Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HammersmithR View Post
    You fail to see so many points.

1. Pompey hardly threatened against us. Kitson won the odd header. Did anything happen? No.

2. Bothroyd did nothing against us. Gorks messed up and Bellamy scored.

3. You talk of penalties that were not given. What about Hill at Sheff Utd away. That was stonewall that was not given.

4. As I said it's much easier coming into a side who are top of the league with the best defence in the land. Teams are going to play negative against us.

5. King didn't run us ragged. He scored a tap in after Gorks messed up.

If any of the centre backs were worried about their place it was Gorks. MC hasn't done much wrong. I think if you spoke to most fans for an all round defender he is the best we have.

And i stand by my point. Shittu is a hoofer. You don't see the top centre backs doing that all the time. He is not comfortable on the ball. He is an old fashioned centre half who just clears his lines. A part of the modern day defender is to start attacks. Shittu does not do this.

You serious ? King didnt run us ragged at home ? he bossed out Cb's, We made him look a quality player , Just adel shined through with 2 bit of magic.

I had my doubts about shittu coming back but the last 2 games have proved me wrong ! Shittu (along with Hall) has been immense !

And as for Shittu not starting attacks ? Whats the point , id rather it be in there half than Conner And Gorkks Farting about with it at the back and losing the ball ! if a big ole hoof relieves pressure then so be it !

Comment

Danny Graham gave us the run around back in December
      Kept the faith!

Comment

Not sure why you keep mentioning "top Players" .
        Shittu isn't a top class player as MC and all our players bar Taarabt , Kenny and Ali, and Qpr are not a top team.
        They are the best we have now though.

You talk like I think dan is a top5 premiership player.

And if you think dab hoofs, you either don't watch games ( which I know isn't true) or you don't understand what a hoof is.
        If you want to see, watch back a copy of Notts forest at home and follow jasper Gorrks , that my friend will clearly show you a hoof of the highest order.

Comment

Lol - Jeffro - Danny done us proud last time round, but let's not get carried away yet!!

Comment

in fairness

in fairness to hammersmith he only wants the best for qpr,everyone knows i worship shittu,but a beleive i have which may or not be true,is that sean derry and faurlin have created a situation where the central defenders dont seem to get exposed......................i think warnock really plays a six man defence,and this does make that central defender spot an easier option,the real nightmare i have about one size and big dan ,would be a really nippy striker on a stinging hot day may tie them up in knots and then get themselves into scoring positions
            none of us really know what will happen if we go up ,but we are all praying it will be good,and rest assured if dan and one size screw up neil will replace them
            Click here to view my blog.

More...

Comment

Originally posted by californiahoop View Post
              Danny Graham gave us the run around back in December

Whole team was shocking that day! Just a bad day at the office!
              First game: Arsenal vs Queen's Park Rangers at Highbury, Saturday 17th November 1984.

Comment

watford game is a bad example....worst we've been since neil took over.
                PRIDE OF LONDON.

Comment

but

yes watford was a terrible game for us
                  Click here to view my blog.

More...

Comment

This one could run and run - Hall and Dan have put in two good performances now and if they stay together for the rest of the season we will have a decent set of comparisons. Conners and Gorkks have been the best pairing this season based on the stats and every team can point to individual results, mistakes and bits of quality to suit their case. But the stats show, over a long period of time, that they have done well.
                    We have seen with our own eyes the way the new unit has performed and also seen the quality of the opposition (not the greatest irrespective of their paper value).

I say credit where it's due - to Conners and Kas for their excellent stats and to Hall and Danny for 2 good games.

One thing is true either way - we have a very astute and lucky manager.
                    Astute for the timing of the change - one or two mistakes creeping in so the pairing gets rested and also for playing Hall and Dan in that friendly before going live.
                    And lucky because - well basically because we have collected 2 clean sheets and the pairing now has belief and confidence as do we, the fans. I will tell you for a fact that there was some fortune about the clean sheets (in the amont of attacking force applied by Ipswich and Boro) because it was clear to me (more on Saturday that against Ipswich) that Fitz and Danny were a long way from being in tune with each other at times, looking somewhat unsure and hesitant about each other's runs, covering and ball use - watch closely with a trained eye and it is very clear that they have some way to go before they are an ideal pairing - but with the confidence of those 2 clean sheets they are on their way - god help us if Hall gets crocked because (although I think Conners is the best option) it will take time for another pairing to understand each other - which is critical at this stage of the run in.
                    #standuptocancer
                    #inyourfacecancer

Comment

This debate has started from day one of the season and with 13/14 or so more games, we are still debating the qualities of your defenders.

I remember the comments at one of the early home games this season, when Kenny came for the ball/cross and fumbled.That game, Kenny and Hill were not very well complimented by the crowd in R block S PQ etc...However - the comments on Orr were very positive.Hall was made cpatian, which didn;t go down too well.Kaspars form was hit and miss and Matt C,wasn't really performing at hist best.

Now - we are sitting top of the league with one of the best defensive records in the league - only Leeds that seem to have scored more goals.Not only have we questioned our defensive exploits, but we demanded a 20 goal striker to get us promoted,yet it looks like our top goal scorer will be our attacking midfielder.

What does it all mean?? - No idea....but we are top of the league and it is our to lose.As far as im concerned....you can bring back Peter ramage at RB !

Comment

Working...
                      X