Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Is The Best Ideal Centre Back Pairing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And how's Dan going to perform consistently by being written off and not getting a chance?
    Your mum would love me...

Comment

Too short a time, to make such a choice for Dan in any combi.
      They seek him here.................

Comment

Gorkss/Connolly all day. Shittu has one good game and suddenly he is our best centre back. Not for me. Am basing it on the 30 games so far. Not by the fact that Dan kisses the badge.

For the record i think Shittu may struggle against Boro/Leicester if he plays. He may get done for pace. Hope am wrong. But wait until he has had a few games against different types of strikers before awarding him player of the year for one good game tuesday.

Comment

total

totally disagree there i think shittu is blessed,he will become our captain and be rememberd over the next four years,he will keep us in the prem with his brilliant performances
          Click here to view my blog.

More...

Comment

Originally posted by HammersmithR View Post
            If Shittu does well for a long period of time he will get my vote. I judge someone over a long period of time, not just 90 mins which many have done sadly on this board sadly in the last day or so.

Don't tell me someone like Gorks becomes bad over a long period of time.

All players go through bad patches e.g. Rooney for example, but he is still a top player.

Class is permanent, form is temporary..
            whoa easy son i never said gorkss was bad...
            put the smiley face on it because you seem to be taking this way too seriously...only trying to cheer u up.
            Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
            Pawel Wszolek - 6
            Luke Freeman - 6
            Matt Smith - 6
            Ebere Eze - 4
            Joel Lynch - 3
            Tomer Hemed - 3
            Toni Leistner - 2
            Massimo Luongo- 2
            Angel Rangel - 2
            Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
            Geoff Cameron - 1
            Aramide Oteh - 1
            Jake Bidwell - 1
            Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

some people are unreal / blind?

anybody notice that during the ipswich match only once did they ever get inbehind us? and that was at the end of the game.

more importantly when shittu was playing he won every header against wickham and scotland(who some people wanted us to sign coz he "was" so good). but we all knew Big dan would do that to many strikers.. what we have been missing at the back is leadership.. neither connolly or gorkss ever filled me with confidence.. i felt like there was always a goal to be leaked with them in the side(recently).. against ipswich it was assured and never did i think ipswich looked like getting close. hall made some vital interceptions where our midfield just didnt protect us.

people dont like playing big dan coz he is always "hoofing it" yet against ipswich i think i saw one hoof? the rest came from hill, orr and kenny.

connolly is our best ball playing defender.. and shittu will never beat that.. but as of late.. gorkss hasnt cut it.. always slow to turn and against forest didnt win a header all game.. the changes had to come. shittu wont shy away.. he will put himself in the positions to win the ball and he brings a presence to the side that will scare the shite out of strikers.. gorkss sadly just hasn't been cutting the mustard so it was time for a change.
              Soldier: "im on reconnaissance sir.. im looking for our camouflage expert.. have you seen him?"
              Lovejoy: "No?!"
              Soldier: "GOD DAMNIT THAT GUYS GOOD!"

Please Follow My Twitter

Comment

I think this is a great dilemma for NW, Hall & Shittu did play very well and to be fair to Hall when he has come on in recent games he has done his job very well. I know it has only been a short period of time that he has been on the but i think he may have become a better defender than he was when we first had him, so I belive Shittu & Hall should get at least another 3-4 matches before we can start to commpare.

But if we were playing our final game tomorrow needing 1 point to go up then I would have to go for Shittu & Connolly - only becaue in recent games (Preston best example) Gorkks was hesitating an awful lot and Ellington had a very easy day against him.

Comment

Originally posted by GaxZE View Post

anybody notice that during the ipswich match only once did they ever get inbehind us? and that was at the end of the game.

more importantly when shittu was playing he won every header against wickham and scotland(who some people wanted us to sign coz he "was" so good). but we all knew Big dan would do that to many strikers.. what we have been missing at the back is leadership.. neither connolly or gorkss ever filled me with confidence.. i felt like there was always a goal to be leaked with them in the side(recently).. against ipswich it was assured and never did i think ipswich looked like getting close. hall made some vital interceptions where our midfield just didnt protect us.

people dont like playing big dan coz he is always "hoofing it" yet against ipswich i think i saw one hoof? the rest came from hill, orr and kenny.

connolly is our best ball playing defender.. and shittu will never beat that.. but as of late.. gorkss hasnt cut it.. always slow to turn and against forest didnt win a header all game.. the changes had to come. shittu wont shy away.. he will put himself in the positions to win the ball and he brings a presence to the side that will scare the shite out of strikers.. gorkss sadly just hasn't been cutting the mustard so it was time for a change.
                  Very good post.

Plenty of fans love to slate Hall but I would have shittu and Hall as my centre back pairing. Both have a presence and gorrks and connors are 2 slow. Connors is very good with the ball at his feet but he lets the ball bounce far to often. We won't have an issue with an arial threat and I don't think we will concede from many set pieces.
                  I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Very True!!!

I don't care about defenders being good with the ball at their feet anyway, I just want them to protect the goal and get rid of the ball ...simple !!

Leave all thne fancy stuff for the other end of the pitch .

Not really bothered if it sounds like I'm advocating hoofball all I know is that the further away from our goal the ball is ... the less chance of it going in !!!

Comment

I am not going to vote for the reasons below - so for what it's worth, you can't argue with the stats for Conners and Gorkks - who have been part of the best defence in this league over the whole season to date. Hall and Shittu were great the other night, that's agreed but as said by several, the opposition did not put us under any real pressure.

So how can you make a judgment call on the best pairing and come up with the later 2 when it is based on one 90 minute performance, compared to 30 odd games?

All 5 (as I include Hill as a centre back option) have their strengths and weaknesses and are capable of teaming up with each other to provide a really solid pairing against any team in this division.

Oh, by the way, I read every week regarding Orr and Hill that they will get found out once they come up against a fast, tricky winger - so again, the suggeston is that there are none in this division because no one yet has destroyed us in that manner. I say it like that because we did of course get battered by Watford - but not in the manner described
                      #standuptocancer
                      #inyourfacecancer

Comment

I think Connolly and Shittu could work to, big man attacking everything and connolly quality on the ball. In the prem i'd go with connolly and Hall.

Comment

100% agree.

Can't vote though as I don't think there is such a thing. So much depends on the opposition and circumstances.

As for Shittu, I think he will be scaring a lot of defences as well.

Comment

[QUOTE=Bluehoop;540198]

All 5 (as I include Hill as a centre back option) have their strengths and weaknesses and are capable of teaming up with each other to provide a really solid pairing against any team in this division.

QUOTE]

And when Ramage is fit again, we've got 6 !!

Paul Hart would have had a field day with those options against Bristol last year.

Comment

I am glad Shittu and Hall had a fine game, the future (the near future) looks bright with 4 CB's. But it's Gorkss and Connolly first choice.

Comment

Working...
                              X