last nights crowd

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• last nights crowd

was pleased to see the bottom of the school end was rangers,quit packed to , where i am in lower loft i coould normaly lay across 4 seats last night and proberbly the forest game was tight as a drum, seems old rs are coming out of the wood work at last on wards andupwards.............

Was suprised to see the Lower school end packed with R's, someone said it was a promotional offer with the Sun ?

Comment

Good crowd for a Tuesday night against a team not playing for much.

I noticed our gate was bigger than Portsmouth's, Palace & Coventry all teams with traditionally bigger gates than our own.

Comment

Was also half term. Loads more kids there than normal for a night game.
        First game: Arsenal vs Queen's Park Rangers at Highbury, Saturday 17th November 1984.

Comment

mixed with the newbies of course. followed a rather middle class father and son down the road banging on about what a fantastic game they had just seen and what a fantastic player that young abdul tarrabatat was. i kid you not.

Comment

Lower School End was full due to The Sun offer. Quite a few 'new' faces who I would suggest had never been to LR or a 'live' match anywhere before. Lot of them seemed bemused by the singing, fans antics etc
            22nd February away v Charlton is the 40th Anniversary of my support of QPR and my first game. Away v Chelsea 3-3 23rd Feb 1974. 40 years of pure magic!!

Comment

Originally posted by Sotonsuperhoop View Post
              Lower School End was full due to The Sun offer. Quite a few 'new' faces who I would suggest had never been to LR or a 'live' match anywhere before. Lot of them seemed bemused by the singing, fans antics etc
              Are you a Sun reader then Sotonsuperhoop ? don't worry - I am too, but only because of the Sports pages - honest !!!

Hampshire R's

Comment

I have bought The Sun 11 times in the last 20 years, but funnily enough all in Feb of this year, a cheap holiday and cheap football tickets! Can't go wrong!!
                22nd February away v Charlton is the 40th Anniversary of my support of QPR and my first game. Away v Chelsea 3-3 23rd Feb 1974. 40 years of pure magic!!

Comment

i buy the currant bun every day. The sport is good and i like page 3 as well.

Comment

Originally posted by kron-1664 View Post
                    i buy the currant bun every day. The sport is good and i like page 3 as well.
                    Tart

Comment

Originally posted by Sotonsuperhoop View Post
                      I have bought The Sun 11 times in the last 20 years, but funnily enough all in Feb of this year, a cheap holiday and cheap football tickets! Can't go wrong!!
                      Yeah, we believe you...........I sat in X-Block to get a new view of the game at LR and now wished I'd gone for the offer - hopefully they'll open it up to us for the rest of the home games

Comment

What the sun offer shows is that if we were to get a new ground and offer cheaper seats then the demand would increase. As I have said before, if the capacity was there and the prices were right, we could easily sell 20k + especially in the premiership.
                        Now, Then, Forever
                        [CENTER]QPR-Football League CHAMPIONS

Comment

Originally posted by hanwell ranger View Post
                          mixed with the newbies of course. followed a rather middle class father and son down the road banging on about what a fantastic game they had just seen and what a fantastic player that young abdul tarrabatat was. i kid you not.
                          Funny you should say that. I took my son last night and we were surrounded by loads of lower class types! It's true!

Comment

im glad you enjoyed abdul tarrabattat

Comment

Being Upper Class, I also despise the Middle Classes

Comment

Working...
                              X