No announcement yet.

FAO SirPieChucker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

God forbid we should let in a goal with Shittu and Hall in the side,..... someone's going to have one of them "I told you so" moments.

And I shudder to think what would happen if they were to concede 3 in a game, at home, like we did against Watford.

Should not go overboard by any means, but the other night I witnessed absolutely faultless performances from the pair of them.

And Conolly and Gorkss looked more composed than they've looked for a long time.

Comment

I think the great thing to have come out of this is we now have 4 centre halves all vying for the right to play, competition is healthy.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeffro View Post
        Youd happily drop SHittu though for Saturday even after his collosal performance right??

I can accept you have an issue with Danny Shittu for whatever reason, I have no issue with KG or MC, just that currently Shittu is the better player, cant you accept that?

Your stats will cover league 1 and when we were at our worst??
        Its like comparing Chelsea under bates and abramhovic, stats can be twisted.

Have no issue with Shittu. I just want 3 points every game. But I want all players treated the same. We had it under Holloway where some players were treated differently despite putting in bad performances (e.g. Gallen on many occasions). It's good to give new people a try if Warnock thinks that Gorks and Connolly have looked tired.

An argument about tiredness could be used on say someone like Orr and Faurlin who have not looked good recently. And I really rate Faurlin.

But why are they not treated like Gorks and Connolly??

But as I said, I think it's important that Warnock treats all players the same if they are below par and look 'tired.' The last thing we need is disharmony in the team before the end of the season.
        First game: Arsenal vs Queen's Park Rangers at Highbury, Saturday 17th November 1984.

Comment

Originally posted by HammersmithR View Post
          Have no issue with Shittu. I just want 3 points every game. But I want all players treated the same. We had it under Holloway where some players were treated differently despite putting in bad performances (e.g. Gallen on many occasions). It's good to give new people a try if Warnock thinks that Gorks and Connolly have looked tired.

An argument about tiredness could be used on say someone like Orr and Faurlin who have not looked good recently. And I really rate Faurlin.

But as I said, I think it's important that Warnock treats all players the same if they are below par and look 'tired.' The last thing we need is disharmony in the team before the end of the season.
          I agree with you there Hammersmith but i do think Warno will keep Shittu and Hall in until either one gets injured (prob Hall on saturday) or 1 has a shocker. Conners and Gorrks have been too big a part of our season to just be pushed to the back and forgotten about though.

Comment

HammersmithR,

I don't think it's anything personal on behalf of the manager, or that he doesn't rate them both highly for that matter (let's face it, there isn't a club in this division that would be unhappy with either). Surely it's just a case of not having such good, alternative options in other positions. I agree totally about Orr & Faurlin, but playing the likes of Mahon to give Faurlin a rest doesn't really stack up so well does it?

Comment

Faurlin not replaced because we haven't anyone of the same quality to step in. And before you say Rowlands don't bother...

Simples..

By the way does anyone know who got the official MOTM for the Ipswich game?

Surely big Dan?

Comment

I agree fully with Orr and would have started Chimbonda and still would for Saturday. Faurlin is capable like Taarabt of a moment of brilliance and through balls like against Reading, so would keep him in starting XI.

Comment

Hammersmith, you seem to be implying there's some kind of favouritism at play here. I'd suggest its for the simple reason that if your two CBs are starting to tire, thats more of a crucial position to make a mistake than Faurlin or Orr's.

Comment

Clutching at straws comes to mind Stanley

Comment

Moving the debate on a bit I think the good thing about the change was it sent a message to the rest of the team that Warno will freshen things up if he thinks its necessary. Personally I didn't think much was wrong with the defence but you have to respect Warno's judgement. Now not many players will feel untouchable, tabs and possibly routledge aside.

Comment

Originally posted by stainrodisalegend View Post
                        Moving the debate on a bit I think the good thing about the change was it sent a message to the rest of the team that Warno will freshen things up if he thinks its necessary. Personally I didn't think much was wrong with the defence but you have to respect Warno's judgement. Now not many players will feel untouchable, tabs and possibly routledge aside.
                        Agree with that. If Orr dosn't play well there is Chimbonda to come on. Ephraim has finished his suspension, Buzsaky is back and Smith will be back for Leicester so the likes of Miller and Routledge will have to perform against Boro to guarantee a starting place against Leicester.

Comment

Why did the pervert cross the road?
                          Your mum would love me...

Comment

Its nothing to do with players being tired or in the case of Gorks And Cony playing below par cos they haven't. Its to do with Warno playing Danny and Hall against the strengths of Towns players. The boss prob thought the new boys could do a better job.
                            Give the boss some credit, he ain't that silly just to drop players for nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by BennyBoyRs View Post
                              Why did the pervert cross the road?
                              cos you was following ?

Comment

Working...
                              X