No announcement yet.

Warnock - no ideas!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i read in the paper that we had never gone in front and not won the game till last sunday, now we have done it twice on the trot.

Comment

Only just seen this thread but have made similar points to the opening post elsewhere. Totally agree with it and several others (notably Swanley) after.

First half was a bit nervy considering how poor PNE were but then it went downhill. Very poor and all the substitutes, bar Buz who offered a tiny glimpse of something, showed the paucity of a plan B. I also do not think Neil has much of a clue when plan A is blown off course. Controvesial but indispuitable.

Comment

GTP - The infront comment was wrong.
        Scoring 1st and not winning ? Preston, Notts Forest, Burnley & Bristol City (2-1 up) 4 times now, but only twice before last week.

RnR - So by your logic of rather losing than draw, we'd now be 7th (outside playoffs), 3 behind Leicester and just 1 ahead of Burnly with them having a game in hand on us.
        I suspect you're assuming we'd win some of those, but I'm not sure how, if we didn't win them in the 1st place.

As a thought, during our recent dark years at the bottom of the table, have we ever ground out good results against promotion winning teams ?
        I'm thinking West Brom (twice), Newcastle (a) last season. Birmingham, Wolves before. And we won most of those ! I wonder how they reacted to such setbacks ?

Comment

Originally posted by QPR1976 View Post
          GTP - The infront comment was wrong.
          Scoring 1st and not winning ? Preston, Notts Forest, Burnley & Bristol City (2-1 up) 4 times now, but only twice before last week.
          yeah cheers, i wasnt sure if it was true, cos it was a quote from phil brown in the n.o.world

Comment

Originally posted by G.T.P View Post
            yeah cheers, i wasnt sure if it was true, cos it was a quote from phil brown in the n.o.world
            Think it was that we have always won when leading at half time

Comment

With the HT proviso, it's accurate, but badly reported/captured in NotW which I read and disputed at the time.

Throwing away a lead 4 times this season. Which is good.

Fact that Twice in the last week is not so good.

Comment

Have to say I am with hammersmith here, Preston had given up by the 35th minute they were like a boxer waiting for the towel to be thrown into the ring and yet we not only failed to finish them off but we were so average in the second half that a team with no beleif and little desire actually grew in confidence and probably feel dissapointed they didnt go on to win the game

Taraabt should have been hooked off after 60 minutes we should not have taken helguson off, Orr should have been replaced around the 70 mark, at 1-1 we showed little real desire to try and win the game, it was just all a bit poor and one dimensional.

Its ok saying draw away and win at home but preston has been a gimme for other clubs this season so it IS 2 points dropped and it heaps the pressure on for tuesday.

Fundementally though our biggest problem is the same old problem, a lack of strikers capable of hitting the back of the net regularly.
                its New Era number 8 i tell thee, bring on the fireworks

Comment

Originally posted by PeterG View Post
                  Have to say I am with hammersmith here, Preston had given up by the 35th minute they were like a boxer waiting for the towel to be thrown into the ring and yet we not only failed to finish them off but we were so average in the second half that a team with no beleif and little desire actually grew in confidence and probably feel dissapointed they didnt go on to win the game

Taraabt should have been hooked off after 60 minutes we should not have taken helguson off, Orr should have been replaced around the 70 mark, at 1-1 we showed little real desire to try and win the game, it was just all a bit poor and one dimensional.

Its ok saying draw away and win at home but preston has been a gimme for other clubs this season so it IS 2 points dropped and it heaps the pressure on for tuesday.

Fundementally though our biggest problem is the same old problem, a lack of strikers capable of hitting the back of the net regularly.
                  would you say though, that our strikers whoever they are.. havent exactly had many crosses or through balls for them to be on the end of to miss? i mean on a regular basis and not in one game where HH/Hulse missed a few sitters.
                  Soldier: "im on reconnaissance sir.. im looking for our camouflage expert.. have you seen him?"
                  Lovejoy: "No?!"
                  Soldier: "GOD DAMNIT THAT GUYS GOOD!"

Please Follow My Twitter

Comment

"would you say though, that our strikers whoever they are.. havent exactly had many crosses or through balls for them to be on the end of to miss? i mean on a regular basis and not in one game where HH/Hulse missed a few sitters."

I think thats a fair point, especially in the last 15 games or so we have been rather industrial in our approach and rarely get round the back of defences, when we do (as per our goal on saturday) we create chances but I can tell you that if it had been hulse on instead of Helguson i doubt he would have got to it he is way off the pace at the moment and just hasnt been the player for us that he has in the past when playing against us
                    its New Era number 8 i tell thee, bring on the fireworks

Comment

All the doom mongers should make some money!

Comment

Originally posted by rockandroll View Post
                        In doubt we win boro, they just bought the magical Zemmama! ZOUMA ZOUMA!! he will split our actual defense to half! he played 15 minutes in first game and 30 minutes yesterday and he already at 3 Assists.

Zemmama is Adels teammate and international Moroccan. great techniques and mainly hell great vision. he can take 2 , 3 players in one move.
                        Boro did a great business deal there.

for NW, PLAN B is put Adel as striker, tell him to stay just near the opposite Gkeeper and do his magic there for the last 15 minutes when we struggle to score. change formation to 442. we have enough with draws, I prefer we loose than draw. at least with bottom teams where the lost game doesnt affect the table. play for WIN or LOOSE. plz no more draws!
                        he can take 2 or 3 guys huh? simple, we break his ankle , or step on him and break a metatarsal. You prefer to lose than draw, you see this is why I know that you are not a serious man. You act as though there are no draws in Africa or Europe or South America, everybody just wins and loses, well I suggest you support Stoke, they seldom draw, they either win or lose, Man U has a lot of draws, do you think their fans would say, oh, mon ami!, I prefer United to lose than draw, no more draws please!, it's killing me! I want to die!
                        And when you say he will split our 'actual' defence, do you mean to say that we also have a fictional defence? A non- reality based defence? an Animated version of our defence? The lost game does not affect the table? What do you mean? If we lost our last 2 games, we'd be 3 points ahead, not 5, tell me what sort of game does not affect the table, I know, a cup game or a friendly game, I agree we should lose cup games asap, so that we can concentrate on the league.

Comment

Working...
                        X