My take on the players yesterday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jfish View Post
    I don't see the season we went up from div 1 a fair comparison to be honest.

You can bang on about 15k being a good crowd, I don't think it is and we should have a home sellout every game.

Anyway back to the main point on this thread some of our players are big tim charlie's...
    yeah the ground 5/6ths full on average well poor!!

Comment

Originally posted by moon_safari View Post
      are crowds are bigger than when ollie took us up!!!
      what division are we going to if we can nail it???? The big one. Sure you can show averages between the two seasons-i can't so i'll leave it to you.what will the average at the end of the season be and what will the average away attendence be?? Lot of teams bring a fair amount to us-still have leeds and palace yet. You-like all(me included) would have predicted bigger crowds at home a couple of years back. Do you feel anyway gutted/surprised with the fact of lower crowds at home for a team...on the verge. I am. Got to a playoff final they'd be coming out the woodwork-poor show for me.
      PRIDE OF LONDON.

Comment

We knew Hall was a big time Charlie last season PotY awards other too, so nothing new there.

Crowds - Yes disappointingly low, BUT
        NO Saturday 3pm home game since Cardiff on Nov 27th doesn't help.
        Only 2 more Sat 3pm games left this season, won't help.

Pitiful away turnout hasn't helped either. Only 2 teams have filled the away end. Thus nearly always 1,500 to 2,000 below capacity !

Current Ave : 15.095
        Ave the season Ollie got us promoted : 14,811
        Ave the season AFTER : 16,056

Which was our Highest average since 1978/9 a relegation season ! And the 5 years previous which was our most successful period to that point in our history.
        Only 1967-69 and from 1947-52 did we average higher than 16k.

So we're not doing THAT bad if viewed historically.

Comment

Originally posted by the white city general View Post
          some would have you think we'd fill a 25k seater stadium in the pl all season long....
          playing chelsea/utd/sousers/arsenal/spurs....etc.....fc uk me -we could get an average of...........21,872 over a season. Mmmm...
          PRIDE OF LONDON.

Comment

Oh and when we LAST won Promotion to the Top division (1892/83) our season average was.....

12,806 ! Any the ground help much more then !

Comment

yeah the ground 5/6ths full on average well poor!!
              Yep, sure is.

Comment

dont know the exact figures for saturday but i think there was quite a few more than there has been in recent seasons at deepdale, half the rangers in the sumners pub were having their first visit to preston

it will be interesting to see how many we take to middlesbrough next saturday
                its New Era number 8 i tell thee, bring on the fireworks

Comment

Originally posted by qpr1976 View Post
                  oh and when we last won promotion to the top division (1892/83) our season average was.....

12,806 ! Any the ground help much more then !
                  compare the average crowds for all games in the old first division(not the prem!!) for those days-include the average 2nd divison home gates....they were low. We should be filling our small stadium imo. Remember chelsea/fulham/wigan/bolton/etc having problems getting fans through the turnstiles in those days-teams come and go.
                  PRIDE OF LONDON.

Comment

It would be nice to think we could, but in truth we never had consistantly filled out ground.

16,056 is out best all season average for over 30 years.
                    Only 3 seasons in that time has it been over 15k !
                    Plus this season, which currently only just sneeks into 15k.

Only Leicester, Palace & Leeds will attract large away following which will be essential to increasing that average.
                    Ipswich, Sheff Utd, Derby & Hull won't bring many as none are on a traditional Saturday.

Our Capacity has been between 18k and 19k for a good few years now.
                    Mid 73/74 to 78/79 when we enjoyed 6 seasons of between 16k and 23,830 (75/76) our capacity was much higher. I don't recall exactly, but I'm sure last game V Leeds saw 35k at LR. So I guess that was capacity.

Comment

I will look forward to tomorrow night hopefully beng jam packed in the rangers end....

Comment

two to a seat.
                        PRIDE OF LONDON.

Comment

Originally posted by bushcelt1 View Post
                          two to a seat.
                          put a girl on your shoulders, don't forget the lighters..

Comment

Originally posted by jfish View Post
                            I will look forward to tomorrow night hopefully beng jam packed in the rangers end....
                            And it was!!
                            Great crowd midweek.

Comment

And it was!!
                              Great crowd midweek.
                              It was a good crowd yes.

I bet you was itching to get on here to post that..!!

still 2k short though

Comment

I would be a big time charlie on there wages
                                Dyslexic so please don't feel the need to correct my spelling mistakes as I really don't give a **** and before you say use spell checker if it is spelt right / wright but not in context spell check is useless

Comment

Working...
                                X