No announcement yet.

I hope the Connolly/Gorrks argument is put to bed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

More than happy with Hall/Shittu partnership, think MC and KG will be having a very long "rest" between now and the end of the season.

Well, untill Fitz pulls a hammy anyway..

Comment

Shittu was so dominant, exactly what we have needed for a while imo. He just booms the ball forward when he heads it, gorkss and connolly cant do that
      CHAMPIONS
      Ainsworth is a Legend http://twitter.com/#!/ChrisHermitage Has scored at Loftus Road

Comment

Big fan of Kaspar's but Danny looked like he had never been away. Must admit feared he had gone down hill playing for poxy old Millwall etcbut he looked absolutely dominant. Personally I'd be happier with Connolly alongside him as think he would compliment big dan but as someone says elsewhere you have to trust the man, NW.

Comment

Can't be bothered to read through 3 pages of thread so will just throw my twopennyworth in:

- Original post shows just how fickle our fans often are, which is infuriating.
          - Gorkss and Connolly deserve a lot of praise for the way they have performed this season. They've been an integral part of our excellent defence this season.
          - Shi.ttu had a great game.
          - Scapegoat Fitz Hall had a very good game too, made one excellent block.

Comment

Can we just enjoy he fact that we have 4 VERY good centre backs for this division AND Hill !
            Neil has a wealth of options in this position to chose from.

Comment

^ Agreed. All four of our centre backs would walk into most Championship teams.

Comment

Originally posted by HammersmithR View Post
                Agree.
                Shittu plays one game against a side who hardly attacked and some on here are having an orgasm!
                or perhaps Ipswich found it hard with big Dan existance?
                QPR fan since1987

@yousef_qpr

Comment

Originally posted by Yousef View Post
                  or perhaps Ipswich found it hard with big Dan existance?

Er no..........they hardly attacked at our goal and our midfield was poor last night..........did you see the game?????
                  First game: Arsenal vs Queen's Park Rangers at Highbury, Saturday 17th November 1984.

Comment

Originally posted by Morris View Post
                    More than happy with Hall/Shittu partnership, think MC and KG will be having a very long "rest" between now and the end of the season.

Well, untill Fitz pulls a hammy anyway..
                    Also think Taarabt and Derry could do with a rest for a game or two to freshen them up for the final part of the season. We've got a good squad, now the time for Warno to use it.

Comment

Originally posted by Hoopaman View Post
                      Also think Taarabt and Derry could do with a rest for a game or two to freshen them up for the final part of the season. We've got a good squad, now the time for Warno to use it.
                      It seems different players get treated differently.

Faurlin has looked tired recently but he doesn't get 'rested.'
                      First game: Arsenal vs Queen's Park Rangers at Highbury, Saturday 17th November 1984.

Comment

How can Connolly be a powder puff???

Part of the best defence we have had in years. Shittu and Hall weren't exactly tested by Ipswich tonight were they?? Wickham played out wide!

You are totally deluded if you think 2 centre halves are not part of the reason why we have had such a good defence this season. Wait until Shittu and Hall play against some proper strikers with movement. Shittu and Hall not good enough to lace the boots of Gorks and Connolly.

And please don't fall for the badge kissing! He was kissing his badge at Millwall earlier in the season and at Bolton last season! Lampard does it Chelsea when supposedly all his family are West Ham.

You obviously haven't been to many games this season if you think Gorks and Hall are bad! Have proved they are the best pairing in the league. Just look at the FACTS.
                        Spot on Dave

Comment

How can Connolly be a powder puff???

Part of the best defence we have had in years. Shittu and Hall weren't exactly tested by Ipswich tonight were they?? Wickham played out wide!

You are totally deluded if you think 2 centre halves are not part of the reason why we have had such a good defence this season. Wait until Shittu and Hall play against some proper strikers with movement. Shittu and Hall not good enough to lace the boots of Gorks and Connolly.

And please don't fall for the badge kissing! He was kissing his badge at Millwall earlier in the season and at Bolton last season! Lampard does it Chelsea when supposedly all his family are West Ham.

You obviously haven't been to many games this season if you think Gorks and Hall are bad! Have proved they are the best pairing in the league. Just look at the FACTS.

Comment

Hammersmith I think you are taking what I have said out of context.
                            I havent said I dont rate MC or KG ever, I am fully thankful for their performances thus far and they have been a part of why our defence has been so good, along with Derry and Paddy.

All I said is the changes were needed to be made and Danny was chomping at the bit to get on , and with both MC and KG getting bossed against big strikers, the time was perfect to introduce the beast into the back line.

Personally i would have started Connolly with Shittu as I feel Dans presence will comfort Connolly against big strikers and allow him to play a bit more.
                            I said before MC is half decent with the ball at his feet, better than any other CB's we have, but he is too light weight and often gets caught out and has to foul the striker to make up for this.

What you are doing to Shittu is far worse than my MC/KG comments.
                            Shittu is a rangers boy, played something like 250 games for us, loves the club and fans, waited patiently with no moaning for his chance, and last night did he take it or what!!
                            He deserves better from a loyal fan like yourself, saying that badge kissing is fake and that we mean as much to him as milwall ( After a 6 month spell) is out of order and ludicrous.

He is a ranger like us all and deserves your respect especially after his performance yesterday.

Ipswich are probably a top 10 footballing side in NPC so why do you keep saying " wait till we play a team that attacks us??"
                            There aint loads better than Bullard, Scotland and Wickham!!

After another collosal performance against Mboro on Saturday, I shall serve you up a warmed slice of humble pie, what would you like with it, custard or cream??

Comment

I just love the way Hammersmith r's put in Hall, when he mean't Connolly
                              ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
                              THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Comment

It's turned into a totally pathetic thread.

Hammersmith you were posting 3 hours b4 the game yesterday saying you would have a sh!t night if Sh!ttu starts! Are you just embarrassed because you now look a little silly after an immense performance from the 2 CB's?

Not trying to dig you out but your clearly on some anti Sh!ttu agenda which is very sad in itself.

Personally I'm delighted the decision was made to drop the other 2 lads, that's football & they were looking rusty. I expect DS & FH to now keep they're places for Boro.

Get behind the team & stop whining we won 2-0 ffs against a team in red hot form. Sighhhh
                                Last edited by Guest; 23-02-2011, 11:07 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X