Warnock faces striker dilemma for Preston trip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Warnock faces striker dilemma for Preston trip

HEIDAR Helguson could make a return to first team action at Preston after recovering from a groin strain which has sidelined him since the home game against Coventry last month.

More...

Still think Warno will start Hulse.

Comment

Not much of a dilemma in my opinion, Hulse should never play again, ok that's a bit harsh, maybe let him play 1 more game - in the close season friendlies.
      Queens Park Rangers
      NPower Champions 2010/2011

PREMIER LEAGUE 2011 - ETERNITY (Oh well got that wrong, we'll be back though)

Comment

Start Heidar if fit enough
        CHAMPIONS
        Ainsworth is a Legend http://twitter.com/#!/ChrisHermitage Has scored at Loftus Road

Comment

If we get a vote, I punt HH to start please. Miller later on if we have to. Hulse is a busted trick for me. In fact this fixture reminds me of his only "goal". Sad.

Run out for Buz if we are 8 nil up at half time?

Comment

One goal in 16 - didn't realise he had played quite that many games. And I remember the goal - off his shin. Heider for me with Miller for Smith and Chimbo for Orr.

Comment

surely the dilemma is none of them are scoring! The last time one of our strikers scored from open play was Rob Hulse against.... Preston!

Comment

The dilemma is to continue making them play a holding up role, bringing others into to play or let the strikers play like strikers and get that the others to bring them into play.

Comment

No brainer for me, Miller
                  Under Les Ferdinand:
                  Luke Freeman, top assists in the league: 4million
                  Alex Smithies, great goalie for this club: 3,5million
                  Charlie Austin, 19 Premier League goals: 4million
                  Jack Robinson: Contract ran out, left for free
                  And many more mistakes

LES FERDINAND, IT'S TIME TO GO

Comment

Hulse will start, and do a good job for the team.

Comment

Originally posted by Morris View Post
                      Hulse will start, and do a good job for the team.
                      Guess there is a first for everything. Leon Clarke actually has a substantially better scoring rate this season than Hulse owing to the fact that he has played far fewer games for his solitary goal against the 16 for Hulse's one.

Comment

Gotta be Miller for me looked far more dangerous although unfit, 2nd by HH abut Hulse is a donkey and really don't see what he offers been extremly poor in my book

Comment

Originally posted by stainrodisalegend View Post
                          Guess there is a first for everything. Leon Clarke actually has a substantially better scoring rate this season than Hulse owing to the fact that he has played far fewer games for his solitary goal against the 16 for Hulse's one.
                          You are obviously one of the many who doesn't understand the system we play and the role the lone striker plays within it.

Comment

Originally posted by Morris View Post
                            You are obviously one of the many who doesn't understand the system we play and the role the lone striker plays within it.
                            Me too! So if an explanation is available of why we have strikers that don't strike let alone score I am all ears. I do hope it isn't that old "hold it up and knock it down mularkey" though.

Comment

plse, you are a perfectly adequate and regular poster but plse don't try to patronise me by denying that I might just about understand what system I've been watching all season: the big man up top is meant to hold the ball up and bring in the on-rushing attacking midfield players who are then meant to score the lion share of the goals. Obviously.

BUT

1) Just because you play with a loan striker/ target man there is nothing written down that says he is somehow exempt from scoring responsibility. He is, after all, the most advanced player on the pitch. As someone pointed out the other day, Drogba scores a few. Naturally I'm not expecting a similar return from Hulse but I would expect more than one in 16: wouldn't you?

2) I don't think Hulse is that good at holding the ball up or bringing others into play either. Helguson, with the exeption of his last game, has been much better. Hulse hasn't even looked good in the air (his supposed strength) evidenced by all the chances he missed against Bristol.

3) He is also extremely imobile so as our own manager said - and I imagine even a guru of your standing might respect his opinion - that no one was there to get on the end of any of the crosses. I imagine Hulse was, at the very least, one of those he had in mind.

If there's anything else I can explain for you, just let me know. Cheers.

Comment

Working...
                              X