I hope the Connolly/Gorrks argument is put to bed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jeffro View Post
    And hammersmith if you honestly believe that dan Shittu cares as much for millwall and Bolton as he does for us, then I suggest you speak to the lad. He loves rangers and has spent most his Playing career here , who are you to judge him??

Shittu was immense and the sad thing is that you cannot find it in yourself to admit that or admit the great decision made by Neil to drop the shaky looking pairing of a wobbly Gorrks and powder puff connoly.
    You have some valid points there Jeffro, but you then let yourself down by equally, and unfairly name calling the two CB's with the best defensive record in the league. Without them and Paddy, the simple facts are, we'd be nowhere near as good a position as we are currently. We simply haven't scored enough goals. Our defence has kept us in this race.
    Last edited by BennyBoyRs; 23-02-2011, 12:41 AM.
    Your mum would love me...

Comment

Gorrks is good on the ball???? Now I gotta question if you actually attend games. Did you not see hoof after hoof against forest last week, Connolly granted is the best on the floor of our cb's but I ain't having Gorrks , never. He couldn't trap a bag of cement.

How can you reel off the premierships best cb's and compare to Shittu??? We are talking about a decent championship player, of course he is t as good as them, but neither is wobbly or PP?? Give Shittu some credit, he has kept a clean sheet and plenty more to come!

Comment

Come on Coxy. Dan is good enough. I personally feel he's a better option than Gorkss. I'm with you on Connolly though.

Comment

And hammersmith if you honestly believe that dan Shittu cares as much for millwall and Bolton as he does for us, then I suggest you speak to the lad. He loves rangers and has spent most his Playing career here , who are you to judge him??

Shittu was immense and the sad thing is that you cannot find it in yourself to admit that or admit the great decision made by Neil to drop the shaky looking pairing of a wobbly Gorrks and powder puff connoly.
          And i can judge him because I was there at his debut when he got sent off at Peterborough and was there at virtually all his games home and away plus today.

Only fickle fans fall for badge kissing. They all do it at their clubs and sadly some fans fall for it. Only player I would accept it from is Cook as he is proper Rangers.
          First game: Arsenal vs Queen's Park Rangers at Highbury, Saturday 17th November 1984.

Comment

And still we argue.

We have 4 very decent centre halves. Excellent isnt it?

Comment

the great decision made by Neil to drop the shaky looking pairing of a wobbly Gorrks and powder puff connoly.
              I wouldn't say they were "dropped". They were rested as they've looked a bit heavy legged in the last couple of games, and that's Neil's quote from the press conference, not mine. Understandable when they've played virtually every game this season and have another long journey this saturday.

Comment

Ipswich just hit 6 at Doncaster how can you say they aren't a decent attacking side?? Madness.. I'm off to sleep anyway. Night hammersmith and benny. Ric talking sense as ever mate.

Comment

Gorrks is good on the ball???? Now I gotta question if you actually attend games. Did you not see hoof after hoof against forest last week, Connolly granted is the best on the floor of our cb's but I ain't having Gorrks , never. He couldn't trap a bag of cement.

How can you reel off the premierships best cb's and compare to Shittu??? We are talking about a decent championship player, of course he is t as good as them, but neither is wobbly or PP?? Give Shittu some credit, he has kept a clean sheet and plenty more to come!

Gorks has been poor recently and maybe deserved to be dropped but is still part of a great back 4. Not sure why MC was dropped????

But Shittu is quite literally sh1t on the floor. Time will tell if he gets more clean sheets, especially from sides who attack our goal.
                  First game: Arsenal vs Queen's Park Rangers at Highbury, Saturday 17th November 1984.

Comment

Originally posted by SirLes View Post
                    And still we argue.

We have 4 very decent centre halves. Excellent isnt it?
                    Agreed. None are perfect.

I do find it sad that some resort to harsh little name calling of the two best CB's in the league, as far as the goals conceded go. I'm no big fan of Gorkss, and world rather see Dan as a matter of opinion, but credit where it's due and all that.

Comment

Ipswich just hit 6 at Doncaster how can you say they aren't a decent attacking side?? Madness.. I'm off to sleep anyway. Night hammersmith and benny. Ric talking sense as ever mate.
                      Donny nearly had to cancel their game tonight as they had 14 players out! Been like that for a while I believe!

But did they threaten our goal especially in the first half when we were so sh1t!

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley76 View Post
                        I wouldn't say they were "dropped". They were rested as they've looked a bit heavy legged in the last couple of games, and that's Neil's quote from the press conference, not mine. Understandable when they've played virtually every game this season and have another long journey this saturday.

Were they at fault for the goal on Sat???

Er no.........midfielders failed to track their man.........do they get treated like our centre halves? They have played probably more games than Gorks and Connolly!

I just hope that Warnock does not become like Holloway and start to treat certain players differently.

If anything I think Faurlin has been poor recently and has looked tired. Will he get rested??

Comment

This is my new favourite thread.

We'll done to the clean sheet, either way you look at it. I still know my preference, but I'm pretty happy. Forest, Norwich and Leeds made it all the more sweeter.

Comment

Originally posted by HammersmithR View Post
                            Were they at fault for the goal on Sat???

Er no.........midfielders failed to track their man.........do they get treated like our centre halves? They have played probably more games than Gorks and Connolly!

I just hope that Warnock does not become like Holloway and start to treat certain players differently.

If anything I think Faurlin has been poor recently and has looked tired. Will he get rested??
                            I agree with you. I'm just relaying NW's reasons for the change from the press conference. Said he was actually contemplating doing it for the Preston game but erred on the side of caution in the end...and that he'd played Hall and Shittu in the reserve game and they had a very good understanding.

Comment

Tonight Danny Shittu was immense. He gave us everything we have been missing. A dominant, fearless, brute of a centre half. Bossed Scotland and wickham from the start.
                              I was worried if powder puff Connolly Played he would have been muscled out the game by wickham, and was so glad to see big dan on the starting team sheet.
                              I was surprised he axes Gorrks too but fitz let no one down.
                              I think tonight also showed that the mean defensive record is down mainly to the likes of Hill, Kenny and Derry , not Gorrks and conning, as Shittu was an absolute rock and we didn't miss them at all.Welcome back big man and love the badge kissing at the end to the fans too!!!
                              How to erase a seasons's contribution in one sweeping judgement.

Comment

I rate Both Gorkks and Connolly.

Yes Danny Shitt.u had a fantastic game tonight, and i am over the moon with him, but i still rate the pair that went out. In fairness Hall had a decent game aswell, infact ive personally thought Hall has done well whenever he has played this season but is unfairly booed...

Connolly and Gorkks imo still have a massive say in the team and just because they were dropped tonight does not mean they are now bannished the depths of just bench warmers... They will continue to have a massive say in our promotion push and so they should. Connolly is one of the best youngsters we have imo and Gorkks has been fantastic for us since he joined.
                                Cant believe it, ive been PWOPER MUGGED ORF...

Comment

Working...
                                X