#!/QPRBOB

Comment

Working...
            X