The run in.........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The run in.........

Is it better to play teams pushing for promotion or those fighting for survival as the season concludes?

A lot of people on here are saying we have a better/easier run in than those currently in the top 6 or 7. QPR tend to play better and get better results against the so called 'big rivals' so whats your take on it?

Our results against Swansea, Cardiff, Forest etc show we raise our game, traditionally we are poor when playing away against Scunny, Barnsley, Doncaster, Boro etc

Whats this board gonna be like when, as I have predicted for a while now, we will only take 2 points from the next 9?

Personally I wish we were playing Cardiff, Swansea, Norwich, Forest, etc in March and April rather than mid table mediority
    22nd February away v Charlton is the 40th Anniversary of my support of QPR and my first game. Away v Chelsea 3-3 23rd Feb 1974. 40 years of pure magic!!

Squeaky bum time whoever you play.

Comment

Originally posted by Sotonsuperhoop View Post
      Is it better to play teams pushing for promotion or those fighting for survival as the season concludes?

A lot of people on here are saying we have a better/easier run in than those currently in the top 6 or 7. QPR tend to play better and get better results against the so called 'big rivals' so whats your take on it?

Our results against Swansea, Cardiff, Forest etc show we raise our game, traditionally we are poor when playing away against Scunny, Barnsley, Doncaster, Boro etc

Whats this board gonna be like when, as I have predicted for a while now, we will only take 2 points from the next 9?

Personally I wish we were playing Cardiff, Swansea, Norwich, Forest, etc in March and April rather than mid table mediority
      are you saying were only gonna take 2 points from the next 3 mate?

Comment

Yeah draw tomorrow, lose at Boro and draw with Leicester. 2 points from next 9 available.
        Last edited by Sotonsuperhoop; 22-02-2011, 08:53 AM.
        22nd February away v Charlton is the 40th Anniversary of my support of QPR and my first game. Away v Chelsea 3-3 23rd Feb 1974. 40 years of pure magic!!

Comment

I don't think bottom or top it makes that much difference as we proved on saturday and forest proved midweek. 3 from 9 would be a disaster.....I'm going for 9!

Comment

Yeah draw tomorrow, lose at Boro and draw with Leicester. 3 points from next 9 available.
            now im no carol voderman but those maths dont add up mate!!
            two draws and a defeat makes 2 no?!

Comment

Phew !
              I misread it as though we'd only take 2 points out of the next 9 games !
              I was about to go through the spirits cupboard !

I really hope you get to revise that prediction Wed AM Soton.

Comment

Yeah draw tomorrow, lose at Boro and draw with Leicester. 3 points from next 9 available.
                Nice math

Comment

mid table mediocrity, if they are not worried about relegation and can't make the playoffs, are the best teams to play. All the teams at the bottom and top 10 will be busting a lung trying to get results, the mid table guys are already thinking of their summer holiday *cue Cliff Richard*

Comment

For Morris, Moon and all you out there I know my maths is sh*te!! But you all knew what I meant!!

Comment

we

we are not a team who find it easy to score goals,our system makes us difficult to conced and if we can get promotion we should be able to hold onto our position,but if the other teams start fireing loads of goals in we may well end up in the play offs
                      Click here to view my blog.

More...

Comment

Don't worry Ted Hulse 'will come good' and net a dozen or so by end of April!!

Comment

No difference as we approach the end of the season. Surely the players know they have to raise their remaining games.
                          QPR fan since1987

@yousef_qpr

Comment

This league is very tight, and there really is very little between top and bottom, i do believe though that at this stage i would rather play teams in and around us, than teams fighting for there lives at the wrong end of the table.

Comment

Up until now we do better against bottom half
                              Top 5 - 8 - 3 = 23 points
                              Bottom 11 - 5 - 0 = 38 points
                              We still have 8 against bottom half teams end 6 vs top half
                              Now it is probably best to play middle teams - not in relegation or promotion
                              3 are against top 8 - 5 against middle 8 - 6 against bottom 8

We really should be able to do it
                              3 draws agains top
                              5 wins against middle
                              3 wins agains bottom
                              This will give us 88 points - it should be enough

Comment

Working...
                              X