• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Premiership

If we are being honest with ourselfs, how much do we need to spend to:

A) Just stay up
    B) compete bottom half
    C) be a mid table side.

I mean, im sitting here watching the bottom side West Ham, and they would probably smash us. Is the gulf in difference that much from the championship to the bottom of the prem?

What would the board expect next season, just to stay up by the skin of our teeth, or try to compete around mid table? if it is the latter, our whole squad apart from Adel & Kenny will need replacing. Maybe Faurlin would shine, as he would get more time on the ball to spray passes, but I cant see any other player in our squad being able to do the business for a mid table prem side.

Not trying to sound negative, just be interesting to hear your thoughts.

@chrisrobson9

All 3 teams going up would probably need a complete make over. Otherwise its straight back down. Whoever has the most dosh to spend will survive.

Comment

Robbo, what do you make of what Blackpool have achieved through having:

a) a great manager
      b) a great team spirit
      c) a great work ethic
      d) great belief
      e) playing to a system and sticking to it

Kind of defies your argument a bit, wouldn't you say?

Comment

Well lets think about it. Kenny, Taarabt and Faurlin can get into any team wanting to be mid table IMO. If we're aiming to stay up then smith, routledge and Hall can also be involved. To be bottom half then only Faurlin, Kenny, Taarabt and Routledge can be involved in the starting 11. Obviously we'll have players like Connolly and sh*ttu as squad players. So that means to stay up we'll need 6 starting 11 premiership quality player. To be bottom half we'll need 6 and to be mid table we'll need 8 starting 11 players.

Lets say premiership quality players cost £5 million. So for mid table we'll need £40 million, bottom half we'll need £35million and to stay up we'll need around £20 million. All in my opinion.

Comment

The way they are going stanley, they will prob finish bottom. Of course if we dont spend we will still get a couple of freak results as Blackpool have done, but over the whole season like I think Blackpool will do this year we would go down.
          @chrisrobson9

Comment

If we go up I want us to have a proper go at it. I dont want to come down and say 'what if'. F*ck it, it could be our only season up there for the next ten years. Go up, spend some money and if we come down then nobody can say we havent tried. I dont want us to settle being a yoyo club, either admit you wont spend and nobody will be dissapointed, or get the cheque book out.

Comment

Originally posted by Robsondinho View Post
              The way they are going stanley, they will prob finish bottom. Of course if we dont spend we will still get a couple of freak results as Blackpool have done, but over the whole season like I think Blackpool will do this year we would go down.
              I hear you, but a bit harsh to call them "freak results" wouldn't you say? Theyre in 14th place with 6 clubs below them.

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley76 View Post
                Robbo, what do you make of what Blackpool have achieved through having:

a) a great manager
                b) a great team spirit
                c) a great work ethic
                d) great belief
                e) playing to a system and sticking to it

Kind of defies your argument a bit, wouldn't you say?
                Sorry mate, they are a bit of a one off although I still think they will go down.
                Think about Hull, they did great to begin with but ended up self imploding. If we are to stay up long term, it will require some serious investment
                Now, Then, Forever
                [CENTER]QPR-Football League CHAMPIONS

Comment

Not that many players, but we would need to spend a fair bit on individuals ( For example 7million on a clinical striker )
                  Under Les Ferdinand:
                  Luke Freeman, top assists in the league: 4million
                  Alex Smithies, great goalie for this club: 3,5million
                  Charlie Austin, 19 Premier League goals: 4million
                  Jack Robinson: Contract ran out, left for free
                  And many more mistakes

LES FERDINAND, IT'S TIME TO GO

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley76 View Post
                    I hear you, but a bit harsh to call them "freak results" wouldn't you say? Theyre in 14th place with 6 clubs below them.
                    ive still got them down as dead certs to go down for some reason. i jsut cant see that renegade bravado football keep on working for them. but you never know.

Comment

Originally posted by G.T.P View Post
                      ive still got them down as dead certs to go down for some reason. i jsut cant see that renegade bravado football keep on working for them. but you never know.
                      I agree -- I fear Blackpool will slide between now and the end of the season, and think they may well go down.
                      Shame, really -- it would be nice to think that spirit could go some way towards replacing financial outlay, but it doesn't.
                      Faurlin is my hero!!! Love him!!! #########

Comment

we will be TOP 4 in the EPL. I have said something before the start of the season and some here were laughing at me! I have said that Adel had a plan as the one of Maradona at Napoli. and I said he will take up to the EPL. now after 34 games, thats what happening. ANY TEAM in ANY league has Taarabt will fight for the TOP 4 place. and I will stand by this and you will see again.

Comment

Why start another thread about this.

GTP has already started one!!

Many sensible views on here though.
                          Last edited by Shania; 27-02-2011, 04:22 PM.
                          QPR
                          Best team in the world
                          Sort of

Comment

rocknroll....

Is Adel good enough for a top 4 side maybe, ability wise yes 100% But him alone will not get us to the Euro spots. He will need 10 world class players around him before we start talking about top 4.
                            @chrisrobson9

Comment

some over here overrate too much the EPL. have a belief and faith in the RRRRss we will smatch the ####s up there. dnt forget QPR history and we are talking about a wounded Lion ! prepare for the war and take your sit.

Comment

Working...
                              X