Just back from Preston - Team Ratings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just back from Preston - Team Ratings

Today's ratings from today's game, in which we acted like a complacent top team who didn't seem to understand that we couldn't just turn up and win.

It was long ball, long ball, and long ball again in the second half, with Routledge completely and utterly anonymous and Taarabt trying to 'do something' while the rest of the team simply watched on.

Anyway...

Kenny: 7 - A good save in the first half and he was chipped beautifully in the second. Some of his kicking - directionally was poor and seemed to struggle under pressure.

Orr: 5 - Ripped apart constantly and the gap between him and Walker - who we miss so, so dreadfully - became apparent because he tries to get forward, he struggled to get back. Could we find a replacement? Please!

Gorkss: 6- Communication between him and Connolly failed at times - as they have this season - and his distribution was poor. Also shaky

Connolly: 8- Man of the Match today. Cut out everything, and he's NOT the weak link in the central defense.

Hill: 7 - Actually was pretty good today. He battled and got back and cut out more than I've seen. The goal he scored against Pompey seemed to have done his confidence no end of good. But he'll struggle with more pacey - and better- wingers.

MIDFIELD

Faurlin: 5: When he plays well, we play well - it's as simple as that. And today, he didn't.

Taarabt: 7: As much as people hated his selfishness, he was the only player in the Rangers side today to show a bit of adventure. I'd argue that because no-one else was doing any work, Taarabt felt like he had to take the game and carry the team on his own. He shouldn't have to apologise for that. Some of his balls out to Routledge in the first half were absolutely sensational.

Derry: 9: Had a poor first 15 minutes, but was then pretty perfect. He was booked for reacting to a foul on Routledge in the first half - and we need him to behave himself. We don't need a two-match ban for him with 8 games to go so please Sean - ****ing behave.

Routledge: 6. In the first half Routledge was our best player. His speed and some of the work with Taarabt was first class, and he constantly worried Preston. He was booked for nothing (if there was an appeal system then I'd scream out for the judges!). In the second half, he was absolutely anonymous. I didn't notice him - even with his red boots. The fact that he had to switch from the right wing hurt him dreadfully.

ATTACK

Miller: 7/ Moen: 5 Miller shone out today as another player who worries defences. He played well with Helguson up front. A little turn and tweak in the second half took him out of the game, and his replacement Moen did nothing for the confidence. He's not good on the left? Why change Routledge when he'd been doing well, Neil?

Helguson: 8/ Hulse: 6 Nice finish for the goal and he worked absolutely tirelessly today. The Miller/ Helguson combination is a pretty nice thing to have, if they both stay fit or Miller doesn't go back to West Brom. Rob Hulse, however, went through another game without creating a chance, and against one of the poor defences in the league, completely lost on header after header late into the game after some nice touches early on.

Nice to see Buz back (7), by the way after his lay-off. Let's hope he regains match fitness quickly so we can pick ourselves up from the game.

MANAGEMENT

Warnock (5)

I don't know what NW said to the team at half-time, but it didn't bloody work in the second time. The long-ball hoof tactics are impossible when you've got Hulse struggling, and he didn't look to a Plan B. Yes, we shouldn't blame the manager when we're top of the league by 5 points, but then again, it should be OK to say a few harsh words after creating little or no chances in 180 minutes of the football that we've seen this week. NW has to find a Plan B - because the Hulse situation is worsening by the minute- and let's hope Buz is part of this. And also, his decision to put Routledge on the right was an absolute failure today, and bringing on Moen did not inspire the side so much as destroy it.

TEAM PERFORMANCE: 5. We were complacent today. We thought we'd turn up and win, and didn't bank on a Preston team who's suddenly playing like a team who wants to fight for their lives. Scunthorpe may well be the same. Let's hope we can pick ourselves up confidence-wise against Ipswich, eh?

Good write up & again confirms plenty to the rose tinted glasses brigade that the business really starts now & we cannot afford to become complacent which it seems we were today.

Comment

Originally posted by Ric-Roc View Post
      Good write up & again confirms plenty to the rose tinted glasses brigade that the business really starts now & we cannot afford to become complacent which it seems we were today.
      Rather rose-tinted than sphincter spasm.

