The Term "This IS QPR AFter All"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Term "This IS QPR AFter All"

I bet all the opposing team fans chasing us are resigned to going for 2nd spot and really think we will win it.

Ask our own fans and I get from so many that I chat to " don't take nothing for granted we are QPR after all".

It gives me a sense that many of us are not convinced, yet we have never in my lifetime been top all bar two games of a season and even in recent history if we have been near the top, we have managed to get promoted as in the case when we last were in this position. The only time we failed was Play Off final season, when we actually finished that season with a late flourish of good results.

We've lost 3 games in 34 games and we would probably have to lose 4 in the last 12 to not go up, one way or another, do we really believe this will happen?

It seems many are not convinced this will be our season, even though every one bar our own supporters are convinced?
    ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
    THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

not convinced this is QPR after all
    Opinions are like A******s, everyone has one, but nobody wants to see the other guy's.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------
    https://twitter.com/#!/QPRBOB

Comment

I think it's just that people are used to being let down at times. We all believe now, I think?! It's just that we don't have short memories.
      Your mum would love me...

Comment

NW has made us a really strong, solid unit but I guess its just years of watching us throwing away leads etc by conceding soft last minutes goals. Agree Swansea, Cardiff and Forest probably see themselves as battling for second place bar a collapse from us, tho I suppose Cardiff might be thinking if they can beat us at home they might just catch us. I don't have a problem with fans being cautious - rather than fans giving it large and then being made to look stupid if the unthinkable does happen.

Comment

Even when its mathematically impossible for us not to go up I'll still have my doubts. its our DNA.
          http://twitter.com/#!/superhoops10

Comment

your mad if you think its everyone barr a few of our own supporters who think we wont win it pete.
            none of the other supporters think we will win it, check their forums, they all think we will blow it.
            tho we deffo wont.

Comment

Originally posted by qblockpete View Post
              I bet all the opposing team fans chasing us are resigned to going for 2nd spot and really think we will win it.

Ask our own fans and I get from so many that I chat to " don't take nothing for granted we are QPR after all".

Pete its simple.
              a) People don't want to tempt fate
              b) Warnock himself won't be taking anything for granted, as you put it
              c) EVERY team in our position would be "waiting for it all to go wrong"
              d) If we were in the same position as any of the chasing teams, we would think the team 5 points clear were nailed on.
              We're football fans-THATS WHAT WE DO

Comment

Originally posted by QPRbob View Post
                not convinced this is QPR after all

Although, looking at the papers this morning, the teams below us have some of the bigger reports, and, in one of our papers, we have a tiny little "afterthought" report.
                The media seem to think we're up, and are now more interested in who will finish second.
                But, this IS QPR, and we are used to the great seagull of fate pooping on us from on high to wreck things.
                Hopefully Neil has a big umbrella we can all shelter under...
                Faurlin is my hero!!! Love him!!! #########

Comment

This is why we are not at the forefront of things *like* the Football League Show, Goals on Sunday etc...

The wider media think we are already up and have done so since before Christmas. We are not interesting until the last couple of games.

We know different. After all, this is QPR.

Comment

Since relegation from the Prem (and some might say before it) we have experienced more false dawns than any other team out there. In fact, to be fair, until the last year, we were never more than three months away from our owners / chairman sticking their feet squarely in their mouth and causing upheaval.

THAT is why this pessimism is endemic within the QPR fanbase.

If we take a step back and look at the facts, we MUST be a shoe in for promotion; if it were any other team, I'd have no doubt. Your post last week, Pete, about the number of wins other teams need was spot on and logically thought out and most of sirpie's number stuff on here is compelling evidence.

BUT, we are QPR and nothing is done the easy way; remember how we limped over the line into this league despite having the highest wage bill and best squad in the third tier? Remeber how we started that season on fire only to be told about guns and board rooms??? Remember how Magilton upset the applecart resulting in his dismissal and Skeletor's appointment taking us from the Play offs to the brink of relegation? Or, how about Waddock's appointment post Olly and what that did to us?

I could go on, but you know the history...

Comment

Being a QPR fan is about being let down.

I think if fans remain pessimistic, if we do go up, we can really enjoy it.
                      First game: Arsenal vs Queen's Park Rangers at Highbury, Saturday 17th November 1984.

Comment

Fair question pete.... But.....

We always seemed to choke in the past.

76, 1982, 1986 against the poorest ever cup final side, Cardiff at millenium stadium, it is rangers, and if there if way way to make it hard, you can bet your bottom dollar we will find it.

Saying that having Neil in charge gives me massive confidence.

Comment

You can always tell the true QPR fan, when we're 3-0 up in injury time, he's the one biting his nails.
                          Been let down so many times, it's hard to think it isn't all going to turn to rats s**t

Comment

All those who were at Rushden in 2003 will know NEVER to assume anything...
                            Faurlin is my hero!!! Love him!!! #########

Comment

Originally posted by BennyBoyRs View Post
                              I think it's just that people are used to being let down at times. We all believe now, I think?! It's just that we don't have short memories.

Spot on!!

And I would be a lot more relaxed if we could start to score more of our goals in the first half.
                              Last edited by Shania; 27-02-2011, 09:04 PM.
                              QPR
                              Best team in the world
                              Sort of

Comment

Working...
                              X