Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Player Of The Year..If Season Ended Tomorrow?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Fez View Post
    I'm with you on this! I rate the work Derry, Kenny et all have done as much as anyone. HOWEVER I think if you take Taarabt out of our squad there is now way we would have a chance of automatic promotion. Kenny and Derry for example could be replaced by other players who might not be quite as good but would come close. I don't think you can replace what Adel has given us this season and for that reason he has to be Player Of The Season!
    Arguably though wasn't Taraabt here last season and what did he do? If his talent is the difference between success and not why does it take a particular manager to get the best out of him? Why did the likes of Ramos, Redknapp, Magilton, Sousa etc all fail? Why is it that Jay Simpson had no problems scoring in that side but Taraabt did? When Taraabt doesn't have someone behind him doing all the donkey work he go missing. When Taraabt has an off day and loses possession why don't we lose more often?

Comment

I'd be amazed if Taarabt didn't win the POTY.

Our fanbase craves and embraces flair, creativity and genius players. Our fondly remembered history and limited successes are built upon flair and flamboyance.

Kenny, Faurlin and Derry have been immense players this season. However,how many times have we lauded over Adel? Who has got each and every one of us out of their seats more times than any other? In years to come we will remember Adels wizardry and wonder goals more than anything else. The stories will be passed through the generations.

Step forward the King of Loftus Road. Adel we love you.
      Last edited by BobHazell; 28-02-2011, 10:25 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by sirpiechucker View Post
        I'm not saying that the loss of Mahon was the sole reason of course there were many others factors but without an engine not even a Ferrari can run. Derry is the engine (a better and more consistent) just like Mahon before him.
        Sir Pie, I see you have taken to quoted yourself. Be careful mate, that way madness lies..

Comment

All those fans who have failed to say Taarabt, can you plse answer the point that it would be a bit strange that the player universally recognised as the Championship Player of the Season by a country mile - Taarabt - is apparently not good enough to be voted his club's player of the season?

Comment

Originally posted by stainrodisalegend View Post
            All those fans who have failed to say Taarabt, can you plse answer the point that it would be a bit strange that the player universally recognised as the Championship Player of the Season by a country mile - Taarabt - is apparently not good enough to be voted his club's player of the season?
            It depends who does the voting. Obviously if it were the same people that would be silly but if its managers/players voting for the Championship player and then the fans, players, management of QPR voting for their player of the year of course it could be a different result.

Everyone involved in QPR will see their players a lot more than the rival managers/players do so if they believe that player X has been consistent whereas player Y has been brilliant from time to time but has gone missing and sulked then they might have a different view to the manager who comes up against player Y twice and both times has their teams destroyed by him.

Arguably Jay Simpson had a better chance of winning the Championship player of the Year last season although Faurlin was voted Club player of the Year.

Comment

Originally posted by sirpiechucker View Post
              It depends who does the voting. Obviously if it were the same people that would be silly but if its managers/players voting for the Championship player and then the fans, players, management of QPR voting for their player of the year of course it could be a different result.

Everyone involved in QPR will see their players a lot more than the rival managers/players do so if they believe that player X has been consistent whereas player Y has been brilliant from time to time but has gone missing and sulked then they might have a different view to the manager who comes up against player Y twice and both times has their teams destroyed by him.

Arguably Jay Simpson had a better chance of winning the Championship player of the Year last season although Faurlin was voted Club player of the Year.
              I just think its being really parochial to go for someone like Derry - yes he has done a brilliant job for us but Tabs is the player who has lit up the entire Championship this season having Rio Ferdinand tweeting about him and putting us on the map and scoring the kind of magical goals that we haven't seen down at the Loft since the days of Simon Stainrod - just think if fans look at the bigger picture the player of the season is so obviously Adel. Yes Derry has done brilliantly but if Warno didn't get him he prob wd have signed Michael Brown or Ben Watson or AN Other who perhaps wouldn't have been quite as effective but under Warno's management probably very nearly. Two questions: who wd we have realistically have signed if we had not got Tabs (Ambrose?) and can you compare the impact he would probably have had against Tabs?