Comment

Can't agree with the Derry/Faurlin ratings.
        Felt Derry was second to too many balls which cost us, and AF was stretched as a result.
        Do agree with the AT rating -- he was often surrounded by 3 or more men and having to try and showboat out of it (got more intense during 2nd half). Very hard to pass or shoot with that sort of marking -- most of his shots were blocked as soon as they' d left his foot, as would passes have been.
        And Orr, who looked OK before we got Walker, looks very shaky -- last week the Forest player got goal side of him which is why that shot hit him and Orr didn't have a chance to clear, and today a lot of their stuff went down that side.
        And Gorkss was left watching in wonder for their goal -- too much time and space given to the Preston bloke.
        Hulse looks like a totally spent force at this level too.

What worried me was that we sat back and tried to defend at 1-0 -- something we haven't been doing this season for a change -- and I think that's a confidence/bottle thing; not taking the risks to get a second goal.
        We laugh at Cardiff for it, but is OUR bottle going?
        That 5 point gap will evaporate very quickly unless Warnock can re-instil the belief we had earlier in the season.
        Roll on Tuesday.
        Faurlin is my hero!!! Love him!!! #########

Comment

Why have you given Derry a 9 but not MOTM, and Connolly an 8 but MOTM??

Are you Irish?

Comment

Originally posted by Morris View Post

Are you Irish?

Comment

Thank you

THANK YOU for taking the time to put together a good report and thanks to swanley who also has put up a good report,these reports do mean a lot to us because they help us to get a better understanding,so weell done folks
              Click here to view my blog.

More...

Comment

Are you Irish?
                No call for comments like that Jack.

Comment

Originally posted by alexferguson60 View Post
                  Today's ratings from today's game, in which we acted like a complacent top team who didn't seem to understand that we couldn't just turn up and win.

It was long ball, long ball, and long ball again in the second half, with Routledge completely and utterly anonymous and Taarabt trying to 'do something' while the rest of the team simply watched on.

Anyway...

Kenny: 7 - A good save in the first half and he was chipped beautifully in the second. Some of his kicking - directionally was poor and seemed to struggle under pressure.

Orr: 5 - Ripped apart constantly and the gap between him and Walker - who we miss so, so dreadfully - became apparent because he tries to get forward, he struggled to get back. Could we find a replacement? Please!

Gorkss: 6- Communication between him and Connolly failed at times - as they have this season - and his distribution was poor. Also shaky

Connolly: 8- Man of the Match today. Cut out everything, and he's NOT the weak link in the central defense.

Hill: 7 - Actually was pretty good today. He battled and got back and cut out more than I've seen. The goal he scored against Pompey seemed to have done his confidence no end of good. But he'll struggle with more pacey - and better- wingers.

MIDFIELD

Faurlin: 5: When he plays well, we play well - it's as simple as that. And today, he didn't.

Taarabt: 7: As much as people hated his selfishness, he was the only player in the Rangers side today to show a bit of adventure. I'd argue that because no-one else was doing any work, Taarabt felt like he had to take the game and carry the team on his own. He shouldn't have to apologise for that. Some of his balls out to Routledge in the first half were absolutely sensational.

Derry: 9: Had a poor first 15 minutes, but was then pretty perfect. He was booked for reacting to a foul on Routledge in the first half - and we need him to behave himself. We don't need a two-match ban for him with 8 games to go so please Sean - ****ing behave.

Routledge: 6. In the first half Routledge was our best player. His speed and some of the work with Taarabt was first class, and he constantly worried Preston. He was booked for nothing (if there was an appeal system then I'd scream out for the judges!). In the second half, he was absolutely anonymous. I didn't notice him - even with his red boots. The fact that he had to switch from the right wing hurt him dreadfully.

ATTACK

Miller: 7/ Moen: 5 Miller shone out today as another player who worries defences. He played well with Helguson up front. A little turn and tweak in the second half took him out of the game, and his replacement Moen did nothing for the confidence. He's not good on the left? Why change Routledge when he'd been doing well, Neil?

Helguson: 8/ Hulse: 6 Nice finish for the goal and he worked absolutely tirelessly today. The Miller/ Helguson combination is a pretty nice thing to have, if they both stay fit or Miller doesn't go back to West Brom. Rob Hulse, however, went through another game without creating a chance, and against one of the poor defences in the league, completely lost on header after header late into the game after some nice touches early on.

