Mowbray Comments...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mowbray Comments...

"I think 3-0 was a bit harsh," said Mowbray.
    "Sometimes when you're top of the table things roll for you like that. They've got some decent players in the forward line and their tactics are to let them go forward and win games.

"To coin a Mourinho phrase, they park the bus - the full-backs don't cross the halfway line and the front four have individual talent that can win them matches. That's a formula that seems to be working very well for them this year.

"I'm not taking anything away from them - if you're top of the table after 33 games, you must be a very decent side, and they undoubtedly are.

They've got some good individuals, a big, strong, powerful back-line and they just get the job done."

Yep.
    Final Version - Hope you like it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d1z0UQ0eqRM

Follow Me On Twitter: http://twitter.com/#!/QPRGoddard

Zzzzzzzz Tony.... By the way its top after 34 games not 33. Big nose.

Comment

Originally posted by Goddard View Post
      "I think 3-0 was a bit harsh," said Mowbray.

Yep.
      And I think Mr Mowbray was watching a different game to the rest of us.
      At 3-0, we cruised in low gear and they STILL couldn't do anything meaningful.

Taking Emnes off was a bit of a mystery -- he was the only one anywhere near matching our midfielders (although their left winger looked quite nippy).

Papering over the cracks -- if they don't improve they could still slide into a bit of bovver down the bottom.
      One of the worst (if not THE worst) teams we've played this season.
      Faurlin is my hero!!! Love him!!! #########

Comment

Originally posted by Ric-Roc View Post
        Zzzzzzzz Tony.... By the way its top after 34 games not 33. Big nose.

Comment

Originally posted by swanleyhoop View Post
          And I think Mr Mowbray was watching a different game to the rest of us.
          At 3-0, we cruised in low gear and they STILL couldn't do anything meaningful.

Taking Emnes off was a bit of a mystery -- he was the only one anywhere near matching our midfielders (although their left winger looked quite nippy).

Papering over the cracks -- if they don't improve they could still slide into a bit of bovver down the bottom.
          One of the worst (if not THE worst) teams we've played this season.
          I was watching a different game to you then, Swanley. As I said in my evaluation, I feel 3-0 did flatter us. We were awful in the 1st half, just as they were. A fair half-time scoreline would have been minus 1 each. That's how dull things were. The atmosphere from our crowd reflected this, as per.

Ok, second half we were much better. Easilly the nest side. But we failed to create many clear chances. If it wasn't for the fact they were so poor, we wouldn't have had three goals. A deflection, and a penalty where we were going away from goal were what gave us such a cushion. Take nothing away from our second goal. Pure magic from Routs, but let's not fool ourselves into believing we could have had a cricket score.

Agree about Emnes. In fact, I'd go as far as to say he was the best performer on the pitch for both sides.
          Your mum would love me...

Comment

Strange how differently games are viewed!
            I just felt they did the best they could, whilst we didn't need to be anywhere near our best -- perhaps that's why the two teams might not have seemed very different.
            But it just seemed a very comfortable 3-0 and I felt we could have gone on and got more, but took our foot off the gas after the third goal.
            Emnes is wasted in their team, though, and needs to play with better players. Should have stayed on at Swansea, perhaps.
            Faurlin is my hero!!! Love him!!! #########

Comment

Working...
            X