Comment

Who do I think is the best/most talented player in the division? Taarabt.

Who do I think has been out POTY? Kenny.

It's that simple. Like I say mate, you have your opinion, and I gave mine. On this ocassion, we unusually disagree, but as I said, just because mine doesn't tie in with yours, it doesn't mean I'm being sentimental. Kenny has been far more consistent than Taarabt, in my very humble, and modest opinion.

Taarabt has let me down on a few ocassions, whereas Kenny hasn't. Taarabt is here to get a move, where Kenny is here to play Prem football with us. Taarabt isn't overly bothered about us fans (again, my opinion), who completely adore him, whereas Kenny plays for his team mates, and his fans.

I'm not at all trying to #### Taarabt, who I am pleased we have, but I'd rather you didn't try strengthening your argument by unadvertedly saying those who disagree, are almost unknowledgable about the game.

Trust me mate, I'm not having a dig. I agree with a lot of things you say, but not this time around. Kenny for me, all day.
                Last edited by BennyBoyRs; 28-02-2011, 04:18 PM.
                Your mum would love me...

Comment

Opinions. Taste.
                  It's a bit like the Oscars, aint it?

Best Film: QPR

Best Actor: Adel Taarabt.

Best Supporting Actor: Derry/Kenny

Best Director: Neil Warnock

Best Music Soundtrack: "Paddy Kenny's Having A Party..."

It's still an Oscar. Just a different one.
                  Final Version - Hope you like it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d1z0UQ0eqRM

Follow Me On Twitter: http://twitter.com/#!/QPRGoddard

Comment

Agree with most, that its extremely tight, especially between Paddy and Adel, followed by Derry. Its harsh to pick anyone - but Adel has already got player of the month at least twice hasnt he? Has scored some incredible goals, and has played a massive part in in almost every other goal we have scored. Paddy has been outstanding, but Adel edges it for me - hes been simply unbelievable. This year, they should just give the award to the whole team!

Comment

Originally posted by BennyBoyRs View Post
                      Who do I think is the best/most talented player in the division? Taarabt.

Who do I think has been out POTY? Kenny.

It's that simple. Like I say mate, you have your opinion, and I gave mine. On this ocassion, we unusually disagree, but as I said, just because mine doesn't tie in with yours, it doesn't mean I'm being sentimental. Kenny has been far more consistent than Taarabt, in my very humble, and modest opinion.

Taarabt has let me down on a few ocassions, whereas Kenny hasn't. Taarabt is here to get a move, where Kenny is here to play Prem football with us. Taarabt isn't overly bothered about us fans (again, my opinion), who completely adore him, whereas Kenny plays for his team mates, and his fans.

I'm not at all trying to #### Taarabt, who I am pleased we have, but I'd rather you didn't try strengthening your argument by unadvertedly saying those who disagree, are almost unknowledgable about the game.

Trust me mate, I'm not having a dig. I agree with a lot of things you say, but not this time around. Kenny for me, all day.
                      Benny certainly not trying to have a go at you - or indeed anyone else - I respect your opinion and your support for the team and as you say we normally agree. I wouldn't be in the least surprised if the fanbase did vote Kenny or Derry so accept you are probably if anything in the majority but I just think there will be a few commentators and fans of other clubs who have seen Tabs rip them to shreds this season who will be scratching their heads if that is our vote - but hey, as you say, all about opinions and ultimately doesn't really matter as long as the team is doing well.

Comment

Adel. Best player in the league. He has made us so many points. The big boys will come knocking, that is the difference and how good he has been.
                        twitter @silvercue

soundcloud

Comment

This is an interesting post and IMO, highlights why there is so many petty arguments happen.

I thought the question was
                          Player Of The Year..If Season Ended Tomorrow? Who would it be?

and not
                          Player Of The Year..If Season Ended Tomorrow? Who does stainrodisalegend think we should vote for.

Comment

If we go up....the whole team should get players of the year...imo.
                            They seek him here.................

Comment

Working...
                            X