wigan 0 man united 4 (qpr related)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wigan 0 man united 4 (qpr related)

watched that game twice now and wigan were excellent in the first half, and were very unlucky to not go ahead.
    then class shone through and man u went on to smash four past them at their own ground.
    the point im making is that it doesnt even make anyone in football blink anymore though, the top team can win like that and no-one takes hardly any notice, not even the team who got the hammering.
    i think for the first time in my entire time of supporting rangers i wont be screaming my head off and kicking my dog if we get done at home (or away) like wigan did yesterday, the gulf in the top 6 and the rest is so massive since the last time we were in the top flight its the norm.
    if you get a result against any of them then its cloud 9 party time, but losing wont hurt anywhere near like it did when we were last in the top division, or like it has done in any of the other divisions.
    tho losing to any of the teams not in the top 6 will hurt like mad.
    am i talking gibberish or making a bit of sense thinking like this?

Was it not 4-0?
    Your mum would love me...

Comment

sorry typo. could a mod edit the thread title please.
      Last edited by Guest; 27-02-2011, 01:53 PM.

Comment

If Rooney had been sent off like he deserved then Wigan may have hit something out if the game.

If we go up the simple fact is that 50/50s will go against us, there'll be dodgy penalties given against us, nasty challenges will only be yellows for opposition players. That's part and parcel if being a 'small' club in the Premiership.

If we go up and finish 17th I'd be ecstatic.

Comment

Originally posted by Jamie View Post
          If Rooney had been sent off like he deserved then Wigan may have hit something out if the game.

If we go up the simple fact is that 50/50s will go against us, there'll be dodgy penalties given against us, nasty challenges will only be yellows for opposition players. That's part and parcel if being a 'small' club in the Premiership.

If we go up and finish 17th I'd be ecstatic.
          think thats the point im getting at, but havent worded it right.
          if we go up and lose loads but win enough to be one place above going back down again, it wont matter will it. its all about the excitement, the worldwide coverage, the big grounds to visit, the quality of football. the odd mullering is part and parcel of palying agaisnt the best players in the world, and i dont think i woudl ever moan or get the hump, its just brillaint to be there isnt it?

Comment

Last time we were in the prem. quite a few seasons we were a top six team, but money has made that now very hard to acheive for a small club such as our's.
            They seek him here.................

Comment

Originally posted by G.T.P View Post
              watched that game twice now and wigan were excellent in the first half, and were very unlucky to not go ahead.
              then class shone through and man u went on to smash four past them at their own ground.
              the point im making is that it doesnt even make anyone in football blink anymore though, the top team can win like that and no-one takes hardly any notice, not even the team who got the hammering.
              i think for the first time in my entire time of supporting rangers i wont be screaming my head off and kicking my dog if we get done at home (or away) like wigan did yesterday, the gulf in the top 6 and the rest is so massive since the last time we were in the top flight its the norm.
              if you get a result against any of them then its cloud 9 party time, but losing wont hurt anywhere near like it did when we were last in the top division, or like it has done in any of the other divisions.
              We might not get promoted, so let's not think about that yet, eh?

Comment

if we dont it will be the biggest shock in football since the munich air crash.

Comment

QPR
                  Best team in the world
                  Sort of

Comment

You make many good points here, but what I would like us to do is to study Blackpool and their approch to the season.
                    I find their "happy go lucky" style of play a bit naive in the long run. I know they are playing charming football, but anyway you can see how they are struggling big time now. Their Fullbacks do often bomb forward, that is really how the the game is played today. But as we also know this do often leave a team very fragile at the back. Be aware that Rooney etc doesnt need more than a sniff of a chance. That´s a fact.
                    Hence, What I like about Warnock and Curle is the confidence I have in them when it comes to building a solid team from the back. (Theres still room for improvement, I know)
                    That will surely pay off in the prem (IF WE GET THERE).Our recent signings have also shown that Warnock has got the nouse for signing players who can contribute in positions where we lack. Much have been said about the striker issue, but they have actually paid attention to the problem, and brought us Miller and eventually given Helgusson a regular first team spot.
                    And who knows, maybe Troy Hewitt can follow in the path of DJ. Campbell.
                    Compared to Blackpool we do also much more money to spend...
                    Last edited by Shania; 27-02-2011, 03:27 PM.
                    QPR
                    Best team in the world
                    Sort of

Comment

I'd have to go with gibberish..

Comment

difference being 90% of the world has never heard of queens park rangers, and could not care less about second division football in any country.
                        To say you are delusional would be putting it mildly, comparing dead people to promotion.

Comment

Working...
                        X