Ex Player changes nationailty! LEE CAMP MERGED THREAD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ex Player changes nationailty! LEE CAMP MERGED THREAD

I thought Lee Camp was English when he played for us?!
    twitter @silvercue

soundcloud

He was, wants to play for Northern Ireland now though

Comment

Nottingham Forest goalkeeper Lee Camp has been cleared to play for Northern Ireland, the Irish Football Association have confirmed.

Derby-born Camp, 26, qualifies through his grandfather and could now come into contention for the Euro 2012 qualifiers against Serbia and Slovenia next month
      Northern Ireland manager Nigel Worthington is pleased to have Camp on board, saying: "I am delighted that clearance has come through for Lee to play for us. It has taken a bit of time, but the patience has paid off."

He added: "This is a big plus and it is testament to the quality we have in the squad that players of Lee's calibre want to come and play for Northern Ireland.
      "I have spoken to Lee and he is absolutely delighted that he has been cleared to represent the birthplace of his grandfather."

Camp cannot wait to wear the colours, and said: "I am thrilled that I am now able to play international football for Northern Ireland.
      "It seems like I have been waiting forever for the relevant paperwork to be sorted out with FIFA, but now that I have been given the green light I am looking forward to the opportunity to join up with the squad.

"I would like to thank Nigel Worthington for his patience and for giving me the chance to become involved in the Northern Ireland team."

Comment

I would think he realises that with Hart and Foster he probably wont get a chance, if he wants a international career it has to be with Ireland.

Comment

How funny that the Forest fans were singing "Englands Number 1" on Sunday!!! - numptys
          oldhoop

The Bread Mans Blue and White Army

Comment

He is about as Irish as turbans. I hate it when players do this - it isn't like his dad was Irish or he was born or grew up there.

Should only play for the country that you are really from. I bet he has put English on every form he has ever filled in.

Glad he doesn't play for us anymore.
            twitter @silvercue

soundcloud

Comment

He let the first goal in at the 'NEW' Wembley after about 2 mins on his ENGLAND U21 debut v Italy, kissing his badge I seem to remember too during and after the game ! And they wonder why fans are turning away from Internatinal football and put club before country !

Comment

Originally posted by Kit View Post
                He let the first goal in at the 'NEW' Wembley after about 2 mins on his ENGLAND U21 debut v Italy, kissing his badge I seem to remember too during and after the game ! And they wonder why fans are turning away from Internatinal football and put club before country !
                I still love supporting England - but this type of thing is going to get more and more common and spoil international football. English players and team don't seem to do it as much.....that may be changing now.
                twitter @silvercue

soundcloud

Comment

IMO if you have been capped at any level for one country you shouldn't be able to play for any other country.

Comment

Totally agree...

Originally posted by Kit View Post
                    Absolute joke and he used to lap up the 'England England's No1' songs when he was playing for us....... makes me f.u.c.k.i.n.g sick this sort of international prostitution....:rage:

Comment

so much for forest fans singing Englands No1 on sunday stupid boys

Comment

Originally posted by dpmd View Post
                        IMO if you have been capped at any level for one country you shouldn't be able to play for any other country.
                        as in "english" cricket players. trust me if england did'nt have such a big pool of players to pick from they would be at it as well. saying that...fc uk him...he celebrated like he'd won the world cup on sunday....so much for holding back against former teams. hope him and claridge get caught slipping one to each other in a news of the world exclusive....
                        PRIDE OF LONDON.

Comment

Originally posted by oldhoop View Post
                          How funny that the Forest fans were singing "Englands Number 1" on Sunday!!! - numptys
                          I shouted over to them, "Well, why does he want to play for Northern Ireland then? Twits!!", but I don't think they heard me...
                          Faurlin is my hero!!! Love him!!! #########

Comment

Originally posted by swanleyhoop View Post
                            I shouted over to them, "Well, why does he want to play for Northern Ireland then? Twits!!", but I don't think they heard me...
                            I blew a lot on vodka and tonic, gambling and fags. Looking back, I think I overdid it on the tonic. - The one and only Stanley Bowles

Comment

Going by the thread I know how you all feel but we in Northern Ireland know this is a great find. His grandfather was born in Belfast so is entitled to play for us. At least we are not like the Republic of Ireland, were if you drink a pint of the dark stuff in Dublin you can play for them. Hope he gets a chance in the Serbia and Slovenia games as he is a great keeper (not as good as Paddy Kenny tho).

Comment

Working...
                              X