Sporting Lisbon want Taarabt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rockandroll View Post
    you are not alone in believing this ******** of the media and yellowpages newspapers. beleive me in moroccan newspapers they made him say somethings he never said. and last month he made a media meeting where he denied all their claims and told them to not believe what you read. he is very famous and many nespapers want to make a meal , and that hurts him front of either QPR or Moroccan fans. so forget about this Portugal things its not true and he will never go there.
    Hope you're right... because I have rarely seen a player with so much natural abilty, and I love watching him.

But let's not pretend that his attitude is spot on, and he gives 100% all the time.
    I went to Hull, (There have been other examples). I saw with my own eyes what his mind is capable of, and how frustrated he gets when things aren't going his way. Mental strength is part of the recipe for a great footballer.

That's why he's playing in the 2nd division in England. No other reason.

BUT... I think he's worth it. I know he's worth it.
    However, it would be naive to think that everyone is going to accept his tantrums and frequent laziness, and just have a reach-round everytime his name is mentioned on here.

One thing is for certain - He's not boring.
    Final Version - Hope you like it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d1z0UQ0eqRM

Follow Me On Twitter: http://twitter.com/#!/QPRGoddard

Comment

I thought the ball was under The Classic FM jersey the guy behind the goal is wearing
      Minds Are Like Parachutes.
      Work Best When Open...
      @Nowt2SeeHere

Comment

he is still just 21 .. the attitude will be solved by the age. he will mature soon. we got Eric Gerets as Moroccan coach. he will mould him and take that attitude out.
        I think he would be a hero if he was English even with that attitude at least he doesnt drink or cocaine or prostitutes or make public troubles like some English stars.

Comment

Originally posted by Goddard View Post
          Hope you're right... because I have rarely seen a player with so much natural abilty, and I love watching him.

But let's not pretend that his attitude is spot on, and he gives 100% all the time.
          I went to Hull, (There have been other examples). I saw with my own eyes what his mind is capable of, and how frustrated he gets when things aren't going his way. Mental strength is part of the recipe for a great footballer.

That's why he's playing in the 2nd division in England. No other reason.

BUT... I think he's worth it. I know he's worth it.
          However, it would be naive to think that everyone is going to accept his tantrums and frequent laziness, and just have a reach-round everytime his name is mentioned on here.

One thing is for certain - He's not boring.
          Good post Goddard, only one point with which I disagree, he is worth it at the minute playing Championship football. Trust me I know some players and managers who have had dealings with him before. he has a vastly over inflated opinion of himself and where he should be playing hence the previous stories of Real Madrid, Barcelona and Manchester United.

Good Championship player yes. Potential to be good Premier player, yes. Potential to play for one of the top European sides, yes. The one problem his attitude, which only he can change.

Comment

he is still just 21 .. the attitude will be solved by the age. he will mature soon. we got Eric Gerets as Moroccan coach. he will mould him and take that attitude out.
            I think he would be a hero if he was English even with that attitude at least he doesnt drink or cocaine or prostitutes or make public troubles like some English stars.
            He hasn't done such a good job so far it is only recently he refused to play for the National side because he was only on the bench for a game.

Comment

Rocknroll; please forgive my ignorance, but was you a QPR supporter prior to AT arriving & if so, what was it that made you follow QPR?
              Minds Are Like Parachutes.
              Work Best When Open...
              @Nowt2SeeHere

Comment

True. I can't argue with that!

The stories (from a friend who lives near him) I've heard about a very young, mega-star English player lately would make Adel look like Pele.
                Final Version - Hope you like it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d1z0UQ0eqRM

Follow Me On Twitter: http://twitter.com/#!/QPRGoddard

Comment

Would I rather a player who bangs prostitutes or a player who strops round the pitch and asks to get subbed because he's frustrated.

Comment

Personnally i think its b ollox people saying he cant play in the prem. At the moment the only thing that puts off prem managers is the lads attitude and as he is only 21 he has lots of maturing to do.
                    He is a match winner and not many teams in the prem have them, look at the bottom 9 or 10 teams in the prem, you telling me they couldnt do with someone like AT in their side?
                    A side like us , if we go up, will have to play a tight game closing down the opposition and keeping our discipline but so long as AT knows the rules then he could be our jewel in the crown, our Ronaldo if you like.

Comment

gotta feeling he was always gonna go in the summer anyhow...
                      just glad we held onto him in January because without him we wouldnt have a chance at automatic.. Our best player but a longway from a good prem player...his attitude is all wrong, he's got the skills but not the brain. Cash in while he's worth some decent money....£7million? bite their arms off!
                      Last edited by vblockranger; 23-02-2011, 07:12 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by rickyranger View Post
                        He hasn't done such a good job so far it is only recently he refused to play for the National side because he was only on the bench for a game.
                        lol typical Taarabt
                        And yes he's 21......when he's 25 with the same attitude will people still be saying he has to mature?

Comment

Originally posted by Fraggy View Post
                          Rocknroll; please forgive my ignorance, but was you a QPR supporter prior to AT arriving & if so, what was it that made you follow QPR?
                          i think Rocknroll is more a Taarabt fan than a rangers fan...
                          If he goes to Blackburn you gonna start supporting them Rocknroll??

Comment

on the way home a Basingstoke r made it crystal clear of adels unacceptable attitude, we've had to put up with too much crap in recent years to put up with it, brilliant player as he is we won't be mugged off with his tantrums or lack of loyalty, agreed with him and loved his passion of our wonderful club
                            I must away now, I can no longer tarry
                            This morning's tempest I have to cross
                            I must be guided without a stumble
                            Into the arms I love the most

Comment

Originally posted by Bigdave View Post
                              Personnally i think its b ollox people saying he cant play in the prem. At the moment the only thing that puts off prem managers is the lads attitude and as he is only 21 he has lots of maturing to do.
                              He is a match winner and not many teams in the prem have them, look at the bottom 9 or 10 teams in the prem, you telling me they couldnt do with someone like AT in their side?
                              A side like us , if we go up, will have to play a tight game closing down the opposition and keeping our discipline but so long as AT knows the rules then he could be our jewel in the crown, our Ronaldo if you like.
                              i dont think he cant play in the prem mate, i just geuinely dont think he can play in the prem with qpr if we are going to make a go at just surviving.

Comment

Originally posted by G.T.P View Post
                                could be us putting all the rumours out so clubs like lisbon know they can take him as soon as the season is over.
                                serious question, can anyone really see a shrewd old clogger of a manager using a mercrurial talent who players get fined for passing to in their own half to survive in the premiership?
                                think about it?
                                you think hes going to risk his last ever time in top flight english football before he dies on someone he says he would never of had in one of his sides a few years ago.
                                that will be his same train of thought once we are with the big boys, who will be capable of scoring on every single bad ball or ball he loses as he trying to take on 7 men.

If he's thinking like that then I'd prefer us not to have warnock managing our club next season. If what your saying is how he feels, then i can honestly see us struggling next season. I'd rather have talented players and go and attack in every game then have 11 grafters out on the pitch. Even if we only have one season in the premiership, I want us to have attacking players like him, who cares if he tries to take on 7 men? Let him. Rather that then a delap throw any day.

Comment

Working...
                                X