Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HammersmithR.

Just interested in your opinion.
    Has Shittu won you over yet as he snuffed out a 6 mil strikeforce, and another clean sheet.

Do you now agree that Neil was 100% correct to change the defence?
    And finally we have played good football and the hoofs seem to have stopped since Gorrks has been dropped?

Excellent back up to have on the bench and they have done well this season, are KG and MC, but I think the current defence will be the one to finish the job and win this league for us.

Originally posted by Jeffro View Post
    Has Shittu won you over yet as he snuffed out a 6 mil strikeforce, and another clean sheet.

And finally we have played good football and the hoofs seem to have stopped since Gorrks has been dropped?

Excellent back up to have on the bench and they have done well this season, are KG and MC, but I think the current defence will be the one to finish the job and win this league for us.
    HammersmithR would moan if Shittu scored ten goals a game

Its just what he does and the whippersnapper will never change

When he was 5 or 6 he was our little runner on the coaches and always a nice lad with a big grin on his boat but he is turning in to a grumpy old man these days

Comment

Considering KG and MC have played for 2 thirds of the season and managed to keep 17 clean sheets your quote that the current defence will "Win the league for us" is very unfair!
      I'm not dismissing the fact that big Dan and One size have done well in the last 2 games but it is the whole squad that will win promotion

Comment

Originally posted by UB5 Ranger View Post
        Considering KG and MC have played for 2 thirds of the season and managed to keep 17 clean sheets your quote that the current defence will "Win the league for us" is very unfair!
        I'm not dismissing the fact that big Dan and One size have done well in the last 2 games but it is the whole squad that will win promotion
        Nail on head mate

Comment

I think I may have worded it poorly, what immeant was it will be those 2 that see the season in for us in defence, when we win the league.
          I am very grateful for Gorrks and Connollys performances. All I'm saying was that Neil did the right thing, I had been calling for Shittu for a while and the defence was making mistakes and Gorrks was turning us Into a long ball team.

The defence including Kyle walker this year has been immense.

Comment

I'm sure Hammersmith r's will come back and say that, he wants to get into bed with Connolly for some fun, but Hall and S.hittu have simply brought a freshness to the back.

S.hittu gives you more up front and nothing is getting pass him in the air. The backroom staff would have been doing all sorts of calculations on miles run during the game and other aspects, they probably felt Gorkss and Connolly were just losing there edge. Gorkss has been ever present for example and maybe games were just catching up on him. For all his faults and critics, have to say Fitz Hall was outstanding again against Middlesborough.
            ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
            THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Comment

Outstanding?
              Your mum would love me...

Comment

It seems that One Size has picked up where he left off at the start of the season. I'm pleased for him, as I always moaned when he was in the side the previous season. The time he spent up at the Toon has done him and us good, however his fitness will always be an issue unfortunately.
                Last edited by QPRbob; 27-02-2011, 12:25 PM.
                Opinions are like A******s, everyone has one, but nobody wants to see the other guy's.
                -----------------------------------------------------------------
                https://twitter.com/#!/QPRBOB

Comment

Squad game and all that.

Bear in mind too that Shittu's all round game has improved quite a bit since he was last here, perhaps that fact has been overlooked by some people.

Comment

I think Jeffro you fail to see the argument i put to you in the first place. Fore the record Gorks and Connolly played against Middlesbrough earlier in the season and kept a clean sheet! What you don't grasp is the fact that MC and KG have kept numerous clean sheets all season against all types of strikers. The only striker who I can think of who got the better of MC was Leon Best last season. This season he has done his job. Gorks is a fair point, but at the end of the day they have kept the clean sheets.

I will judge Shittu when he has played a similar amount of games to Gorks and Connolly. You don't judge a player after 2 games. He has yet to face a side which have really attacked our goal. The defence was not troubled against Ipswich or yesterday.

I don't know how many away games you do in a season, but normally most people judge a player over a long period of time. Not just against poor sides, especially at home.

You sound like Shittu's best mate. As i have always said to you I just want Rangers to win games. You are obsessed with Shittu. And for the record if he was that good, he'd still be in the Prem.

Bit he's got a very long way to go to match KG and MC's record. It's not too bad coming into a defence when the team are top of the league having the best defence in the league. Most teams will just play one up top and will hardly attack.

I rest my case.
                    First game: Arsenal vs Queen's Park Rangers at Highbury, Saturday 17th November 1984.

Comment

hammersmith your honest opinion, what was your opinion regarding the way connolly dealt with marlon king? I thought he bullied matt and made him look rather poor but I guess u saw the game differently. I'm also talking about coventry home and away. Yes king is a very good striker but I doubt he could bully shittu.
                      I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
                        hammersmith your honest opinion, what was your opinion regarding the way connolly dealt with marlon king? I thought he bullied matt and made him look rather poor but I guess u saw the game differently. I'm also talking about coventry home and away. Yes king is a very good striker but I doubt he could bully shittu.
                        Kept a clean sheet against him away at Coventry. Didn't give him a sniff.

At home. King scored, but it was Gorks who messed up missing a challenge in the lead up to their goal. Apart from that King never looked like scoring.

Shittu looks good when teams who go long against us. Put him against a forward who is clever with movement like many in the Prem he will get found out, hence why he's not playing in the Prem.
                        First game: Arsenal vs Queen's Park Rangers at Highbury, Saturday 17th November 1984.

Comment

Hammersmith you do make me laugh

Comment

Hammersmith I agree with some of what you say. I go a fair few away and all home. Off top of my head I remember King running them ragged, Dave Kitson at LR won everything against both Gorrks and MC, only poor finishing and paddy meant we were unpunished , bothroyd caused MC big problems and it was a stonewall penalty after MC made another rash challenge.

I just think big dan is a far better defender, and do you admit that your friend Gorrks hoofs and booms the ball far more than Shittu.
                            If you want games before u judge Shittu fair enough but you have to hold your hands up as you ambushed big dan calling him a hoofr when truth is we have played great football since he came In and Gorrks got dropped.

Comment

Hammersmith I agree with some of what you say. I go a fair few away and all home. Off top of my head I remember King running them ragged, Dave Kitson at LR won everything against both Gorrks and MC, only poor finishing and paddy meant we were unpunished , bothroyd caused MC big problems and it was a stonewall penalty after MC made another rash challenge.

I just think big dan is a far better defender, and do you admit that your friend Gorrks hoofs and booms the ball far more than Shittu.
                              If you want games before u judge Shittu fair enough but you have to hold your hands up as you ambushed big dan calling him a hoofr when truth is we have played great football since he came In and Gorrks got dropped.
                              You fail to see so many points.

1. Pompey hardly threatened against us. Kitson won the odd header. Did anything happen? No.

2. Bothroyd did nothing against us. Gorks messed up and Bellamy scored.

3. You talk of penalties that were not given. What about Hill at Sheff Utd away. That was stonewall that was not given.

4. As I said it's much easier coming into a side who are top of the league with the best defence in the land. Teams are going to play negative against us.

5. King didn't run us ragged. He scored a tap in after Gorks messed up.

If any of the centre backs were worried about their place it was Gorks. MC hasn't done much wrong. I think if you spoke to most fans for an all round defender he is the best we have.

And i stand by my point. Shittu is a hoofer. You don't see the top centre backs doing that all the time. He is not comfortable on the ball. He is an old fashioned centre half who just clears his lines. A part of the modern day defender is to start attacks. Shittu does not do this.

Comment

Working...
                              X