Warnock faces striker dilemma for Preston trip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Morris View Post
    Now now, Stan, it's all about opinions. Just because mine is different, don't say it is wrong.

Secondly, Derry and Faurlin our clearly our 2 holding midfielders, with for eg, Routledge and Smith on the wings with Taarabt "in the hole" free to roam wherever he wants to. These 5 play behind a lone striker, im sure you will agree.

This is most certainly a 4-2-3-1 formation, with lots of movement from the attacking midfield 3 to interchange positions.

I noticed Adel started on the wing and Smith was more central at one point vs Forest, but the formation stayed the same.

Hulse probably should have a few more goals, granted, but he does do a good job for the side, in a thankless role for most strikers at this level.

I giove up with this. It doesn't even add up, literally! we have 2 holding midfilders in front of the back 4 but behind the middle 4 whi is behind the top 1. Tight formation. I rather fancied that Derry played the old fashioned number 4 as the 5th defender and the other four played across the park. Adel roaming (usually from the left) and whatever it is our lone striker is meant to do

But I said I was done with the free h-education and I now I really am. I will look out for this (what are we calling it? a wonky hour glass formation perhaps?) at deepdale tomorrow and will surely be enlightened. Or the opposite of that perhaps.

Comment

Blind faith, optimism, call it what you will. But i actually think Hulse will score tomorrow.

Hulse to start imo.. I say that mainly because thats what i think Warnock will do.
      Cant believe it, ive been PWOPER MUGGED ORF...

Comment

Both of you put them dam hangbags away and let me explain.

Firstly, I agree Hulse is utter shiteness, the poor lad can't score from anywhere, let alone hold,pass,score or head the ball in an EFFECTIVE manner.

Secondly, We play a 4-2-3-1 formation, with taraabt tending to be on the left side to get that right footed finess shot off, however does wander over to the right occasionally and sometimes lingers in behind our lone striker. He does this, in order to get away from his man markers and generally confuse the opposing teams strategy on how to deal with him.

Thirdly, who cares? this is qpr and were stuck with 3 shite strikers, wheter or NOT a 442 is played, however they may perform slightly better in this formation, it still doesn't matter because we haven't played this formation all season and I highly doubt the gaffer would decide to alter it!

Comment

Tomorrow Hulse is gonna score a hat-trick to shut us all up ...me included.
          Heres for tomorrow

Comment

dream on

Comment

Originally posted by stanley75 View Post
              I giove up with this. It doesn't even add up, literally! we have 2 holding midfilders in front of the back 4 but behind the middle 4 whi is behind the top 1. Tight formation. I rather fancied that Derry played the old fashioned number 4 as the 5th defender and the other four played across the park. Adel roaming (usually from the left) and whatever it is our lone striker is meant to do

But I said I was done with the free h-education and I now I really am. I will look out for this (what are we calling it? a wonky hour glass formation perhaps?) at deepdale tomorrow and will surely be enlightened. Or the opposite of that perhaps.
              It adds up perfectly, unlike most of your latest post.

Comment

[QUOTE=Morris;536536]Now now, Stan, it's all about opinions. Just because mine is different, don't say it is wrong.

QUOTE]

Couldn't agree more son and maybe you will now remember to follow your own advice rather than posting patronising comments such as "another poster who clearly doesn't understand" etc. Then I'm sure you'll start getting along with people much better. If that's settled, I'm cool.

Comment

[QUOTE=stainrodisalegend;536607]
                  Originally posted by Morris View Post
                  Now now, Stan, it's all about opinions. Just because mine is different, don't say it is wrong.

QUOTE]

Couldn't agree more son and maybe you will now remember to follow your own advice rather than posting patronising comments such as "another poster who clearly doesn't understand" etc. Then I'm sure you'll start getting along with people much better. If that's settled, I'm cool.
                  Fair enough. I apolagise for that one.

I stand by everything else I said though.

Comment

OK, I respect that, we can all agree to disagree and I know you are passionate about the club so no hard feelings.

And I would dearly love you to prove me wrong with Hulse tomorrow - don't care too much whether he is the one who scores but imho he badly owes us an important contribution. If its not in his job description to score goals then an assist.

Comment

Originally posted by Ric-Roc View Post
                      Their is no defending Hulse whether he holds the ball up or not he doesn't score & he has missed many many many chances.

Not good enough.

It doesn't matter whether we're 442, 433, 451, 4231, Christmas tree, diamond or cupcake formation..
                      We've all seen Hulse missing sitters with our own eyes, we've all seen him lose possession countless times with his poor first touch.
                      That's just poor from any striker, regardless of the system.
                      It's a shame, and a big disappointment, as I was really excited when we bought him -- I just hope (but doubt) that it IS a fitness issue, and he'll surprise us with bucketfuls of goals before long.
                      Faurlin is my hero!!! Love him!!! #########

Comment

Originally posted by stainrodisalegend View Post
                        OK, I respect that, we can all agree to disagree and I know you are passionate about the club so no hard feelings.

And I would dearly love you to prove me wrong with Hulse tomorrow - don't care too much whether he is the one who scores but imho he badly owes us an important contribution. If its not in his job description to score goals then an assist.

Comment

Working...
                        X