No announcement yet.

Just back from Boro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am giving my opinion, which is debate. I am not shouting loudest and I know that you share your opinions on here too.

The fact that some players got upset does not interest me - the pen taker should take the kick in my opinion. He scored, yet some fans still want to have a pop at Adel.

The fact that NW has the same view is very relevant. Again, only my opinion. You probably have a better one. Looking forward to it.
    twitter @silvercue

soundcloud

Comment

Originally posted by silvercue View Post
      I am giving my opinion, which is debate. I am not shouting loudest and I know that you share your opinions on here too.

The fact that some players got upset does not interest me - the pen taker should take the kick in my opinion. He scored, yet some fans still want to have a pop at Adel.

The fact that NW has the same view is very relevant. Again, only my opinion. You probably have a better one. Looking forward to it.
      The penalty taker should be sorted out so everyone knows what is happening to stop this nonsense, as it makes the Champions in waiting look like schoolboys.

Comment

OK, well we have both said our bit. I don't think the thread was ruined though. I think talking about these things is what makes threads and message boards worth a visit.

Also, to be clear, I am not having a pop at the OP - I thanked him for a good report. I am just saying that I interpret some events differently to some other fans.
        twitter @silvercue

soundcloud

Comment

Originally posted by paulmason View Post
          The penalty taker should be sorted out so everyone knows what is happening to stop this nonsense, as it makes the Champions in waiting look like schoolboys.
          How many penalties have we had this season? How many have been missed?

Hardly seems like a big issue to me. Schoolboys? If there is more than one player confident enough to want to take it.. and the outcome is a goal, wheres the problem? Schoolboys miss penalties, champions elect do not.

Comment

Didn't think the thread was ruined at all. There could be many reasons why we don't have a penalty taker worked out before the match. For instance what happens if the penalty taker gets injured during the incident that leads to the penalty? What happens if the penalty taker has already missed one in the game? What happens if the penalty taker is have an absolute shocker?

There is plenty of time between the penalty being awarded (always a melee afterwards) and the penalty being taken to decide the best person at that present time to take the penalty.

This isn't shouting the loudest or saying that my opinion means more than others just saying that it isn't always as clear cut to say player A should take penalties.

Comment

Originally posted by sirpiechucker View Post
              This isn't shouting the loudest or saying that my opinion means more than others just saying that it isn't always as clear cut to say player A should take penalties.
              I agree 100% and if that is the case, why do people need to mention that people are only looking for negatives then ?.

Comment

Originally posted by paulmason View Post
                I agree 100% and if that is the case, why do people need to mention that people are only looking for negatives then ?.
                Fundamentally we are all different. Some think HH had a rite to complete his hat-trick. Others will think the goal will do Taraabt some good and others will only care about the scoreline.

I think there really should only be a debate if the player misses. Then it becomes more important to know if there is an assigned penalty taker because if there is and he didn't take the penalty (presuming he is on the pitch, playing well and is fit) then there is an issue to why the other player took it. Until this is the case I think (IMO) it isn't an issue.

Comment

Fundamentally we are all different. Some think HH had a rite to complete his hat-trick. Others will think the goal will do Taraabt some good and others will only care about the scoreline.

I think there really should only be a debate if the player misses. Then it becomes more important to know if there is an assigned penalty taker because if there is and he didn't take the penalty (presuming he is on the pitch, playing well and is fit) then there is an issue to why the other player took it. Until this is the case I think (IMO) it isn't an issue.
                  Rather like when Fitz Hall failed to complete his hattrick against Barnsley and made a doddle of a game somewhat uncomfortable for a while
                  #standuptocancer
                  #inyourfacecancer

Comment

Originally posted by Bluehoop View Post
                    Rather like when Fitz Hall failed to complete his hattrick against Barnsley and made a doddle of a game somewhat uncomfortable for a while
                    Agree. Fortunately on that occassion it didn't cost us but where Paul does have a point is although sometimes you can't guarantee that a particular player will take the penalty you can not let sentiment get in the way. There were enough other players that day that should have had the balls to stand up to Fitz and say hat-trick or no hat-trick you aren't taking this and we're getting the game won.

Comment

Fundamentally we are all different.
                      Agreed and that is why on occasions people see things from a different perspective and it is crazy why they are classed as stupid or negative because they do.

As long as QPR get 3pts, I really dont give a toss about anything else.

Comment

Have we agred something in the middle of all this disagreement!?
                        twitter @silvercue

soundcloud

Comment

Originally posted by silvercue View Post
                          Have we agred something in the middle of all this disagreement!?

. Life is wonderful.:shy:
                          A clever observation.
                          Most of the time this messageboard reminds me of political party!
                          QPR
                          Best team in the world
                          Sort of

Comment

as Helguson wanted a Hattrick ,Taarabt also wanted an away goal who might be a start of scoring away from LR.
                            TaarabT Abdel

Comment

Great report Alex as per usual.

Comment

Working...
                              X