Nice to see Buz back (7), by the way after his lay-off. Let's hope he regains match fitness quickly so we can pick ourselves up from the game.

MANAGEMENT

Warnock (5)

I don't know what NW said to the team at half-time, but it didn't bloody work in the second time. The long-ball hoof tactics are impossible when you've got Hulse struggling, and he didn't look to a Plan B. Yes, we shouldn't blame the manager when we're top of the league by 5 points, but then again, it should be OK to say a few harsh words after creating little or no chances in 180 minutes of the football that we've seen this week. NW has to find a Plan B - because the Hulse situation is worsening by the minute- and let's hope Buz is part of this. And also, his decision to put Routledge on the right was an absolute failure today, and bringing on Moen did not inspire the side so much as destroy it.

TEAM PERFORMANCE: 5. We were complacent today. We thought we'd turn up and win, and didn't bank on a Preston team who's suddenly playing like a team who wants to fight for their lives. Scunthorpe may well be the same. Let's hope we can pick ourselves up confidence-wise against Ipswich, eh?
                  Based on your ratings it would appear quite a few players had pretty good games; Connolly was MOM with 8/10 yet Derry was 9/10? Also a substitute appearance earns Buzsaky 7/10. I'm not trying to nick pic at your report because its appreciated but if your going to write a detailed match report like this be consistent and think how you rate a players performance. It appears that 5 players had good games yet the team played badly???

Comment

All ways look forward to these write ups so thanks

Comment

Originally posted by LoftusRoadLad View Post
                      All ways look forward to these write ups so thanks

Same here. thank you very much for your time and effort!!
                      QPR
                      Best team in the world
                      Sort of

Comment

Originally posted by swanleyhoop View Post
                        Can't agree with the Derry/Faurlin ratings.
                        Felt Derry was second to too many balls which cost us, and AF was stretched as a result.
                        Do agree with the AT rating -- he was often surrounded by 3 or more men and having to try and showboat out of it (got more intense during 2nd half). Very hard to pass or shoot with that sort of marking -- most of his shots were blocked as soon as they' d left his foot, as would passes have been.
                        And Orr, who looked OK before we got Walker, looks very shaky -- last week the Forest player got goal side of him which is why that shot hit him and Orr didn't have a chance to clear, and today a lot of their stuff went down that side.
                        And Gorkss was left watching in wonder for their goal -- too much time and space given to the Preston bloke.
                        Hulse looks like a totally spent force at this level too.

What worried me was that we sat back and tried to defend at 1-0 -- something we haven't been doing this season for a change -- and I think that's a confidence/bottle thing; not taking the risks to get a second goal.
                        We laugh at Cardiff for it, but is OUR bottle going?
                        That 5 point gap will evaporate very quickly unless Warnock can re-instil the belief we had earlier in the season.
                        Roll on Tuesday.

I didnt see the match but hasn´t Gorkks found himself guilty of "Ballwatching" in a few games already this season. As far as I´m concerned I have noticed it when I have seen the team live on SKY. He sometimes lack a bit of composure in that "department.
                        I hope that problem will be sorted in one way or the other.
                        My view only though!
                        QPR
                        Best team in the world
                        Sort of

Comment

Are you Irish?
                          Do you fancy explaining yourself Morris?

Comment

Defence is not the problem, although Hill and Orr need to be offering more in an attacking threat. We don't ever look like scoring more than 1 goal a game and if that's not enough and the opposition score, then a point is all we're gonna get.

Our strikers don't score enough. The midfielders certainly don't score enough.

I still ask myself why in such a good side didn't we buy a flaming striker!!!!! It's so bl00dy obvious!
                            First game: Arsenal vs Queen's Park Rangers at Highbury, Saturday 17th November 1984.

Comment

I didn't go, nor did I listen to it on the wire. I didn't watch SkySports News, nor Final Score, instead I decided a life outside of QPR is more worth while. Why? Because we are an average team who have out done ourselves, but our mediocrity is now catching us up with us and watching QPR of late is like watching Peter Kay - oh so boring.

Warnock is not the messiah, he is a very naughty boy.

Comment

Working...
                              X